DOTM: August 2014 Nominations

We should be up-to-date. Now to a few comments...

If this is a monthly spotlight vote, then I need what exactly you are spotlighting.

Also, I have a quick question. Can you nominate people are in the Hall of Fame as long as the other rules apply?

how do people get into the HOF?

Hall of Famers are usually voted on at the end of a calendar year and there's like a vote among the members of the community (if I remember correctly). You can absolutely vote for a HOF'er as Eisen-verse won DOTM like a bazillion times for his SWF dynasty.

angel would know better than I would, however.

Why doesn't ROTY DOTM category exist anymore??

Also what End of the year Awards do exist?

Hall of Famers are eligible for everything except the rookie diary of the month when it existed. The rookie diary did not exist at the beginning of the TEW 2013 section because everyone's diaries for the game were new. I simply haven't added it back in. I believe I asked what people thought about it awhile ago and IIRC the consensus was that it's not necessary at this given moment.

The Hall of Fame is something done every year with nominations begun in October of the current year. If you would like to have a look at the last nominations and ceremony, feel free to search with my name and threads I created since I was the creator of the threads during the last Hall of Fame ceremony. Though I don't take full credit or anything because it belongs to the winners, IMO.

As far as the End of Year awards go, they have not been done in a year or two, really. They were a lot of fun when they were around but it seems like most people don't have the time in their busy schedules to really give it a focus. I briefly asked about it if anyone was interested around the beginning of the year this year but interest did not seem high so I didn't want to take my time to work on it. Could it be done for this year? Absolutely. Though not everyone realizes how much time it does take to run even these monthly contests, not to mention ones that encompass an entire year. But, yeah, that's where we stand.

We should be up-to-date. Now to a few comments...

If this is a monthly spotlight vote, then I need what exactly you are spotlighting.

Hall of Famers are eligible for everything except the rookie diary of the month when it existed. The rookie diary did not exist at the beginning of the TEW 2013 section because everyone's diaries for the game were new. I simply haven't added it back in. I believe I asked what people thought about it awhile ago and IIRC the consensus was that it's not necessary at this given moment.

The Hall of Fame is something done every year with nominations begun in October of the current year. If you would like to have a look at the last nominations and ceremony, feel free to search with my name and threads I created since I was the creator of the threads during the last Hall of Fame ceremony. Though I don't take full credit or anything because it belongs to the winners, IMO.

As far as the End of Year awards go, they have not been done in a year or two, really. They were a lot of fun when they were around but it seems like most people don't have the time in their busy schedules to really give it a focus. I briefly asked about it if anyone was interested around the beginning of the year this year but interest did not seem high so I didn't want to take my time to work on it. Could it be done for this year? Absolutely. Though not everyone realizes how much time it does take to run even these monthly contests, not to mention ones that encompass an entire year. But, yeah, that's where we stand.

Honestly I think the end of the year awards for this would be awesome. Also if you would need help doing it, if indeed you do do it then I'd be happy to help in anyway I can.

Archived