[1991] Operation World Championship Wrestling

WCW MAIN EVENT! (B-Show)

Sunday Week 3 February 1991 (Taped Friday)

Attendance: 1,500

Overall Rating: C+

TV Rating:

The announcers, Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes, welcome everyone to WCW Main Event. We are taken to the backstage area where the team of the Four Horsemen and Tully Blanchard are, once again, discussing strategy for War Games. They talk about the fact that they have to work as a team to get this victory. Blanchard says that a team needs a captain and that he will be the captain that steers the ship. Ric Flair seems to roll his eyes as we fade to the ring.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Southern Boys defeated The Royal Family in 5:52 when Tracy Smothers defeated Jack Victory by pinfall with a Doomsday Dropkick...D

From there, we move to a pre-taped interview with Missy Hyatt as she interviews Rick Rude. Rude says that the so-called Mr. USA is going to suffer just as he did on WCW Saturday Night. Rude says that he is the best looking wrestler in this promotion and that he is going to prove that by beating Tony Atlas at WrestleWar.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Bob Backlund defeated George South in 6:01 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing...C-

We move to another pre-taped interview. This interview is with Owen Hart. Hart talks about being taught the Dungeon Lock by his father. He says that he learned it in the Hart Family Dungeon and that he is going to put the hold on Larry Zbyszko at WrestleWar. He says that Zbyszko might have more actual experience but he's never been in the Dungeon. Hart says that, because he has this family legacy, he will be victorious in their match.

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Dan Spivey in 10:14 by pinfall with a Sitout Suplex Slam...C

Another pre-taped interview as we continue to hype the matches at WrestleWar. This one features Teddy Long and Doom. Long tells his team that they better not lose or else he is going to be leaving them as they leave the company for a month. But he has no doubt that his team is going to walk away with the gold AND Wahoo's headdress.

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Big Van Vader defeated Big Josh in 11:29 by pinfall with a Vader Bomb...C+

The show ends with Sting's team at War Games shown in a pre-taped interview. Sting is the obvious captain and he is hyping the team, getting them excited. Tito Santana gets in on the excitement, saying that he wants revenge on the Horsemen for attacking him last night. Sting says he will get his chance, that they will all get their chance. The show ends with Sting's team looking ready for War Games.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrestling Observer Newsletter

World Championship Wrestling

-It is time for WCW WrestleWar 1991! What a great show that we have for you this evening, specifically the return of War Games! Inside this War Games match, Tully Blanchard and the Four Horsemen will take on Sting, The Steiner Brothers, Brian Pillman and Tito Santana. Who will survive when they step into WCW's Most Dangerous match? This is submit or surrender when all ten men step inside the ring.

-Since the return of both men, Rick Rude and Tony Atlas have been at each other's throats. Rude assaulted Atlas last night on WCW Saturday Night. Atlas will definitely be looking for revenge during this match. But will he obtain that revenge or will Rude prove that he is the better man?

-Since the return of Nikita Koloff, he has gone right after Lex Luger and the WCW United States Title. Last month, Luger won by disqualification at Clash of the Champions when Nikita Koloff used the Russian Chain. This month, at WrestleWar, the chain will be legal as the two men face off in a Russian Chain match. The only way to win is to drag your opponent around the ring, touching all four corners. Which man will show the strength to drag their opponent?

-Plus Tommy Rich faces off with George South, The Renegade Warriors take on Doom, The York Foundation against The Rhodes Family and more. Make sure you buy WrestleWar 1991 live on pay-per-view!

Prediction Listing

Submissions Only Match

Larry Zbyszko vs. Owen Hart

Comments:

WCW World Tag Team Titles Match

Wahoo McDaniel's Prized Headdress On The Line

If Doom Loses, They Leave WCW For A Month

The Renegade Warriors defend vs. Doom

Comments:

The York Foundation vs. Dusty and Dustin Rhodes

Comments:

WCW United States Tag Team Titles Match

The Midnight Express defend vs. The Rock 'N' Roll Express

Comments:

George South vs. Tommy Rich

Comments:

WCW United States Title Match

Russian Chain Match

Lex Luger defends vs. Nikita Koloff

Comments:

Rick Rude vs. Tony Atlas

Comments:

War Games

The Four Horsemen and Tully Blanchard vs. Sting, The Steiner Brothers, Brian Pillman and Tito Santana

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs:

Comments On Last Show:

[leftSubmissions Only Match

Comments:Owen picks up the victory here

Comments:The Warriors send Doom on a vacation. Plus I see this as an opertunity for Simmons to come back and start his climb as a singles competeor

Comments:As much as I love The York Foundation, The Rhodes get the win

Comments: Could go either way,but the Midnights take this one

Comments:George South doing what he does best(job). I sence that something is up with Rich

Russian Chain Match

Comments: The Russian Nightmare wins the Title

Rick Rude vs. Tony Atlas

Comments: Tough one to call,but I see Atlas winning by countout. Rude can loose and still get over

War Games

The Four Horsemen and Tully Blanchard vs. Sting, The Steiner Brothers, Brian Pillman and Tito Santana

Comments:Sting and his team get the win ][/left]

Comments On Last Show: FIRST OFF, IT IS GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK...As far as the last show, as for the 3 mystery guys on motorcycles, all fingers point to the LOD. Like the pairing of Hansen with Murdoch & Slater. I still think Tommy Rich is not happy that Sting picked Santana. Maybe a heel run with Rich? Curious to see what plans you have for Orndorff.

Submissions Only Match

Comments: Larry should give Owen the rub here

Comments: Doom is too good to leave for a month -- they'll get some burn with the titles before Simmons turns and they feud.

Comments: Foundation is younger and farther up the card.

Comments: I'll go with the champs retaining

Comments: Rich is a glorified jobber at this point

Russian Chain Match

Comments: The Russians never win... usually, not even temporarily

Rick Rude vs. Tony Atlas

Comments: Tony Atlas doesn't deserve this match, he's not ravishing enough...

War Games

Comments: Horseman crush the four miscellaneous chumps

Submissions Only Match

Comments: To me, the main question here is will this feud end here or not? If yes, then I see Owen getting the win but if this will continue further then I think Zbyszko will take this one since Owen won the last encounter... I think this is going a bit longer so I have Larry getting the win this time around.

Comments: Too early for Warriors to lose the belts so enjoy your vacation Doom!

Comments: York Foundation gets a nice win here in order to boost their popularity.

Comments: Express (The Midnight ones) aren´t dropping the belts on first defense.

Comments: Rich seems to become quite an important player here and that certainly puts him above South.

Russian Chain Match

Comments: I could see this one going either way but guess I go with Luger this time.

Rick Rude vs. Tony Atlas

Comments: Another could go either way but somehow I feel that Atlas has been build-up a bit more. Perhaps it´s just because of those hype videos that he had as he and Rude actually have had similar number of angles so far (and yes, I did count).

War Games

Comments: This is a tough one. I think heels should win this since Sting is the main champ and he did beat Flair in his last title defense so Flair getting one back here sounds reasonable, but I could also see Flair and Tully ending up arguing with each other´s and costing themselves the match too... No, I go with Horsemen/Tully simple because either Flair or Tully (or both!) are likely next challenger(s) for Sting and thus should stay strong.

Submissions Only Match

Comments: Time to move on from this feud, Owen can get on the hunt for some lower level gold.

Comments: Nice vacation for Ron and Butch oncoming.

Comments: One of the rules of 90s WCW is that if Dusty is involved, he rarely (if ever) loses.

Comments: No hot-shotting titles.

Comments: Nice little enhancement match.

Russian Chain Match

Comments: No cold war to xenophobe off of means Nikita doesn't win US titles.

Rick Rude vs. Tony Atlas

Comments: I see Rude as Sting's best post-Horsemen challenger.

War Games

Comments: If Sting doesn't win, then he's not doing well as champion. That's my best logic.

