database editing

I'm new to the CornellVerse. I've noticed there are a number of companies in the database set to "Yet to Open." Do they open at some point in a game? If that doesn't happen automatically, and I give them an opening date in the database, will they populate on that date? Also, I understand from the Help file that companies will stay the same size throughout a game. Can that be altered in the database so that a company grows, shrinks or goes bust mid-game? Or will touching those setting mess everything up?

Also, I'm not clear on how I assign photos to those pesky faceless wrasslers in the game. I can't seem to find them in the database.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Old Fat Bald Guy" data-cite="Old Fat Bald Guy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37928" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm new to the CornellVerse. I've noticed there are a number of companies in the database set to "Yet to Open." Do they open at some point in a game? If that doesn't happen automatically, and I give them an opening date in the database, will they populate on that date?</div></blockquote> <p> </p><p> They will open semi-randomly through the game if set to Yet To Open. Giving them a specific date just guarantees that they will appear at a certain point in the timeline.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Old Fat Bald Guy" data-cite="Old Fat Bald Guy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37928" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, I understand from the Help file that companies will stay the same size throughout a game. Can that be altered in the database so that a company grows, shrinks or goes bust mid-game? Or will touching those setting mess everything up?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, it cannot be altered.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Old Fat Bald Guy" data-cite="Old Fat Bald Guy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37928" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, I'm not clear on how I assign photos to those pesky faceless wrasslers in the game. I can't seem to find them in the database.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You are likely referring to the wrestlers who get generated once the game is in progress to fill any gaps - these won't be found in the main editor as they are specific to the save game in question, you would have to edit them via the 'mini' editor in the Options section.</p>

Archived