Big Championship Wrestling: All The Hosses

I'm running this diary as a change of pace from my BHOTWG diary. The format of the diary will be the same - rather minimalist.

I started Big Championship Wrestling as a local promotion based in the southeast. We have $2500 in the bank. The product is the quick pick Sports Entertainment with the only changes being lowering every match length expectation to five minutes. I'm using The Grand Avatar as my player character.

And I'm only going to hire the biggest, cheapest wrestlers I can find.

The initial roster is:

Main Eventers:

Acheron - heel

The Snowman - heel

Big Harv - heel

Buzz Reid - face

Upper Midcarders:

Prometheus - heel

Thor the Mighty - face

Anders Thunder - face

Chopper Rourke - heel

Midcarders:

Penfold Perdition - face

Kruge the Executioner - face

Sulphur - heel

Ryan Death - heel

Lower Midcarder:

Crazy Train - face

Enhancement:

Boris Kiriyakin - face

Referee: Dwayne Hewitt

Road Agent: Darius Hughes

<p>We're hosting our first show in the Rainbow Bar & Grill, with 68 fans in live attendance.</p><p> </p><p>

1) Acheron had an interview hyping his upcoming battle with Big Harv, Buzz Reid and The Snowman. <strong>Rating: 2</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Acheron had major problems due to the language barrier. BUT HE'S BIG</p><p> </p><p>

2) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Anders Thunder defeated Sulphur and Ryan Death in 6:39 when Anders Thunder defeated Sulphur by submission with a Side Bear Hug. <strong>Rating: 5</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Sulphur was visibly tiring by the end of the match. There was a lack of flow in the match. Hewitt wasn't very good as ref. Hughes wasn't very good as the road agent.</p><p> </p><p>

3) Crazy Train cuts a backstage promo. <strong>Rating: 23</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Crazy Train struggled when going off-script</p><p> </p><p>

4) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Thor The Mighty defeated Penfold Perdition in 7:40 by pinfall with a Hammer Of Thor. <strong>Rating: 7</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Perdition was visibly tiring by the end. The bout dragged in the middle. Same notes on Hewitt and Hughes.</p><p> </p><p>

5) Big Harv had an interview hyping his upcoming battle with Acheron, The Snowman and Buzz Reid. <strong>Rating: 3</strong></p><p> </p><p>

6) Prometheus and Chopper had an interview hyping their upcoming tag match with Train and Kiriyakin. <strong>Rating: 7</strong></p><p> </p><p>

7) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Chopper Rourke and Prometheus defeated Boris Kiriyakin and Crazy Train in 7:30 when Prometheus defeated Boris Kiriyakin by pinfall with a God Chop. <strong>Rating: 4</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Boris and Prometheus were visibly tiring by the end, while Train was exhausted. There was a lack of flow to the match. Hewitt and Hughes still sucked.</p><p> </p><p>

8) Crazy Train and Boris Kiriyakin are in the locker room. They're arguing over who was to blame for their earlier loss. Neither looks happy with the situation, but they put their differences aside and leave together. <strong>Rating: 12</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Kiryakin had major problems due to the language barrier.</p><p> </p><p>

9) Buzz Reid had an interview hyping his upcoming battle with Acheron, Big Harv and The Snowman. <strong>Rating: 4</strong></p><p> </p><p>

10) The Snowman had an interview hyping his upcoming battle with Acheron, Big Harv and Buzz Reid. <strong>Rating: 0</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Language barrier issues!</p><p> </p><p>

11) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Buzz Reid defeated Big Harv, The Snowman and Acheron in 11:14 when Buzz Reid defeated The Snowman by pinfall with a Termination Slam. Buzz Reid wins the BCW Big Time Champion title. <strong>Rating: 7</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: The match fell apart after a bit, with no rhyme or reason to the moves. Same notes on Hughes and Hewitt as before.</p><p> </p><p>

12) Having picked up the victory, Buzz Reid celebrates in the ring. <strong>Rating: 2</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Overall rating: 10</strong></p><p> </p><p>