Fun Fan Signs:

Simply Ravishing

Comments On Last Show: Call angel "butter" cause he's on a roll! Wouldn't be surprised at a Tommy Rich heel turn soon after that, but I really don't see him beating Sting anytime soon.

Comments On Last Show: FIRST OFF, IT IS GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK...As far as the last show, as for the 3 mystery guys on motorcycles, all fingers point to the LOD. Like the pairing of Hansen with Murdoch & Slater. I still think Tommy Rich is not happy that Sting picked Santana. Maybe a heel run with Rich? Curious to see what plans you have for Orndorff.

Thank you, horseman4lyfe. I am not completely back but I am still enjoying writing for the diary. I still have to find a new place to live by the end of February, though. So both this one and my WWE one will be slow-going. I am glad that you enjoy the pairing of Hansen, Murdoch and Slater. They are the new Hardline Collection Agency. I think I am going to enjoy using them for what they are. As far as Rich goes? I can say that he is unhappy that Sting selected Tito Santana, rather than him. But anyone would be, right?

Thank you so much for the comments, though! I really do appreciate them. It's comments like these that really keep me going.

Comments: Rich seems to become quite an important player here and that certainly puts him above South.

Thanks for the comments, Zergon. Tommy Rich has definitely become an important player here. One of the things that I set out to do with this diary is to push people as important who might not have gotten the chance in real life. Tommy Rich is one of those to me.

Comments: No hot-shotting titles.

Comments On Last Show: Call angel "butter" cause he's on a roll! Wouldn't be surprised at a Tommy Rich heel turn soon after that, but I really don't see him beating Sting anytime soon.

Hot-shotting the titles is definitely not something that I would enjoy doing. If it ever becomes necessary, it would be done more-so out of that necessity, rather than a plan. That being said, has it become a necessity right now? Make sure to tune in to WrestleWar to find out.

I am glad you think I'm on a roll, Beejus. I am enjoying the writing right now. I am glad that others are enjoying it as well.

WCW WRESTLEWAR 1991!

Sunday Week 3 February 1991

Attendance: 14,870

Overall Rating: B-

PPV Buyrate: 1.46

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Sting0.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TitoSantana91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RickSteiner91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ScottSteiner91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BrianPillman92.jpg

[The show begins outside the arena with an 'Earlier Tonight' tag on the screen. Arriving in separate vehicles are one of the teams that will be fighting in the War Games match tonight. The team of Sting, Tito Santana, The Steiner Brothers and Brian Pillman each get out of their vehicles and meet up by the guardrail where some fans are trying to get a glimpse of them. They high five some of the fans and Sting releases a howl. He looks fired up as he tells the crowd that tonight there's going to be a beating of the Four Horsemen and Tully Blanchard. A few barks can be heard in the crowd and Rick Steiner responds to them before the team turns and moves to enter the building. The fans cheer loudly in the background. They are ready for tonight! Tonight, we are going to War! WrestleWar 1991!]

Match #1

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/LarryZbyszko1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/OwenHart91.jpg

Submissions Only Match

[We move to the ring for the opening contest of WrestleWar 1991. This has been a feud that has been going on for a couple of months. Last month, Owen Hart scored a pinfall victory over Larry Zbyszko at the Clash of the Champions. This month, there are no pinfalls. It's submission only and that is what both men are coming into this ring looking to use. The first few minutes of the match show that Owen Hart can stand toe-to-toe with Larry Zbyszko as both men go back and forth in their wrestling hold for hold. Zbyszko takes the advantage by raking the eyes of Hart. He grabs Hart by the hair and swings him around, throwing him through the turnbuckle so that Hart's shoulder slams against the ring post! Zbyszko plays to a booing crowd before continuing his advantage, focusing on the right shoulder of Owen Hart. Zbyszko catches Hart with a swinging neckbreaker about five minutes into the contest. He makes a cover but there are no pinfalls in this match, Larry! Zbyszko looks to set up the LarryLand Dreamer! Zbyszko tries to lock it in but Hart fights back! Owen Hart strikes with elbow shots to the skull of Zbyszko, breaking the hold. Hart somehow manages to lift Zbyszko and bring him down with a gutwrench suplex! Both men are down on the mat, breathing heavy. A 'Hart' chant begins in the audience, trying to get Owen Hart back onto his feet. But it's Zbyszko who reaches his feet first. Zbyszko grabs the legs of Hart and stomps on -- NO! Hart grabs the foot of Zbyszko, tripping him up. From below, Owen Hart twists around, shifting both his body and Larry Zbyszko's body -- Dungeon Lock! Owen Hart has the Dungeon Lock on Zbyszko!]

[Hart leans back and Zbyszko cries out in pain!]

[Zbyszko is shaking his head!]

[He refuses to submit!]

[Zbyszko crawls toward the ropes...]

[Zbyszko reaches the ropes!]

[No one is quite sure how Larry Zbyszko managed to reach the ropes but he did. The referee calls for the break of the hold and Owen Hart just falls forward in pain. Both men are slow to get to their feet. They reach their feet and begin slugging it out in the center of the ring. Both men throw punches back and forth as the crowd gets into the back and forth between the two. Hart blocks a punch and fires another! Another! Another! Hart catches Zbyszko with a spinning wheel kick and then he heads to the top turnbuckle. Hart leaps -- Missile Dropkick -- NO! Zbyszko avoids the Missile Dropkick! Hart lands hard on his back and the back of his head. Zbyszko pulls him up and swings his shoulder into the ring post like he did earlier. Zbyszko lifts Hart -- Shoulderbreaker! Zbyszko hooks on the LarryLand Dreamer! Hart struggles in the hold. He shakes his head. He doesn't want to give up here. The veteran Zbyszko brings Hart down to the mat with the hold. He holds on tight and referee Randy Anderson calls for the bell. Owen Hart has been forced to submit!]

Winner: Larry Zbyszko (Via Submission @ 10:02)

Match Rating: C+

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/LarryZbyszko1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/OwenHart91.jpg

[A pretty good back and forth match between Larry Zbyszko and Owen Hart. The bell has sounded but Zbyszko refuses to release the LarryLand Dreamer. Referee Randy Anderson yells at Zbyszko to release the hold but he shakes his head. After about an extra two minutes of the hold, Zbyszko releases the finisher and stands to his feet. He looks down at Hart and begins stomping on his shoulder! The crowd boos as the man known as The Living Legend continues an assault on Owen Hart. Zbyszko looks around and then calls for the Piledriver! The crowd boos, wanting Owen Hart to start fighting back. Zbyszko pulls Hart to his feet and tucks him in between his legs. Zbyszko is a little slow as he is still worn out from the fight that just took place. The crowd is looking around for anyone to come out and help Hart. Then a figure explodes from the back.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/PaulOrndorff.jpg

[That figure is Paul Orndorff! We've been seeing videos for his WCW return but he is now here live! He slides into the ring and pulls Hart back down so that Zbyszko cannot finish the Piledriver! Orndorff catches a surprised Zbyszko with a clothesline! The man known as The Brandon Bull catches Zbyszko with a few more forearm shots before sending Zbyszko through the ropes to the floor. Orndorff stares down at Zbyszko from the ring and then kneels down beside Owen Hart, checking on Hart. Officials come running into the ring to check on Owen Hart. Paul Orndorff holds off Larry Zbyszko. What a return in the ring by the Brandon Bull.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/GordonSolie.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/AlexandraYork.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/MichaelWallstreet.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TerrenceTaylor.jpg

[From the ring, we move to the backstage area where Gordon Solie is standing by with the three members of The York Foundation. Solie is dressed in his usual suit, looking like he definitely fits in with The York Foundation members that he is interviewing.]

[Gordon Solie:] "Thank you, Jim Ross. I'm standing by with Alexandra York and The York Foundation. Tonight they will be facing off with the father and son duo of Dusty and Dustin Rhodes. Miss York, your comments as we draw closer to this match?"

