Recruiting just got easier??!?

Started a new league with the 1.04 patch, Kansas, 45 reputation (same league that hit me for 120K budget cut so somebody doesn't think I'm doing a good job). Prior to this when I played Kansas I couldn't find a 4-star recruit to come calling. First off season I have 4 4-star players with 10 interest and another 3 with 9 interest. Needless to say I recruited them heavily. Only had 8 open scholarships and I landed 4 out of the 6 4-star players I offered too. In addition I landed 8 out of 8 players that I offered too initially. I didn't lose a single player I offered a scholarhsip too. I've never had that happen before and I've played as ND. Perhaps the small class size helped. Granted my roster is rather pathetic so perhaps the 4-stars saw some playing time available but I'm wondering if anyone else noticed a change??

The reason your money was cut was that you don’t need to do as much recruiting this year if you don’t have as many scholarships as last year. I thought that Arlie said that players were going to commit earlier with 1.04 but my experience is that they wait until about week 15 and all commit at once. Previously I would lose 1 or 2 ever week starting the first week. Now I lose them all at once.

Archived