(2001) The Eric Bischoff Project

http://wanderingeyes.weebly.com/uploads/1/9/7/3/19736919/7818559_orig.png

In March 2001, Vincent K. McMahon made history when he officially bought his competition WCW from AOL/Time Warner for a little 4.2 Million Dollars. This is after AOL/Time Warner had gotten much higher priced offers from many other people who wanted to take over the day to day operation of WCW.

http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/eric-1836935.png

The most notable possible buyer had to be former Executive Producer for WCW, Eric Bischoff. Bischoff had many wealthy men backing him in his quest to buy WCW, but he would get a phone call in the middle of March 2001 from one of them after a deal was all but done with Bischoff and AOL/Time Warner and the investor said “I’m out, WCW doesn’t really seem like the best…” That’s all Bischoff had to hear to know that he either had to find another financial backer or face the fact WCW would die. After searching through many investors he finally……

Gave Up!!

He knew he wouldn’t be able to buy WCW since no other investor would back him. He just sat through March, thinking “I was so close, so close.” Bischoff didn’t watch the last Nitro, nor did he see Shane McMahon on WCW TV, or watch WWF TV either. Eric was just living his life with his family, but he had that little thought in his head about having bought WCW and being the owner… Then it hit him, “I have those investors in my back pocket, I have a load of money and so do they. I can start my own company!!”

So there it is, born before your very eyes. The newest wrestling promotion in the world…

Oh wait WHATS GONNA BE THE NAME??

Well I guess that’ll up for you to decide!!

Notes:

This dynasty will not make me less active on my other NWA Big Seven Dynasty so don't get worried.

I will be taking any suggestions on a possible name for Bischoff's company so start posting suggestions.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/Johnny_Ray_Morgan/GCW_Logo_zpsb211dcb7.jpg

Roster

Main Event

Heels

Bam Bam Bigelow

Curt Hennig

Jeff Jarrett

Shane Douglas

Face

Dustin Rhodes

Ken Shamrock

Animal

Terry Funk

Upper-Midcard

Heels

Brian Lee

Ron Harris

Don Harris

Monty Brown

Vapire Warrior

Vampiro

Steve Corino

Face

Rob Van Dam

Punker C (Headbanger Mosh)

Tommy Dreamer

Midcard

Heels

Chris Candido

Juventud Guerrera

Kash (Kid Kash)

Kaz Hayashi

Van Hammer

Brian Knobbs

Jerry Sags

Face

Super Crazy

Super Calo

Bobby Fulton

Jushin Liger

Punker T (Thrasher)

Silver King

Lower Midcard

Heels

C.W. Anderson

Johnny Swinger

Tony Mamluke

Takeshi Morishima

Face

Doug Furnas

LA Parka

Tommy Rogers

Opener

Heels

Kid Romeo

Lance Hoyt

Romeo Roselli

Face

Phil Lafon

Nova

Managers

Heels

Dawn Marie (Lance Hoyt, Kid Romeo, and Kash)

Tammy (Chris Candido)

Personalities

Heels

Eric Bischoff

Face

????

Broadcasters

Mike Tenay

Dusty Rhodes

Tag Teams

Heels

Don and Ron Harris

F.B.I (Romeo Roselli and Tony Mamaluke)

Hot Studs (Kid Romeo and Kash)

Face

Furnas and Lafon

Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags)

Punker C & T (The Headbangers)

Stables

Heels

F.B.I (Johnny Swinger, Tony Mamaluke, and Romeo Roselli)

Triple Threat (Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, and Shane Douglas w/Tammy) Not Confirmed Yet

The Hot Studs (Kash, Kid Romeo, and Lance Hoyt, w/Dawn Marie)

GCW Titles

Global Heavyweight Title

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Zd6Bbv6fhcg/VB9t3_PLo1I/AAAAAAAABPc/AjqA6P__1Ec/s1600/GEN_Heavy2.jpg

Vacant

Global Tag Team Titles

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rnuwPpl5qss/VB9t8_pHLkI/AAAAAAAABPs/inU5PcpD7WQ/s1600/GEN_Tag_Team.jpg