[Alexandra York:] "My words are simple enough that even the uneducated people here in Arizona can understand them. Tonight, The York Foundation enters the ring and we will walk out of the ring with a victory in less than ten minutes. There is no way that those two fools can compete with my computer. I have the strategy for the two Computerized Men of the 1990's all done up in my special program. All they have to do is follow this strategy and a victory will be assured."

[Gordon Solie:] "We will have to wait and see about that. But right now let's head back to the ring for our next contest."

Match #2

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/MarkYoungblood.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ChrisYoungblood.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/WahooMcDanielM.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ButchReed1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RonSimmons1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TeddyLong0.jpg

[The WCW World Tag Team titles are on the line in this contest but a lot more is on the line as well. If Doom loses, they are out of WCW for a month. If The Renegade Warriors lose, Wahoo McDaniels loses his prized headdress to Teddy Long and Doom. The bell sounds and Doom goes right after The Renegade Warriors from behind as they seek out some last minute advice from Wahoo McDaniel. Butch Reed and Ron Simmons strike with forearm smashes to the back. Mark Youngblood is tossed from the ring and Doom catches Chris with a double team shoulderblock. Teddy Long gives instructions from outside the ring as Doom continue their assault on Chris Youngblood. Ron Simmons brings him down with a short-arm clothesline and a lot of punches and kicks. A scoop powerslam and a legdrop brings a two count on Chris Youngblood. A tag is made and in comes Butch Reed. Doom catches Chris Youngblood with a double elbow smash and Reed plays to a booing crowd. Around eight minutes into the bout, Reed tries to lift Chris for the double team flying shoulder tackle but Chris catches him with several tomahawk chops to break the hold! A double clothesline brings both men to the mat. Both men begin crawling toward their corners as the crowd gets solidly behind The Youngbloods. Chris tags in his brother and also in comes Ron Simmons. Mark catches Simmons with a tomahawk chop! One for Butch Reed! The match devolves down into a pier four brawl with all four men in the ring. Teddy Long tries to climb on the apron but Wahoo McDaniel yanks him down! Butch Reed is tossed out of the ring, leaving Ron Simmons in the ring with both Renegade Warriors! Double Tomahawk Chops! Mark lifts Ron Simmons up on his shoulders in a crucifix position as Chris heads to the top turnbuckle. Mark spins around a couple of times making both men dizzy in the process -- Flying Tomahawk Chop by Chris, spiking the crucifix power bomb! Mark makes the cover: One, Two, Three!]

Winners: The Renegade Warriors (Via Pinfall @ 12:13)

Match Rating: C-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/MarkYoungblood.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ChrisYoungblood.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/WahooMcDanielM.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ButchReed1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RonSimmons1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TeddyLong0.jpg

[The bell has sounded and we have a successful defense by The Renegade Warriors! This means that Doom and Teddy Long are gone for a month from World Championship Wrestling! Butch Reed and Ron Simmons are arguing in the ring. They begin pushing and shoving and Reed shoves Teddy Long to the mat! Reed turns and exits the ring, walking toward the back as Ron Simmons helps up Teddy Long. They exit the ring as Wahoo McDaniel enters with the WCW World Tag Team title belts! McDaniel hands the belts to The Renegade Warriors and they begin a Native American dance. The crowd goes wild for this victory and then the lights begin to dim around the arena. Smoke gathers along the entrance ramp and the sounds of motorcycles fill the Arizona Veterans Coliseum. The fans look up toward the top of the ramp as 'Iron Man' begins to play in the background. Three motorcycles drive down the ramp. The riders are wearing hoods to cover their faces. They stop at the bottom of the ramp and then the hoods are removed...]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/PaulEllering.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Animal.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Hawk.jpg

[it's The Road Warriors! They are led by Paul Ellering, who is holding a copy of the Wall Street Journal. Animal and Hawk enter the ring and go right after The Renegade Warriors! They receive a mixed reaction on this attack as they beat down Mark and Chris Youngblood. Animal lifts Mark over his head with a military press slam, sending Mark over the top rope to the floor below. Wahoo McDaniel steps in to try to stop the assault but Hawk catches him with a clothesline to the back of the head. Chris is sent into a corner and both of them throw punches and forearm smashes, beating him down. A double clothesline sends Wahoo back down to the mat. Paul Ellering picks up the Native American headdress that fell off the head of Wahoo McDaniel. He rips off a few feathers and does a mock Native American dance with the feathers behind his ears. The Road Warriors stand tall in their return to World Championship Wrestling! But the fans cannot be happy about how this played out.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TullyBlanchard.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RicFlair0.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ArnAnderson1.jpg

[in the backstage area, we find Tully Blanchard and Ric Flair having the same argument that they had the previous night on WCW Saturday Night. Both of them say they want to be recognized by the other as the Captain of this team tonight. Flair says that he was made Captain by Nick Bockwinkel when the War Games match was announced. Tully Blanchard counters by saying that at SuperBrawl he is going to do what Ric Flair couldn't do at the Clash: beat Sting and become the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. As the argument continues moving forward, they are interrupted by Arn Anderson. Anderson stands between the two of them and says that tonight The Enforcer is going to be the Captain. He says that he will lead this team to victory at War Games. He will be the one steering the ship. Blanchard and Flair actually seem to agree and allow Anderson to be the Captain tonight. He will be the leader of the fate of Team Horsemen. From there, we move to another backstage segment.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/DustyRhodes.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/DustinRhodes1.jpg

[We move to an urgent backstage segment that begins with a close-up of Dusty Rhodes sitting on the floor with his back against a wall. Blood is dripping from his forehead, sliding down his clothes and onto the floor. His son, Dustin Rhodes, appears on the scene, asking his father what happened. Dusty is barely responsive, even to his own son. One of the EMTs begins shining his light in Dusty's eyes. They immediately talk about taking him to the hospital for more tests. It doesn't look like Dusty's going to be wrestling tonight. Could The York Foundation win by forfeit? That doesn't seem like the Rhodes' style. Dustin seems like he is going to wrestle tonight, even if he has to face The York Foundation by himself.]

Match #3

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/MichaelWallstreet.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TerrenceTaylor.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/AlexandraYork.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/DustinRhodes1.jpg

[What was originally a tag team encounter has turned into a handicap match as The York Foundation take on Dustin Rhodes two-on-one. Rhodes goes right on against The York Foundation, blaming them for the attack on his father. They say they have nothing to do with that attack but that doesn't stop them from fighting back against the younger Rhodes. Rhodes catches Taylor with a Bionic Elbow and scores a two count. The two-on-one advantage proves fatal for Rhodes as a couple of double-teams bring him down to the mat. Wallstreet and Taylor use quick tags in and out to keep a fresh man in the ring. Wallstreet nearly scores a victory using a rope-aided abdominal stretch but the referee catches Wallstreet using the ropes and forces a break. With Taylor in the ring, he goes for a corner clothesline but Rhodes dodges and Taylor strikes chest-first. Taylor manages to tag in Wallstreet and he begins duking it out with Dustin Rhodes. Rhodes blocks a Wallstreet punch and hits a Bionic Elbow. Rhodes drops Wallstreet with a sidewalk slam and scores a two count. He sets up Wallstreet for the bulldog out of the corner but Alexandra York climbs onto the apron. York distracts Rhodes and the two argue, giving Wallstreet a moment to recover. When Rhodes turns back to him, he lifts Rhodes up -- Wall Street Crash. Wallstreet makes a cover: One, Two, Three!]

Winners: The York Foundation (Via Pinfall @ 8:22)

Match Rating: C

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TommyRich1.jpg

[Gordon Solie is, once again, shown backstage here in Arizona. This time, he is with the man who was not selected to be in the War Games match: Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich. Rich, of course, is dressed to wrestle since he will be wrestling George South later on tonight. Solie asks Rich his prediction for the War Games match tonight.]

[Tommy Rich:] "Well, Gordon, there's a lot of people who would be pretty upset about what happened and about Sting's decision. Am I disappointed? Of course I am. However, my prediction goes with the team that I wanted to join. Sting, I have your back tonight, no matter what happens. Tonight Sting's team is going to walk away with the victory and that is a Wildfire prediction. THAT'S SO RICH!"

