Is it easier to make money than in previous games?

I'm doing a Road to Glory game in Australia with the July 2014 Chronicles data and my company is about to hit regional. Product is preset old school traditional. It's been slow to gain pop, but money is no probably. Currently sitting on over half a million dollars, and making a profit just on ticket sales.

So, am I going to watch that reverse when I hit regional, or is that how it is now?

I'm really not that well-versed in how the game works to be a 100% sure about this, but I think going from Small to Regional is actually BENEFICIAL to your income, because your sponsorship money increases but your production/sundries expenses don't increase as much. It's the switch from Regional to Cult that really messes you up financially if you don't have a nest egg.

BTW, you're saying money is no problem, but pop gain is very slow? You have 500K$ in the bank? Are you running only one show a month? Because running two shows per month could change things...

I'm really not that well-versed in how the game works to be a 100% sure about this, but I think going from Small to Regional is actually BENEFICIAL to your income, because your sponsorship money increases but your production/sundries expenses don't increase as much. It's the switch from Regional to Cult that really messes you up financially if you don't have a nest egg.

BTW, you're saying money is no problem, but pop gain is very slow? You have 500K$ in the bank? Are you running only one show a month? Because running two shows per month could change things...

Yes, 1 show a month until you get a TV show was how you survived in the previous games. Not really enough of a roster to do more if you use the minimum, since you're sharing workers at this level.

I could get the more expensive workers, but that's pointless since they just get exclusive contracts elsewhere.

Basically, I'm playing the way I played TEW2010 and the 0/0/0/1000 isn't nearly as hard as I remember it. I used to struggle just to get out of local without going bankrupt.

If you've got the money then you should be able to afford having more than one show a month.

I'm going to try to jump to a cult fed once I hit regional. Have been trying to trade up since I got my rep to high and the fed to small, but everyone thinks they can do a better job on their own. But if I can't, then I'll need to do more shows just to reach cult before I get too old.

Archived