This lost us popularity in one region. HOW?!</p><p> </p><p>

I told Buzz Reid, The Snowman and Acheron that they're all awesome. And they are, obviously.</p><p> </p><p>

We ended up making $5,861 in January. We allegedly dropped in popularity, though I don't understand how that could happen.</p>

<p>February 2013 sees the debut of our special theme show, BCW Endless Nightmare. And the theme of the event?</p><p> </p><p>

The main event is an Iron Man match. This year, it's a 30 minute match between The Snowman and Buzz Reid for the BCW Big Time Championship.</p><p> </p><p>

That's beside the point. We're in front of 37 of our most loyal fans in the official home of the BCW, the Rainbow Bar & Grill.</p><p> </p><p>

1) Crazy Train is in the ring giving an interview. Ryan Death and Kruge The Executioner come out and enter the ring. After some back-and-forth insults, they attack, laying Train out two-on-one. Boris Kiriyakin comes out from the back, hits the ring, and cleans house, saving Train. <strong>Rating: 11</strong></p><p> </p><p>

2) We cut to the back for a pre-taped interview featuring Death and Kruge talking about their teaming up. <strong>Rating: 18</strong></p><p> </p><p>

3) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Ryan Death and Kruge The Executioner defeated Train & Kiriyakin in 6:38 when Kruge The Executioner defeated Crazy Train by pinfall with a Face-First Powerbomb. <strong>Rating: 6</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Boris and Train were both visibly tiring by the end of the match. Boris was also off his game tonight. There was a lack of flow to the match.</p><p> </p><p>

4) Thor The Mighty cuts a backstage promo. <strong>Rating: 25</strong></p><p> </p><p>

5) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Acheron defeated Anders Thunder in 6:01 by pinfall with an Acheron Drop. <strong>Rating: 6</strong></p><p> </p><p>

6) Buzz Reid cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with The Snowman. <strong>Rating: 19</strong></p><p> </p><p>

7) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Buzz Reid defeated The Snowman in a 30 Minute Iron Man match in 30:00 by two fall to one. Buzz Reid makes defence number 1 of his BCW Big Time Champion title. <strong>Rating: 7</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Reid was visibly tiring toward the end. The match was a complete mess, with no real sense of drama or consistency.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Overall rating: 10</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Specific feedback: we used Boris far too much on this show, and that the fans don't think BCW has enough interesting storylines going on. We do only have Buzz Reid vs The Snowman at this time... maybe we need to intensify this.</p><p> </p><p>

In the post-match show, I told Reid, Snowman and Thor that they're awesome.</p><p> </p><p>

We ended up making $7,533 in February. WE ARE WRESTLING</p>

Got any graphics you're using like logos, belts etc?

Just default stuff, and no company logo. I don't have any time or skills in that arena. Also, I think you guys are missing out: the real gem might be a guy who actually speaks English cutting a promo rated a 2.

Our next show is BCW Survival of the Fittest! We have the 47 best fans in the world live in the official home of Big Championship Wrestling, the Rainbow Bar and Grill.

1) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Acheron defeated Boris Kiriyakin in 2:57 by pinfall with an Acheron Drop. Rating: 5

Notes: these two don't click

2) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Ryan Death defeated Crazy Train in 3:36 by pinfall with a Death Bomb. Rating: 6

3) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Prometheus defeated Big Harv and Penfold Perdition in 7:46 when Prometheus defeated Penfold Perdition by pinfall with a God Chop. Rating: 6

Notes: Prometheus was visibly tiring by the end. The bout dragged in the middle.

4) Thor The Mighty cuts a backstage promo. Rating: 21

5) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Thor The Mighty defeated Sulphur in 7:24 by pinfall with a Hammer Of Thor. Rating: 7

Notes: Sulphur was exhausted by the end. The bout dragged in the middle.