[Rich pumps a fist and Gordon Solie lets us know that we are headed to the ring for our next match.]

Match #4

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BobbyEaton4.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/StanLane1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/JimCornette.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RickyMorton1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RobertGibson1.jpg

[Our next match is the continuation of a feud that will simply never die as The Midnight Express defend their newly won United States Tag Team titles against The Rock 'N' Roll Express. The Midnight Express jump The Rock 'N' Roll Express early in the match. They back Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson into opposite corners. They whip them across to each other and they do a doe-si-doe, sending both Midnights down with stereo dropkicks! The Rock 'N' Roll Express begin the match with the usual wear-down holds, ala armbars, armdrags, etc. The momentum turns when Ricky Morton goes for an elbow drop and Stan Lane moves out of the way. Lane tags in Eaton and Eaton goes right after Morton. At this point, Morton plays the face-in-peril role that he does so well. Eaton and Lane use quick tags in and out against Morton. They catch Morton with the double flapjack, scoring a two count. Eaton catches Morton with a diving kneedrop and then tags Lane back in. Lane catches Morton with a savate kick and then bridges Morton on the top rope. Eaton comes in and leaps, landing on Morton's back. But Morton refuses to say die in this match. He manages to avoid an Alabama Jam and make the tag to Robert Gibson. Gibson comes in, bringing both men down with flying shoulderblocks, getting the crowd into the match. Stan Lane takes a double dropkick from both members of The Rock 'N' Roll Express. But the referee steps in and is pushing Ricky Morton out to the apron. During this time, Jim Cornette hands Bobby Eaton the tennis racket. Gibson walks over and takes a hard shot from the tennis racket! The crowd boos as Eaton heads for the top rope -- Alabama Jam! Eaton makes the cover: One, Two, Three!]

Winners: The Midnight Express (Via Pinfall @ 10:51)

COMING AT SUPERBRAWL NEXT MONTH!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Sting0.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TullyBlanchard.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/MissyHyatt1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/DDP91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RickRude1.jpg

[Missy Hyatt is backstage with two of the members of the Diamond Exchange: Diamond Dallas Page and Rick Rude. Rude has on his usual black and white robe. DDP is dressed in his usual outlandish style. Missy Hyatt asks them about Rude's match tonight against Tony Atlas.]

[Diamond Dallas Page:] "Missy Hyatt? GOOD GAWD! Tonight, we're going to see the number one member of the Diamond Exchange, Ravishing Rick Rude take on the so-called Mr. USA Tony Atlas. Tony Atlas, you're in for a night that you'll never forget. It is the night that you lost to the most Ravishing wrestler in WCW. It is the night where you're going to feel a Rude Awakening courtesy of this man right here. Good luck. BANG!"

[DDP pats Rude on the shoulder. Rude raises his arms and flexes in the robe. Missy Hyatt touches his muscles but Rude steps away from her, shaking his head. DDP stands between the two as we head back to the ring.]

Match #5

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/GeorgeSouth.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TommyRich1.jpg

[This match is one that was definitely never in doubt as George South takes on Wildfire Tommy Rich. Rich shows a definite more vicious streak in this match as he does things like running South into the ring post outside the ring. Rich sends South into the guardrail and then returns the action inside the ring. He climbs to the second turnbuckle and drops a fistdrop on South for a two count. He pulls up South and hooks on a keylock. South struggles in the hold but refuses to submit. Rich releases the hold after about a minute. He looks around, getting the crowd fired up. South suffers a running elbow smash. He pulls up South and signals for the finish. The finish includes the Sitout Suplex Slam! He holds the shoulders down: One, Two, Three. Tommy Rich scores a big victory today but it's not the victory for which he was looking.]

Winner: Tommy Rich (Via Pinfall @ 7:07)

Match Rating: D+

COMING NEXT!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/LexLuger91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/NikitaKoloff.jpg

Match #6

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/LexLuger91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/NikitaKoloff.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/IvanKoloffM.jpg

Russian Chain Match

[As Nikita Koloff and Ivan Koloff come down to the ring, chants of 'USA, USA, USA' fill the arena. The crowd cheers loudly for the Total Package Lex Luger as he comes down to the ring. The chain is attached to the wrists of both men as they look across to one another. Luger and Nikita begin the match with a tug-of-war with the chain. Which man is going to be stronger than the other? Both men are pulling hard. Suddenly, Luger releases and charges forward, bringing Koloff down with a clothesline! He catches Koloff with a second clothesline! Koloff pops back up and is taken over with a scoop powerslam. Luger gets the crowd excited as Koloff rolls to the ring apron but Luger catches him with the chain. Luger keeps Koloff on the apron, kicking him through the ropes. He hooks the Russian Nightmare and brings him in with a vertical suplex! Luger is firing on all cylinders during the opening few minutes of the match. Luger tries to end things early by touching the first corner. But Koloff manages to reach his feet. He uses the chain to pull Luger in and catches him around the waist -- belly-to-belly suplex! Koloff rises to his feet and wraps the chain around his elbow -- elbow drop! Twice! Three times! The crowd begins the USA chant once again as Ivan Koloff yells at the fans in the front row. In the ring, Nikita begins touching the corners. He reaches the first one. He reaches the second one. He goes for the third but Luger struggles with him, running in and knocking Koloff into the third corner. Luger stops the momentum and both men go down with a double clothesline.]

[Around twelve minutes in, Nikita Koloff is in full control of the contest. He has wrapped his arms around the waist of Luger, holding him up in a Bear Hug. What power shown by the Russian Nightmare! The crowd uses the USA chant as Koloff is looking to wear down the Total Package with this bear hug. There's no submissions in this match. To win, you must touch all four corners. The USA chants seem to start bringing some life into Luger. Luger begins tapping the back of Koloff and the crowd claps along. Luger claps the ears of Koloff once, twice and a third one breaks the hold. Koloff charges at Luger -- Scoop Powerslam! Luger wraps the chain around his fist and mounts Koloff, throwing punches. The crowd goes absolutely wild! Luger gets up and makes the signal for the Human Torture Rack! He yanks Koloff up -- Human Torture Rack! Luger has a lot of power and it shows in this hold as he walks to a corner and touches it! He moves to the second corner and touches. As he moves to the third corner, Jim Ross points out that Nikita Koloff has touched each corner behind Luger. They reach the third and as they move toward the fourth, Koloff pulls himself down, landing in front of Luger. Luger shoves Koloff into the fourth corner and the bell sounds! Luger had no idea that Koloff was touching the corners behind him! We have a new United States Champion!]

Winner: Nikita Koloff (Via Four Corner Touching @ 17:21)

Match Rating: B-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BobBacklund2.jpg

[With our new two time WCW United States Champion celebrating inside the ring, we move to the backstage area where Gordon Solie is ready for another interview. This time he is standing backstage with Bob Backlund. Solie mentions the Backlund Wrestling Challenge and how well Backlund has been doing. He says that he has been enjoying the Challenge and wonders if Backlund has other wrestlers lined up to face him.]

[bob Backlund:] "I'm not one for talking. I let my wrestling do the talking inside the ring. However, I can tell you that there are wrestlers lining up to step into the ring in the Backlund Wrestling Challenge. The Challenge is open to anyone in World Championship Wrestling. It doesn't matter who you are. You can step in the ring in the Backlund Wrestling Challenge."

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/HarleyRace1.jpg

[Harley Race:] "Is that so?"

[Harley Race steps forward from the side and comes face-to-face with Bob Backlund.]

[Harley Race:] "If you want a real Wrestling lesson then you will step in the ring with me this Saturday night on WCW Saturday Night. I will teach you a few things inside the ring."