Vacant

GCW TV Title

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9pfZHuI0CpU/VB9t7Ijsu5I/AAAAAAAABPk/8IIPCDLBFkg/s1600/Generic%2BTV01.jpg

Vacant

GCW World Trios Title

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-j9UVzKh0Ai8/VB9t14mxyFI/AAAAAAAABPU/sfHwOPAT_wg/s1600/AJPW%2BTriple%2BCrown.jpg

(Rule: Three men tag team titles, but the catch is the three men must be different weights)

Vacant

CWW - Championship World Wrestling

CWF - Championship Wrestling Federation

WCWF - World Championship Wrestling Federation

WWA - World Wrestling Alliance

USWW - United States World Wrestling

(TAIH - That's All I Have ( lol )

Wow, a lot of names

Choosing a Name

March 31st 7:46 PM

Eric Bischoff-
*I’ve been trying to think of a name for the company for so long and I just can’t. I need some help, who should I call? (he dials the phone and it rings for a while before finally he picks up.)

Jason Hervey-
Hello?

Eric Bischoff
- Hey Jason, remember how I told you I was making my own wrestling company with help from the investors who were going to help me buy WCW. Well Im trying and trying but I can’t think of a name and was wondering if you could help me out?

Jason Hervey
- Yeah Eric I’ll help you out, how hard could it be to think of a name?

Eric Bischoff-
Pretty Hard or I would’ve thought of one already.

Jason Hervey-
What about the National Wrestling Federation?

Eric Bischoff-
Two things I don’t like about that. One, I don’t want to be a Federation and two it sounds kind of like the National Wrestling Alliance. - I’m gonna shoot one by you that I just thought of, International.. Championship Wrestling.

Jason Hervey-
I don’t know, ICW sounds and looks kind of weird to me. Hmm, what’s another name?? Wow this is harder than I thought.

Eric Bischoff-
Why do you think I had to call someone?

Jason Hervey-
Yeah… What about Global Wrestling?

Eric Bischoff-
Keep that in your back pocket, I kind of like it. Let’s see if we can think of a better one though.

Jason Hervey-
More thinking? Uhh I don’t know… Global Wide Wrestling?

Eric Bischoff-
That’s one of the stupidest names I’ve heard Jason… Wait Global Wide Wrestling, Global Championship Wrestling . GCW!! It’s a perfect name. This is Great!! Now I just need to get all the licenses and technical stuff like that and Im good to go getting some talent. Thanks for your help Jason

Jason Hervey-
No Problem I guess.

*GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING IS BORN!! Thanks to Lord Jaguar for the name. Next stop the talent shop.*

Id like to thank all those who gave me name ideas, I really appreciate it.

Superstar Hunt

Sting: Im taking a break from wrestling Eric

Kevin Nash: Im not passing up the money Im making still from Time Warner

Hulk Hogan: Im healing some injuries Eric, maybe after I get back on my feet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randy Savage: I'd be ok with some part time work, depending on the cash.

Eric Bischoff: I'd give you twenty K.

Randy Savage: twenty seven?

Eric Bischoff C'mon Randy if your gonna be a part timer then twenty K is enough.

Randy Savage: Im the Macho Man, and I want 27 k

Eric Bischoff: Well then. goodbye.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Goldberg: What would I make?

Eric Bischoff: 55 K a month?

Bill Goldberg: I would just as much with Time Warner.

Eric Bischoff: 65 K a month?

Bill Goldberg: Sorry Eric maybe after my Time Warner deal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??????: Hmmm, well what would I make?

Eric Bischoff: 30 K a month

??????: It looks like you got yourself a star for GCW.

Eric Bischoff: Thank so much ???? You won't regret this, we will become number 1. WWF couldn't utilize you but I will.

Jeff Jarrett: That would great Eric I'd be happy to join.

Eric Bischoff: Great I'll send your agent the contract

Ken Shamrock: Eric I would be glad to help you go against WWF, but it all depends on the price.

Eric Bischoff: 23K?

Ken Shamrock: 29K would be fair enough

Eric Bischoff: When I said 23k I meant that's the highest I'd go.