6) Thor The Mighty is celebrating his victory in the ring. Acheron runs in and attacks, beating Thor down into the mat. Rating: 0

Notes: this was the start of the greatest storyline in the history of our sport

7) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, The Snowman defeated Anders Thunder in 8:16 by pinfall with a Snow Ball. Rating: 6

Notes: there seemed to be a lack of flow in this match.

8) Kruge The Executioner had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Buzz Reid. Rating: 8

9) Buzz Reid had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Kruge The Executioner. Rating: 12

10) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Buzz Reid defeated Kruge The Executioner in 12:06 by pinfall with a Termination Slam. Buzz Reid makes defence number 2 of his BCW Big Time Champion title. Rating: 8

Notes: Reid was visibly tiring by the end. There seemed to be a lack of flow in the match.

11) Snowman and Kruge attack Buzz Reid in the ring, and leave him down and out. Rating: 2

Overall rating: 10. This somehow lost us popularity in one region, again. I guess we need bigger guys!

The general feeling is still that we don't have enough interesting storylines going on. I think our fans are stupid.

I told Buzz, Thor and The Snowman that they're awesome, because they are.

Bad news, everyone: Prometheus has signed an exclusive contract with CGC. I can't blame them, because he is an amazing wrestler. He was actually perfect playing a "demon" character, with a 99 rating, and he was auto-pushed to the spot of main eventer for us. We wish him the best with his future endeavors, and hope that he can fulfill the promise that everyone in the BCW sees in him, specifically the fact that he is a super heavyweight and as such is awesome.

Bad news, everyone: Prometheus has signed an exclusive contract with CGC. I can't blame them, because he is an amazing wrestler. He was actually perfect playing a "demon" character, with a 99 rating, and he was auto-pushed to the spot of main eventer for us. We wish him the best with his future endeavors, and hope that he can fulfill the promise that everyone in the BCW sees in him, specifically the fact that he is a super heavyweight and as such is awesome.

big loss, sorry to see him go

<p>The April show is BCW's Bring the Pain.</p><p> </p><p>

Before the show, The Snowman attacked Dwayne Hewitt. I gave him a stern warning; his response was that he heard me loud and clear.</p><p> </p><p>

1) Crazy Train cuts a backstage promo. <strong>Rating: 24</strong></p><p> </p><p>

2) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Kruge The Executioner, Big Harv and Sulphur defeated Anders Thunder, Crazy Train and Penfold Perdition in 7:04 when Kruge The Executioner defeated Anders Thunder by pinfall with a Face-First Powerbomb. <strong>Rating: 6</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Train and Sulphur were visibly tiring toward the end. The bout dragged in the middle.</p><p> </p><p>

3) Big Harv, Kruge The Executioner, and Sulphur talk together about how tough they are in a scary manner. <strong>Rating: 48</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: this is a new angle I put together to allow people to show off their menacing skills.</p><p> </p><p>

4) Buzz Reid cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with The Snowman. <strong>Rating: 27</strong></p><p> </p><p>

5) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Acheron and Chopper Rourke defeated Thor The Mighty and Boris Kiriyakin in 9:54 when Acheron defeated Boris Kiriyakin by pinfall with an Acheron Drop. <strong>Rating: 9</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Boris was off his game and visibly tiring. The bout dragged in the middle.</p><p> </p><p>

6) Thor The Mighty has an interview, in which he goes off on a rant about how much he hates Acheron. <strong>Rating: 14</strong></p><p> </p><p>

7) A video plays hyping Buzz Reid vs. The Snowman. <strong>Rating: 6</strong></p><p> </p><p>

8) In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Buzz Reid defeated The Snowman in a Dog Collar match in 12:30 by pinfall with a Termination Slam. Buzz Reid makes defence number 3 of his BCW Big Time Champion title. <strong>Rating: 8</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: Reid was really off his game and visibly tiring by the end. The match fell apart after a bit.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Overall rating: 17</strong></p><p> </p><p>

BEST SHOW EVER</p><p> </p><p>

After the show, I told Buzz Reid, Thor and Acheron that they're all awesome.</p>

Love this concept, and how terrible the grades have been. :D

Just default stuff, and no company logo. I don't have any time or skills in that arena.