[bob Backlund offers a hand to Harley Race. Race takes the offered hand and the match is signed! Race and Backlund go nose-to-nose. Gordon Solie keeps things from being physical and we head to the ring for our next contest.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/DDP91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RickRude1.jpg

[The crowd boos at the entrance of Diamond Dallas Page and Rick Rude. The crowd here in Arizona really dislikes the Ravishing One and that has definitely been shown each and every week. Rude steps inside the ring and he is handed a microphone by DDP. He raises the microphone to his lips.]

[Rick Rude:] "Shut up and let me talk! What I would like to have, right now, is for all you fat, out-of-shape Arizona sweathogs to keep the noise down while I take my robe off and show you what a real man is supposed to look like. Now, hit my music!"

[Rude gives Page the microphone back and slowly removes his robes. Then he places his hands behind his head and swivels his hips to boos from most of the crowd. Some members of the crowd cheer at this but the arena is filled with mostly boos.]

Match #7

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RickRude1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/DDP91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TonyAtlas.jpg

Rick Rude vs. Tony Atlas

[Our semi main event features two wrestlers with an intense dislike of one another. Both men spend the first minute trading flexes, trying to outdo the other. When Atlas tries to show his strength by doing pushups, Rude begins stomping on him and dropping an elbow. The match itself is served up at a slower pace, not surprising considering the wrestlers involved. Rude has control for a majority of the early-going with Atlas definitely having to fight back on the defensive. Around the six minute mark, Rude locks Atlas in a Camel Clutch. Atlas is in a lot of pain as Rude uses his power to sit back in the hold. Atlas is not out of it yet, though. Instead, he shows incredible strength by pushing himself up to his feet and then dropping backward, crashing Rude to the mat. Both men lie there to catch their breath for a moment. Diamond Dallas Page shouts in some instructions to Rude from ringside. DDP has a worried look on his face as Atlas gets to his feet and clotheslines Rude to the mat. Atlas picks up Rude and headbutts him back to the mat. Atlas is getting fired up with the crowd supporting him. Atlas looks prepared to finish off the match but Diamond Dallas Page does a signal toward the back. DDP climbs up on the apron, getting the attention of a referee as a six foot seven inch man comes out from the back. The unknown man slides into the ring and catches Atlas with a low blow. He tosses a toothpick into the face of Atlas and then exits the ring. Rude looks down at Atlas and then picks him up -- Rude Awakening Neckbreaker! Rude stands over Atlas and swivels his hips as a sign goes up in the crowd: 'Simply Ravishing!' He makes the cover: One, Two, Three!]

Winner: Rick Rude (Via Pinfall @ 10:13)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RicFlair0.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ArnAnderson1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BarryWindham.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/GregValentine.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TullyBlanchard.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Sting0.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RickSteiner91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ScottSteiner91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BrianPillman92.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TitoSantana91.jpg

[As the cage is lowered and settled into place for the War Games encounter, a video begins to play highlighting all of the major players in the War Games match tonight. Team Captains were named as Arn Anderson and Sting. The coin toss was made earlier this evening. Team Anderson won the coin toss. They will get the one man advantage.]

Match #8

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RicFlair0.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ArnAnderson1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BarryWindham.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/GregValentine.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TullyBlanchard.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Sting0.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RickSteiner91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ScottSteiner91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BrianPillman92.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TitoSantana91.jpg

War Games

Ric Flair Versus Brian Pillman

It is time for the five minute opening period of War Games! Brian Pillman is definitely looking to prove that he is not a weak link in this contest. He goes right after Flair, hitting him with flying clotheslines, a flying headscissors and then he heads to the top turnbuckle, unleashing a missile dropkick on the Nature Boy! Pillman is all kinds of fired up for this contest! Pillman grabs Flair and whips him into the turnbuckle -- Flair flips up and hits the cage, dropping back down inside the ring. Pillman mocks Flair with a strut inside the ring. Pillman grabs Flair and whips him right into the cage face-first. Flair takes a couple of steps and drops face-first into the mat. Pillman is in complete control in the early-going. He grabs Flair and tosses him from one ring into the other as the buzzer sounds, allowing a member of Team Horsemen to come out.

Ric Flair and Barry Windham Versus Brian Pillman

The second member of Team Horsemen to arrive is Barry Windham! Remember, these will only be two minute periods. Windham enters the ring and Pillman comes flying off the top turnbuckle with a flying clothesline on Windham! Pillman drops down on Windham, throwing punches as he mounts on him. Ric Flair comes in from the other ring and grabs Pillman by the hair, pulling him off Windham. He tosses Pillman into the steel cage. Pillman bounces off the cage and drops to the mat. Flair checks on Windham before strutting across the ring and releasing a Whoooo! He pulls Pillman over to a corner and releases a flurry of knife-edge chops! Flair and Windham begin double-teaming Pillman in the ring. Windham catches Pillman with a snapmare and Flair drops a knee across the head. The buzzer sounds, allowing the second person on Team Sting to come out.

Ric Flair and Barry Windham Versus Brian Pillman and Scott Steiner

Scott Steiner arrives for Team Sting and to help save Brian Pillman from the double-teams. The fans are going wild for the arrival of Scott Steiner! Steiner gives both Flair and Windham Steiner-Lines! He picks up Windham and catches him with a double underhook suplex. Scott checks on Pillman briefly before picking up Windham and hitting him with the Steiner Screwdriver! Brian Pillman manages to get up and he locks a Figure 4 Leglock on Ric Flair! Scott Steiner celebrates inside the ring for a moment before tossing Windham into the second ring. So in one ring we have Pillman with a Figure 4 on Flair. In the other ring, we have Scott Steiner and Barry Windham doing battle.

Ric Flair, Barry Windham and Greg Valentine Versus Brian Pillman and Scott Steiner

The buzzer sounds, bringing out the third member of Team Anderson. Greg Valentine enters the ring and drops a knee on Brian Pillman, breaking up the Figure 4 Leglock. He helps Ric Flair to his feet and the two men double team Pillman. Flair drops a knee on Pillman and Valentine strikes with the hammer elbow. In the other ring, Scott Steiner rams Barry Windham into the steel cage! Windham falls to the mat and Scott sees what is happening in the other ring. He climbs the turnbuckle and leaps, taking down both Ric Flair and Greg Valentine with double Steiner-Lines! Scott Steiner is a one man wrecking crew in this match and it's about to get better for him as the buzzer sounds.

Ric Flair, Barry Windham and Greg Valentine Versus Brian Pillman, Scott Steiner and Rick Steiner

The Dog-Faced Gremlin Rick Steiner enters the fray! Rick begins barking, getting the crowd's attention as he brings down both Flair and Valentine with Steiner-Lines. Rick sends Flair into a corner and climbs up, raining punches down on him. Barry Windham enters that ring and strikes Rick with a low blow! Windham sends Rick into the cage shoulder-first. A lot of action is taking place inside this first ring, including Barry Windham hitting Scott Steiner with a Superplex! Ric Flair goes to the other ring to catch a breather but he is soon followed by Brian Pillman, who catches Flair with Air Pillman! The crowd goes wild as the action continues hot and heavy. Ric Flair and Brian Pillman are both bleeding at this point from making contact with the steel cage. The buzzer sounds and it's time for the man advantage for Team Horsemen.

Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Greg Valentine and Tully Blanchard Versus Brian Pillman, Scott Steiner and Rick Steiner

In from the back comes the number one contender Tully Blanchard! Blanchard and Valentine double-team Scott Steiner again and again. Flair and Pillman are exchanging blows in the other ring. We've also got Barry Windham and Rick Steiner doing battle. The action here is definitely hard to call as there is action all over both sides of the ring. Pillman catches Valentine with a plancha. Tully Blanchard moves over to a separate ring, catching a quick break. Scott Steiner moves over with him and the two exchange punches. Blanchard catches control and he catches Scott with a slingshot suplex! Rick Steiner comes over to save his brother, catching Blanchard with a Steiner-Line to the back of the head. Flair grabs Pillman and sends him into the cage again, banging his head ten times against the cage before he releases. The buzzer sounds and here comes another wrestler!

Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Greg Valentine and Tully Blanchard Versus Brian Pillman, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner and Tito Santana

That other wrestler is Tito Santana! We are up to four on four, leaving only the two team captains left to come out. The Steiner Brothers go at it in one ring with Tully Blanchard and Greg Valentine. In the other ring, we have Ric Flair and Barry Windham taking on Brian Pillman and Tito Santana. Flair and Pillman are definitely the most tired in this match as they have been competing since the beginning. Flair catches Santana with a chop block to the knee. He begins working over the knee of Santana in one ring. In the other, The Steiner Brothers set up the Steiner Bulldog on Greg Valentine and they connect! Rick runs around the ring barking, getting the crowd to join in. The buzzer sounds once again.

Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Greg Valentine, Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson Versus Brian Pillman, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner and Tito Santana

The final member of Team Horsemen arrives in the form of Team Captain Arn Anderson. Anderson and Flair double-team Tito Santana, including Anderson catching him in a Spinebuster. Anderson drops a couple of sharp knees to the shoulder of Santana. The Steiners have paired off with Greg Valentine and Tully Blanchard once again in that second ring. Almost everyone in the ring is wearing a crimson mask at this point. Only Arn Anderson isn't bleeding and that is simply because he hasn't been in the ring long enough. Barry Windham gets dumped into the second ring by Brian Pillman. Pillman grabs Flair and sends him into the cage! The crowd cheers for Pillman and then boos as he gets grabbed from behind by Arn Anderson. Anderson hooks Pillman in a hammerlock and then a body slam, forcing Pillman to land on his arm. The buzzer sounds and it's time..

Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Greg Valentine, Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson Versus Brian Pillman, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Tito Santana and Sting

It's time for THE MATCH BEYOND! Submit or Surrender only. Scott Steiner gives Tully Blanchard and Greg Valentine a Steiner-Line. Rick Steiner tries to throw Ric Flair into the steel cage but Flair blocks and sends Rick into the cage instead. Sting has hit the ring as the final member of Team Sting and he is on fire! He no-sells chops by Flair and then sends Flair into the turnbuckle -- Stinger Splash! Flair flops to his face and Sting is going for the Scorpion Deathlock! Sting gets the Scorpion locked in on Flair and it looks like Flair might be ready to give up. But Flair is saved by Tully Blanchard! Blanchard strikes Sting from behind and then sends him head-first into the steel cage. Sting ducks a clothesline from Blanchard and manages to Irish whip him into a corner -- Stinger Splash! Sting locks the Scorpion Deathlock on Tully Blanchard! But Blanchard refuses to submit. Sting avoids a clothesline by Arn Anderson but he releases the Scorpion Deathlock. The match continues with wild action, including a spot where Flair's bloody face is rubbed against the steel cage by Brian Pillman. The end of the match comes a little over the fifty minute mark when Ric Flair locks Tito Santana in a Figure 4 Leglock. Arn Anderson grabs an armbar on Santana and the other members of Team Horsemen keep the members of Team Sting at bay! They all definitely seem to be on the same page now. Santana is given no choice but to submit due to the pain.]

Winners: The Four Horsemen and Tully Blanchard (Via Submission @ 50:11)

Match Rating: B

[The crowd boos the victory by Team Horsemen! The bell sounds with the submission and Ric Flair releases the hold. Tully Blanchard goes after Sting after the sound of the bell and hits him with a slingshot suplex. The Horsemen exit the ring but stay at ringside to celebrate their victory. They are joined by Tully Blanchard down at ringside, who shakes each of their hands. Team Sting is pretty much laid out inside the ring, including the WCW World Heavyweight Champion himself. What kind of reaction is there going to be when we head to WCW Saturday Night this Saturday? What a show we have had tonight! We'll see you this Saturday night for WCW Saturday Night!]

PREDICTION CONTEST

The prediction contest will run from my first show until the end of March in the game. The prizes have yet to be determined. A single win is given each time a person scores the most predictions right in a given show. The most wins at the end of March is declared the winner.

Congratulations to Zergon for his win this card, Scoring 6/8!

1. Zergon=6 Wins

2. Beejus=4 Wins

horseman4lyfe=4 Wins

4. Ayden=2 Wins

justtxyank=2 Wins

6. Smasher1311=1 Win

packerman120=1 Win

CPBHBK=1 Win

alvarasus=1 Win

10. JShmoopy=0 Wins

jhd1=0 Wins

Midnightnick=0 Wins

Jaded=0 Wins

KnowYourEnemy=0 Wins

-Make sure you tune in for all of the fall-out from WrestleWar 1991 as WCW Saturday Night takes place in Hawaii! It should be an excellent card as we found out at WrestleWar who the next challenger for the Backlund Challenge will be. That man will be none other than the former seven time NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race! Both of these men are excellent wrestlers. Will either be able to maintain an advantage inside the ring?

-The Four Horsemen will be in the building this week after defeating Sting's team in War Games. What will the Horsemen have to say as Ric Flair got the victory with the Figure 4 Leglock on Tito Santana?

-Big Van Vader will defend the WCW World Television title against Keith Hart. Could the young second generation wrestler be the first to knock Vader off his perch?

-Plus The Road Warriors, The Renegade Warriors and Wahoo McDaniel in six man tag team action, Paul Orndorff makes his WCW Saturday Night debut and more. Make sure you tune in! BE THERE!

Prediction Listing

Dan Spivey vs. Tony Atlas

Comments:

WCW World Television Title Match

10 Minute Time Limit Match

Big Van Vader defends vs. Keith Hart

Comments:

The Road Warriors vs. The Southern Boys

Comments:

El Cubano vs. Paul Orndorff

Comments:

George South and The Royal Family vs. Wahoo McDaniel and The Renegade Warriors

Comments:

Backlund Wrestling Challenge

Harley Race vs. Bob Backlund

Comments:

Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs:

Comments On Last Show:

Comments: Atlas gets a bounce back win.

Comments: Nope, Keith isn´t the guy who gets the belt off from Vader.

Comments: Debut win.

Comments: Another debut win.

Comments: Renegade Warriors continue their winning ways.

Comments: Race is a tough opponent but I assume that Backlund takes this one and continues making these challenges for little while longer.

Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger

Comments: While Lex could use a bounce back win after dropping his belt, I doubt that he gets one here, draw or DQ win isn´t impossible but I still go with Flair getting the win thought I doubt that it would be a clean finish.

Comments: I could see Atlas being jobbed down, but I don't really feel you going that direction. Spivey is not bad, though.

Comments: A different Hart (i.e. Owen) and this would have some drama.

Comments: This sounds painful.... for Steve and Tracy.

Comments: MISTER WONDERFUL!!!!!

Comments: A nice tidy win for the tribe.

Comments: Bob squeaks this one out, likely via a flash pin or submission.

Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger

Comments: I'm calling a draw; there are just way too many combustible elements going on between the Horsemen, Tully, Sting, and Nikita for this to just be a clean match. Besides, it's a historic fact that Flair and Luger don't have clean finishes!

Fun Fan Signs:

Vader is the man!

Comments On Last Show: Great job with WrestleWar and especially with WarGames. One thing I must admit to being surprised by is "Mr. Wonderful" coming in as a face. But I think between TFC's diary and my own WCW, most people probably know that I really like Orndorff, so whatever gives him a pretty solid push is a-okay by me! Also, I almost expected a big swerve instead of the Road Warriors, but I am pleased to see them in the fray, albeit as heels. They will be the toughest test you can throw at the RenWars, but I suspect that you won't let Warriors vs Warriors be as complete a squash as it would be in real life. One would argue that the Road Warriors are way above just slumming around the Tag title scene, though. How did you luck into Hawk and Animal making the jump, anyways? Can't wait to see where you go from here!

Comments:Mr. USA bounces back with the win

Comments: Gonna take more than Keith Hart to dethrone this monster

Comments: Gonna be like King Kong & Godzila against 2 mosquitos.

