A little Help could hopefully go a long way

Now im not sure if this is in the right board or not but since it is modding related i figured what the heck. Anyways I am looking into getting into some light modding here and there, First for myself, and then for requests once i feel my skill is sufficent enough to please someone else.

My first question is where can i obtain the default blue Cverse background for workers, and also the Red one that goes with the Thunderverse.

Also if there are any others that i should have that are generally requested. I Have found the blanks for Toggs, KyKym and one that was Named CW.

This has been answered by Michigan Hero

2nd. What program do you guys find most useful for cutting. I currently have Gimp installed and am currently playing with that. I also believe i still have a copy of an old photoshop somewhere stashed away from a computer long since lost to the ages.

If your interested in cutting Idolized has made a great very useful tutorial for gimp which can be found

3rd. For you guys who do renders do you do them with the same program? If not what other ones do you find useful?

4th. I one time saw a mod that had add ons for pictures, such as chairs, hats, glasses, some suits etc. I never downloaded it as well i never planned on getting so consumed by anything other then the default set of images. Anyone know off the top of thier head who made this mod, and where i can find it? And do any of you guys have any additional add ons that you would be willing to share?

5. Any other tips you have i would love to hear them. As well as anything i may have forgot to mention please inform me.

Again sorry if this isnt technically the right forum, but i hope i can get answers here, and maybe just maybe inspire a handful of others to get aboard with the modding of the game that has broughten us all together

My first question is where can i obtain the default blue Cverse background for workers, and also the Red one that goes with the Thunderverse.

Also if there are any others that i should have that are generally requested. I Have found the blanks for Toggs, KyKym and one that was Named CW.

They can be found by in the pictures folders of the game. The Cornellverse background is in the pictures folder (My Computer ---> Program Files ---> GDS ----> Pictures ---> Default ----> People) and should be the first image you see. The same applies for the Thunderverse red background once you have downloaded the Thunderverse.

Here are 2 different variations of a background i had made for a computer background a few years back. That i just recently converted to work along with TEW. Not sure if anyone is interested or not but just wanted to share.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/Kryptonite/miscother/blackslantsolid.jpg

and for the second variation

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/Kryptonite/miscother/blackslant.jpg

<p>I'm not sure if anyone can really answer the cutting question, that kinda depends on you. I also use gimp, and use it exclusively. I've played around with photoshop, but it was always way more than I needed. Yet, there are those on here who cut with it.</p><p> </p><p>

For my, I'm comfortable with gimp, so, that's what I use.</p>

<p>thank you for the insight guys, and i plan on checking your tutorial out now thanks Idolized, much appreciated. After watching the video i was able to do my first cut. which surprisingly didn't turn out to bad although it is not by any means perfect either. I took a picture from my database (so i cannot claim full credit) That i did not like the background of and cut it, and put it on one of my backgrounds. Here is the end result </p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/Kryptonite/sincara-1.jpg</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kryptonite" data-cite="Kryptonite" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37598" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> 3rd. For you guys who do renders do you do them with the same program? If not what other ones do you find useful?</p><p> </p><p> 4th. I one time saw a mod that had add ons for pictures, such as chairs, hats, glasses, some suits etc. I never downloaded it as well i never planned on getting so consumed by anything other then the default set of images. Anyone know off the top of thier head who made this mod, and where i can find it? And do any of you guys have any additional add ons that you would be willing to share?</p><p> </p><p> 5. Any other tips you have i would love to hear them. As well as anything i may have forgot to mention please inform me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 3rd: A lot of people used DAZ Studio, it's what I used all those years ago when I was rendering. I think a few also used Poser. I also know that once I'd rendered the image, I would then go into Paintshop Pro (Gimp could be used too - or anything like those programs) to just do some finishing touches.</p><p> </p><p> If you mean to just cut images then Gimp is free, Photoshop or Paintshop Pro (if it's still about) are probably the best 3 to use.</p><p> </p><p> 4th: I want to say ewanite made the add ons, but I'm not entirely sure I'm correct because it was a long time ago.</p><p> </p><p> 5th: Take your time is all I can give when it comes to advice. Like anything, you have to be 100% happy with it or it's not worth doing. Also, try to make it fun for yourself because they do take a very long time, People who have fun while rendering tend to get the best results.</p>

Guest Asaemon

2nd. What program do you guys find most useful for cutting. I currently have Gimp installed and am currently playing with that. I also believe i still have a copy of an old photoshop somewhere stashed away from a computer long since lost to the ages.

If your interested in cutting Idolized has made a great very useful tutorial for gimp which can be found

3rd. For you guys who do renders do you do them with the same program? If not what other ones do you find useful?

4th. I one time saw a mod that had add ons for pictures, such as chairs, hats, glasses, some suits etc. I never downloaded it as well i never planned on getting so consumed by anything other then the default set of images. Anyone know off the top of thier head who made this mod, and where i can find it? And do any of you guys have any additional add ons that you would be willing to share?

2) Besides the ones you mentioned you can always use Paint dot net, its totally free, very easy to use and it also works with some Photoshop stuff, Filter Forge....... I used Photoshop years ago, but they the last couple of years i've only used Paint dot net and i've made tons with wrestles alts, title belts and promotion graphics for WMMA/TEW.

3) For rendering you need Daz3d or Poser. When i rendered i used Poser, but you should check out Daz since its free and a lot of renderers on this board use it and can help you get started.

4) It was probably Iceicles prop pack. Check in the thread with the C-Verse alts and go back until you find the download link or just send him a PM and ask.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for your all's help. I have one question that i cant seem to find a good resolution for. When your cutting a worker who has hair. and there is a bright color showing thru the hair (yes sometimes its possible to cut out some hair but sometimes the color still insists on glowing thru). How do you go about removing the color(s) that shine thru?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kryptonite" data-cite="Kryptonite" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37598" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>thanks for your all's help. I have one question that i cant seem to find a good resolution for. When your cutting a worker who has hair. and there is a bright color showing thru the hair (yes sometimes its possible to cut out some hair but sometimes the color still insists on glowing thru). How do you go about removing the color(s) that shine thru?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can sometimes use the burn tool on the spot, but usually I just try to find a different image if it is too bad.</p>

Guest Asaemon
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kryptonite" data-cite="Kryptonite" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37598" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>thanks for your all's help. I have one question that i cant seem to find a good resolution for. When your cutting a worker who has hair. and there is a bright color showing thru the hair (yes sometimes its possible to cut out some hair but sometimes the color still insists on glowing thru). How do you go about removing the color(s) that shine thru?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cut what you can using the magic wand, then you cut the rest by hand and finally you use a tool like AA's Assistant to get the nice edges around your object. I don't know which software you did chose, but if you did go for Paint dot net, AA's Assistant is a very usable tool. But there are probably similar tools available for other software.</p>

Archived