Ken Shamrock: 25K

Eric Bischoff: If your not going to 23K we have no deal

Ken Shamrock: 9 months Ill take 23K

Curt Hennig: Eric Send me the contract. You have yourself a deal

Eric Bischoff I'll get right on it.

Jerry Lawler: I dont know I was thinking about heading back to WWF Eric.

Eric Bishcoff: They didn't see as a big asset if they would just let you quit. If WWF is where you wanna be though I wont object.

Jerry Lawler I'll get back to you

Dustin Rhodes: GCW will be my new home for the next few months.

Eric Bischoff: Just sign it right there

Animal: Eric I will help GCW be the best it can be

Eric Bischoff: Thanks, James

*Here's the roster so far*

Animal

???

Jeff Jarrett

Curt Hennig

Ken Shamrock

Dustin Rhodes

(Also I have signed other minor stars and indy stars)

TV Network

Eric Bischoff-
(So I have offers out on all the talents, sent them the contracts and such and now I gotta head to TV Network Land. So who do I call first? Well I can't call any Time Warner Station or Viacom station (WWF) but hmm, what other stations are there?)

Eric Bischoff
- Hello, is this My Network TV Station Headquarters?

My Network Rep
- There are 53 callers ahead of you, please hold.

Eric Bischoff-
ok (
:mad:
)

Eric Bischoff-
(While on hold with My Network) Hello is this, Fox Sports Network?

Fox Sport Net Rep-
Yes How can I help you?

Eric Bischoff-
Well my name is Eric Bischoff and Im opening a new wrestling company and was wondering if your station would like to be our home.

Fox Sport Net Station Rep-
I'll patch you through to the man in charge of that, Mr. Enran.

Eric Bischoff-
Thank you

My Network Rep-
There are currently 52 people ahead of you.

Mr. Enran-
Hello?

Eric Bishcoff-
Hello my name is Eric Bischoff and I am the owner of the newest wrestling promotion Global Championship Wrestling. I was wondering if your network Fox Sports would like to be the host for my companies weekly TV Shows.

Mr. Enran-
Well we'll need to see your numbers, sponsers, your talent and alot of things before we consider you. How about in two weeks we'll have a meeting about your company? Tuesday Week 3.

Eric Bischoff-
Thank You! Sounds Great!!

Mr. Enran-
Good, but you better wow me if you want your show on this network.

Eric Bischoff-
oh I will.

Mr. Enran-
Ok, well Mr. Bischoff until then I wish you a good day and Ill see you in two weeks.

Eric Bischoff-
See you in two weeks.

(
Enran Hangs Up)

My Network Rep-
You currently have 51 people ahead of you.

Eric Bischoff-
(I better get started on what Im gonna say to him (Enran).)

My Network Rep-
You Currently have 50 People ahead of you.

Eric Bischoff-
Shut Up!! (He hangs up)

TV Might Be Coming!!

Fox Sports Net Meeting

(Pre-Meeting)

Eric Bischoff-
(Reading what he will say) Gentlemen, the Wrestling Industry today has become one of if not the hottest entertainment business today, and to avoid the World Wrestling Federation from getting a monopoly I need your help. I will use your network for the launching pad of my newest Wrestling Company Global Championship Wrestling.

Secretary-
He's ready for you

Eric Bischoff-
ok

(Eric walks into the meeting with his clipboard with all of his notes on it. He then greets Mr. Enran.)

Eric Bischoff-
Hello Mr. Enran

Mr. Enran-
And hello to you Mr. Bischoff

Eric Bischoff-
Here's all the licenses and sponsorship's we've made so far as a company, but after we sign with a TV Network were looking to make more.

Mr. Enran-
Ok that's good, I'll keep these right here in my folder. Now first off I'd like to tell you that right now I've spoken with some of my people and they've advised me not to take Global Wrestling on this network, but the final decision is up to me. I'd also like to inform you that if we would so happen to sign a contract we could not put you on the Fox Sports Net, but lucky for you I am in charge of scheduling for F-X as well. But if you'd rather not go on FX then right now you can go.