Comments: Mr. Wonderful gets the debut win

Comments: The Warriors & Wahoo get the win after the beat down they got at Wrestle war by the Road Warriors

Comments: These 2 could actualy have a good wrestling match,but I am guessing with Race up in age and Backlund just starting this challenge. I don't see Backlund loosing yet. Should be a great match though.

Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger

Comments: Luger by DQ. Maybe interference by Nikita or the horsemen

Fun Fan Signs:

Comments On Last Show:A few suprises. Thought Owen would win,but even with a loss he can move on to other things (maybe establish a lightweight division??? :D) Also I am gonna guess that the Road Warriors are heels. I like Hawk & Animal, but I think they were better when they were bad a$$ heels, who whooped anyone and anybody who got in their way. I can see Ron Simmons comming back as a face maybe with Teddy Long as his manager.Like the program you have started with Orndorff and Zbyszko, these two could have some good matches.The War Games match itself AWESOME... The Horsemen winning like they only can....I am HAPPY..HAPPY..HAPPY

Some replies will definitely be coming soon on some of the comments. Thank you to everyone who has predicted and has commented so far. But I wanted to put this out there.

I wanted to open this diary up to some of the readers here with the possibility of having someone step in and run the WWF in a joint diary. If there is any interest in this, I would have you send a pm to my pm box and we can discuss the possibility. I would be glad to send the save game to anyone who might have an interest in this so that they can see what the WWF looks like at this present point in time. As jhd1 can attest, I do enjoy the writing of joint diaries. It gives even more inspiration as a collaboration.

If there is no interest, of course, the diary will be continuing as it has been. And I can also state that things will move along at a more plodding course regardless of whether someone joins in for a joint diary or not. So, please, have that in mind before you make your decision.

• 2 weeks later...

WCW SATURDAY NIGHT!

Saturday Week 4 February 1991 (Taped Thursday)

Attendance: 2,000

Overall Rating: B-

TV Rating: 1.03

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RicFlair0.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/LexLuger91.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/NickBockwinkel.jpg

[We are at the very first WCW Saturday Night following WrestleWar 1991! Jim Ross and Jerry 'The King' Lawler welcome everyone to the show taped this evening from the Lahaina Civic Center on the island of Maui in Hawaii! Lawler is wearing a Hawaiian shirt and the arena fills with a chorus of both boos and cheers as '2001: A Space Odyssey' begins to play. Out from the back comes the man who forced Tito Santana to submit last Sunday night in War Games. Out comes 'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair. As Flair struts to the ring, still videos are shown from the War Games match. Flair enters the ring and says that he heard there was a party going on tonight in Hawaii! Whoooooo! For everyone who didn't order the pay-per-view, last Sunday night, Flair explains, he forced Tito Santana to submit to the Figure 4 Leglock. Therefore, he believes that he should be receiving a title shot against the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting! He dares Sting to walk that aisle and step in the ring with the Nature Boy. Instead of getting Sting, however, The Total Package Lex Luger walks out from the back and steps inside the ring, going face-to-face with Ric Flair. Flair steps back and laughs, saying that he always knew that Luger had a million dollar body and a ten cent brain. But, Flair says, he didn't call out Lex Luger. Luger steals the microphone and tells Flair that Ric Flair could never get the job done against his friend Sting. Maybe, tonight, Ric Flair would like to step in the ring with the Total Package. Flair starts to refuse but he is interrupted by Nick Bockwinkel. The President of WCW steps at the top of the ramp and says that tonight he is booking a main event contest. It will be Ric Flair versus Lex Luger and the winner receives a WCW World title shot next week on WCW Saturday Night! Luger plays to the crowd, excited to be getting his match. Flair gives Luger a low blow and quickly exits the ring, heading toward the back, leaving Luger down and out on the mat. Is that a sign of things to come?]

COMING TONIGHT!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/HarleyRace1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BobBacklund2.jpg

Match #1

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/DanSpivey.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TonyAtlas.jpg

[Our opening contest features two very powerful men as 'Dangerous' Dan Spivey takes on 'Mr. USA' Tony Atlas. This is a definite brawl between these two men. Spivey takes an early advantage over Atlas with a sidewalk slam, scoring a two count. Spivey yells at the crowd briefly before turning his attention back to Atlas. Spivey lifts Atlas, going for a brainbuster but Atlas uses his power to bring himself back down to his feet. He reverses the brainbuster into a vertical suplex. Atlas lowers himself down on the mat, giving several headbutts to Spivey. Atlas yanks Spivey up and drops him with a press slam, showing his power. He makes a signal to the crowd and then hooks Spivey in a Full Nelson! Spivey struggles in the hold for about thirty seconds before he is forced to give up.]

Winner: Tony Atlas (Via Submission @ 5:47)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/DDP91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RickRude1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TheDiamondStudd.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TonyAtlas.jpg

[From the ring, we move to the interview area near the top of the ramp. Gordon Solie introduces Diamond Dallas Page and Rick Rude. Coming out with the three of them is this mysterious man that interfered in the Rude/Tony Atlas match at WrestleWar. Solie asks Diamond Dallas Page about this man and DDP exclaims that this man is the newest member of the Diamond Exchange. This man is The Diamond Studd. Studd turns toward Solie and removes the toothpick from between his lips, tossing it in the face of Solie! Solie looks disgusted with that. Rick Rude grabs the microphone and addresses Tony Atlas as Atlas is walking toward the back. Rude asks Atlas what it feels like to be just like all of these fans: a loser. Atlas looks up toward Rude and then rushes the three men, assaulting Rude with punches. His focus on just one man leaves him open to an assault by both DDP and The Diamond Studd. The three-on-one advantage leaves Atlas in a bad way. Rude grabs Atlas and hits the Rude Awakening neckbreaker on the ramp! The crowd boos as Rude stands up, swiveling his hips over top of Atlas. DDP laughs and The Diamond Studd adds insult to injury by giving a stomp to the head of Atlas before The Diamond Exchange walk away.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/NikitaKoloff.jpg

[From the interview set, we move to a pre-recorded interview taking place on an airplane. The camera focuses in on the new WCW United States Champion Nikita Koloff. Koloff growls out that he did exactly what he said he would do in beating Lex Luger and winning the United States title. Someone might ask him why he is not at WCW Saturday Night this evening. He explains that he is on this airplane heading to Russia to lay this title belt at the feet of the great President of Russia Boris Yeltsin. He says that he received a special invitation to come back home. He says he is a hero to the Russian people and that they are the only people that matter. Koloff says that he is the best wrestler in the world and he is proving that when he goes home. He says that he has turned the American Dream into the Russian Nightmare.]

Match #2

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Vader0.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/PaulHeyman91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/KeithHart.jpg

[speaking of nightmares. This is probably a nightmare for Keith Hart as he steps in the ring with the WCW World Television Champion Big Van Vader. In less than two minutes, Vader has absolutely decimated Hart. He has sent him back in a corner and slammed forearm shot after forearm shot to the head and body of Hart. Paul E. Dangerously smiles at ringside as he calls for Vader to finish this. Behind Dangerously, a fan raises a sign reading: 'Vader is the man!' Vader picks up Hart and pulls him in between his legs. He lifts him up high in the air -- Release Power Bomb! Hart lands hard on the mat and Vader climbs to the second turnbuckle, asking the fans 'Who's the man?!?!' Vader gives the 'V' sign and then hits the Vader Bomb on Hart! Vader places his hands flat on the chest of Hart: One, Two, Three!]