If it helps, I threw together a logo that you're free to use.

http://i.cubeupload.com/80e2Nl.jpg

No worries if you don't care for it. It only took about 5 minutes to make.

<p>Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! And especially thank you Iceisle for that neat logo. I'll be using that going forward.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm not going to be able to update anything until next week, but I did want to bring up a point for discussion. On the last show, I set up a new angle centering on menace that I used for Big Harv, Kruge and Sulphur. This resulted in our highest stat ever.</p><p> </p><p>

Now, menace is just about the only thing these guys do right (other than Thor and maybe Crazy Train on normal promos). This is the probably the only way the promotion and the workers can gain any kind of overness reliably right now, and the only way that we can grow so I can hire MORE HOSSES.</p><p> </p><p>

But, a big part of the charm is that we have horrid, putrid promos. I kind of love that I've got multiple segments rated as 0s.</p><p> </p><p>

So I'll put it up to a vote: should I use menace-based segments or should I not? I'll say I'll go off of the result of the voting, but if someone in the minority makes a really good argument I might be persuaded that way.</p>

<p>I feel that so long as the shows don't become hour long "I AM SCARY" fests and the menace-rated segments are kept to parts of the show that make sense/aren't spammed constantly, then there's nothing wrong with rating on menace. Imo it only becomes problematic if you're rating people on nothing BUT menace in all circumstances.</p><p> </p><p>

So yeah, my two cents.</p>

• 2 months later...

<p>Live from The Rainbow Bar and Grill, it's <strong>BCW's Do You Want to Fight the Snowman?</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Before the show, The Snowman started a fight with Ryan Death. I read him the riot act for this unacceptable behavior.</p><p> </p><p>

1. Billie Krystal comes out while Buzz Reid is in the ring, and announces that not only has she signed a new client, but she will be debuting them soon in a match against Buzz. <strong>Rating: 13</strong></p><p> </p><p>

2. In a terrible match that had some truly awful wrestling, The Snowman defeated New York Red in 2:49 by pinfall with a Snow Ball. <strong>Rating: 11</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Note: New York Red was not happy about jobbing and being dominated here. He should get bigger if he doesn't want to look like that though.</p><p> </p><p>

3. Penfold Perdition is in the ring giving an interview. Chopper Rourke and Big Harv come out and enter the ring. After some back-and-forth insults, they attack, laying Perdition out two-on-one. Buzz Reid comes out from the back, hits the ring, and cleans house, saving Perdition. <strong>Rating: 12</strong></p><p> </p><p>

4. Snowman and Buck cut a backstage promo. <strong>Rating: 13</strong></p><p> </p><p>

5. Big Harv and Chopper have an interview in which they taunt Perdition and Buzz. <strong>Rating: 9</strong></p><p> </p><p>

6. In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Acheron defeated Boris Kiriyakin in 6:03 by pinfall with an Acheron Drop. <strong>Rating: 6</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Notes: these two don't seem to click</p><p> </p><p>

7. In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Kruge The Executioner, Ryan Death and Sulphur defeated Anders Thunder, Crazy Train and Thor The Mighty in 7:47 when Sulphur defeated Anders Thunder by pinfall with a Depths Of Hell. <strong>Rating: 7</strong></p><p> </p><p>

8. Perdition and Buzz had an interview hyping their upcoming tag match with Chopper and Big Harv. <strong>Rating: 10</strong></p><p> </p><p>

9. In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Big Harv and Chopper Rourke defeated Penfold Perdition and Buzz Reid in 10:47 when Big Harv defeated Penfold Perdition by pinfall with a Choke Slam. <strong>Rating: 7</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Overall rating: 8</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Post-show speech: I told The Snowman, Big Harv and Buzz Reid that they're awesome.</p>

Archived