Eric Bischoff-
Mr. Enran, I'm looking for some known network station and FX is a station I'd consider known so Id be happy to go on there network. So can I get started?

Mr. Enran-
Yes.

Eric Bischoff
- eh hem. Mr. Enran, the Wrestling Industry has become one of if not the hottest entertainment business today, and to avoid the World Wrestling Federation from getting a monopoly I need your help. I will use your network for the launching pad of my newest Wrestling Company Global Championship Wrestling. We have stars that have signed such as ????, Ken Shamrock, Dusty Rhodes, and more. If you give us a chance I can assure you we will get the ratings, and the money to try and compete with the WWF. It may take some time I wont lie, but we will become number one. GCW will become the number one Wrestling Company in the world and I promise that.

Mr. Enran-
Ok, ok.

Eric Bischoff-
So what do ya think.

Mr. Enran-
I like it. What would be the name of the show?

Eric Bischoff-
I got the name, it will be GCW Showdown every Thursday from 8-10.

Mr. Enran-
Woah... Slow your roll, this show isn't getting prime time until I think its ready. And also we have to talk about something else, Exclusivity. We here at News Limited don't want this show on another network, we just want it seen on FX thats it.

Eric Bischoff
- Ehh, I dont know about that.

Mr. Enran-
It's a must, also the time slot I would say would be from 6-8.

Eric Bischoff-
I guess we do have to prove we can get some good ratings before we go big time. But the exclusivity.

Mr. Enran-
Well since your a new entity your ratings may be low at first, so if we limit that you can only see the show once a week fans will tune in.

Eric Bischoff-
I guess I have no choice. Deal!!

Mr. Enran-
Great, Ill send you the paperwork. This partnership may lead to great things Eric.

Eric Bischoff-
I hope. I'll be on my way now though

Mr. Enran
- See you soon Eric.

(Eric leaves the room)

Eric Bischoff-
This project better be a success.

What's Next?!!?!?

What's Next?!!?!?

Quite like this. Post WCW diaries that I have seen tend to go a bit crazy. The people that you have given reasons as to why they are not on your roster are logical for that time. Any promotion filling the void would have met these issues in your diary. Keep it up.

Quite like this. Post WCW diaries that I have seen tend to go a bit crazy. The people that you have given reasons as to why they are not on your roster are logical for that time. Any promotion filling the void would have met these issues in your diary. Keep it up.

Yea I thought I shouldn't just take all the guys that left WCW because alot of them in real life wouldnt have gone to another company whether it be because of an injury, a contract or just taking time off.

Also, Thanks for the positive feedback, always appreciate any feedback anyone has.

Other Stuff

Eric Bischoff- (Ok so I got everything, I got the TV, licenses, Talent, and marketing. The last thing I need is Pay-Per View Provider, so I'll contact some later. *Goes on PWI to look up any news they have leaked about GCW* "Rey Misterio Jr Signs with the WWF" *Outloud* Wow. Good Move by Vince. *He scrolls down to see a title of an article that says "Former WWF Champion to be in GCW" and clicks it hoping they don't have the big name, and looks down and see's that PWI doesn't have the name they just state rumors that people suspect someone like Bret Hart or Hulk Hogan to be the signing as it's reported that the signing will be in a non-wrestling role.*

Bischoff puts his hand on his head and rubs his face thinking about how the first show will go down now. Ok so I'll start off the show welcoming the fans and announcing the great things you will see on the night blah blah blah. I'll announce the World Title Battle Royal Main Event and then some of the competitors will come out an argue and a face will get the final word. We then go to commercial and comeback to the first match and it'll be two main event talent because I want the first match to be big and represent GCW well. As the show goes on we'll get interviews from participants in the World Title Battle Royal and stuff. I'll try to work in one or two other title matches as well....

Segments subject to change...

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mackem" data-cite="Mackem" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38358" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good to see that visually. Looking forward to your shows. Roster generally looks interesting. I don't think I have read a diary with a trios title in it so that should be interesting. Good luck.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I give the credit for the title to LordJaguar as he thought of it for me.</p>

Archived