About Safety and Selling

So I've been putting a lot of thought into Safety and Selling as of late. They're both listed as "Performance" skills and most people seem to be theorising that they have to do with getting hired. I was wondering if perhaps they did anything in a match.

Perhaps safety don't just mean how safe a worker you are, but how well you can keep yourself safe in a match. Maybe it lowers the chance of those messages about hurt backs or necks from happening. I'm actually not sure what those messages do now that I think about it.

Also would selling aid you in a match? I'm not sure.

Also I'm not completely sure about Basics. I can see that helping hit moves, especially ones set to "Regular", however I could also see it simply being something for hiring.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is all relating to Wrestling Spirit 2.

Safety and Selling are 'orphan' stats; they exist purely to allow transition between the WreSpi and TEW series when converting databases, etc. They have no impact on gameplay in WreSpi.

Basics is used extensively in matches, both as part of the 'technical' set of stats and in a lot of the countering calculations.

No, I'm not sure if there are any others at all. Those two are fairly special exceptions because they don't really make any sense in the context of 'if wrestling was real', which is of course the concept of the game. Most, if not all, of the other stats could be interpreted as being useful in a 'real' match.

I think the only other one I'd question the use of is Flashiness, although I guess that it probably has something to do with the wow factor or moves. Maybe even your push, although I would assume Spot Monkey promotions would care more about flashiness than Traditional ones.

Archived