Winner: Big Van Vader (Via Pinfall @ 1:58)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/PaulEllering.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Hawk.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Animal.jpg

[using the resources of the Turner Empire, a music video begins in black and white. This video shows Paul Ellering and The Road Warriors astride motorcycles in a dark room. Ellering looks into the camera and says that last Sunday night the Road Warriors showed their true intentions when making their return here in WCW. Ellering says that the Road Warriors are here for one reason and one reason only. That reason is to reclaim the WCW World Tag Team titles. Animal gets on the microphone and says that they don't care whether the people love them or hate them. They're nothing like the average geek down the road. They are just a little bit different. Tell 'em Hawk! Wellll, we are the tag team that snacks on danger and dines on death. Hawk says that the Road Warriors are going to take the WCW World Tag Team titles and put them around their waist because that's what they do. They see something they want and they take it. It doesn't matter who likes it or likes them. When they get in the ring with the Renegade Warriors, it's gonna be Ohhhhhhh What a rush! The Road Warriors rev their engines as the video comes to an end.]

Match #3

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Hawk.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Animal.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/PaulEllering.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TracySmothers1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/SteveArmstrong1.jpg

[Our next matchup features those same Road Warriors as they step inside the ring against The Southern Boys. Paul Ellering looks supremely confident at ringside as The Road Warriors attack The Southern Boys before the match starts. This is a match that is dominated by Hawk and Animal, much to no one's surprise. Hawk catches Tracy Smothers with a hangman's neckbreaker in the ring, while Animal lifts Steve Armstrong into a military press. Hawk and Smothers become the legal men and Hawk brings Smothers down with a dropkick. He tags in his partner and Animal catches Smothers with a leaping shoulderblock. Animal throws Smothers in his own corner and Smothers tags in Steve Armstrong. Armstrong comes in with dropkicks and clotheslines but Animal doesn't sell them at all. Instead, Animal catches Armstrong and brings him down with a scoop body slam. He picks him back up and sends him to the ropes -- powerslam! Animal tags Hawk back in and then lifts Armstrong on his shoulders as Hawk heads to the top turnbuckle -- Doomsday Device! Animal knocks Smothers off the apron as Hawk covers Armstrong: One, Two, Three!]

Winners: The Road Warriors (Via Pinfall @ 5:33)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BrianPillman92.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/GregValentine.jpg

[We move to the backstage area with another one of those security camera set-ups. This one is following Brian Pillman, who looks a little worse for wear after having been in War Games this past Sunday night. Pillman pauses at a catering table and grabs a bottle of water before turning right into the face of one of the Four Horsemen: Greg Valentine. The Hammer shoves the bottle to the ground and Pillman puts his fists up. Valentine says that this catering is for winners, not for losers. And, after what happened at War Games, Brian Pillman has proven himself to be a loser. Pillman says that he wasn't the one who gave up in that match like some people expected him to be. Valentine tells Pillman that he can make him give up. The argument turns to who is the better wrestler and Valentine challenges Pillman to a match next week on WCW Saturday Night! Pillman accepts and turns to walk away but he takes a Hammer Elbow shot to the head. Valentine stands over Pillman, laughs and flashes the four fingers before we move to the ring.]

Match #4

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/FidelSierra1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/PaulOrndorff.jpg

[Our next bout features the first time that we see Paul Orndorff on WCW Saturday Night in a very long time. He faces off with the very dangerous El Cubano. The action begins inside the ring but quickly spills outside the ring where El Cubano sends Orndorff into the guardrail. Cubano plays to a booing crowd and then grabs Orndorff by the back of the head. He tries to ram Orndorff into the ring post but Orndorff blocks it and catches Cubano with an elbow shot and then rams Cubano into the ring post! Orndorff tosses Cubano in the ring and joins him inside. Orndorff climbs to the second turnbuckle and then leaps, catching Cubano with a diving knee drop off the second turnbuckle. Orndorff yanks Cubano up and grabs him in a rear waistlock -- German Suplex, no bridge, all impact! Orndorff makes the signal for the Piledriver. He grabs Cubano and tucks him in between his legs -- Spike Piledriver! Orndorff makes a cover: One, Two, Three!]

Winner: Paul Orndorff (Via Pinfall @ 6:09)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TullyBlanchard.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Sting0.jpg

[When the ring is cleared, out from the back comes the man who will be receiving the WCW World Title shot at SuperBrawl: Tully Blanchard! Boos echo throughout the audience as Blanchard enters the ring, wearing a sequined robe with his name on the back. Blanchard takes the microphone and says that less than one week ago he stepped into a war zone. He says that he stepped into a match that shortens people's careers. But he also stepped out of that match with the victor's share of the purse. He stepped out of War Games with momentum moving toward SuperBrawl and his match with the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting. Of course, everyone here believes that Sting is their hero. He's the guy with the face paint and all the little Stingers trying to be like him. But Blanchard says that he doesn't need people cheering him. He doesn't need people trying to be like him because he is one of a kind. The fans are going to find out why he truly believes he is the best in one month at SuperBrawl. Blanchard might have continued but he was interrupted by the music of Sting! Sting comes out from the back, running toward the ring. He steps inside the ring and comes face-to-face with Tully Blanchard. Sting raises a microphone up and asks Blanchard one simple question: do you really think you can beat me? He says that when you're facing Sting, you're not just facing him alone. You're facing all the little Stingers in the crowd. You're facing the entire WCW locker room that stands behind him. Blanchard warns Sting that the locker room is not out here right now. Blanchard throws a punch but Sting fires back with multiple punches! The WCW World Heavyweight Champion sends Blanchard over the top rope with a clothesline and the segment ends with a staredown.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/StanHansen91.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/DickMurdoch.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/DickSlater.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/AlexandraYork.jpg

[From the ring, we move to the security camera footage from backstage. This footage shows the newly formed stable known as The Hardline Protection Agency talking with Alexandra York. As the audio cuts in, we hear York thanking them for their services this past Sunday at WrestleWar. Stan Hansen says that they didn't do what they did wanting a thank you. He says that they did it for money and maybe a little bit of fun in beating down that big American Dream. Alexandra York pulls out a large wad of bills and hands the bills over to Dick Slater. Slater unties the wad and begins counting. Dick Murdoch shakes hands with York and says it was good doing business with her. The Hardline Protection Agency walk off as York smiles and goes the opposite way. So now we know who attacked Dusty Rhodes at WrestleWar and why they made the attack. Dusty and Dustin cannot be happy about this.]

Match #5

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/GeorgeSouth.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/JackVictory1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RipMorgan1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/WahooMcDaniel.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/MarkYoungblood.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ChrisYoungblood.jpg

[A six man tag team match is next and is most likely the worst match of the night as it is dominated by the team of Wahoo McDaniel and The Renegade Warriors. Unfortunately, it seems that many fans used this match as a time to get refreshments or take a bathroom break. George South and The Royal Family don't get in any offense during this match at all as Wahoo and the WCW World Tag Team Champions The Renegade Warriors are showcased throughout the bout. At the end of the day, Wahoo catches Rip Morgan with his Tomahawk Chop and makes the cover, scoring the pinfall for his team.]

Winners: Wahoo McDaniel and The Renegade Warriors (Via Pinfall @ 6:07)

Match Rating: D-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/AlexandraYork.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TommyRich1.jpg

[The backstage security cameras definitely seem to be following Alexandra York as she is shown backstage once again. This time she is shown approaching the man known as Wildfire Tommy Rich. Rich seems to be looking around as though he is expecting to be attacked but York tells him that it's just the two of them right now. She says that he had to have been watching the War Games match last Sunday. She says that the man who was chosen to be in the ring instead of him is the man who gave up. She says that must have hurt but she can make that better. She says that she would like to offer him the opportunity to join the York Foundation. She says that the computer has told her that she can bring him straight to the top and get him World title shots. Rich tells her that is a great offer but that he has to think about it. York hands Rich one of her business cards and says she wants an answer soon so that she can move forward with getting him everything he deserves. Rich nods and looks very thoughtful for a moment before we head back to the ring.]

Match #6

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/HarleyRace1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BobBacklund2.jpg

[Our semi main event is a contest in the Backlund Wrestling Challenge. These are two men who are very evenly matched in he technical wrestling category. Of course this match must take place entirely inside the ring due to the rules of the Backlund Wrestling Challenge. There are quite a few stalemates early on in the match as they go back and forth in the middle of the ring. Race gains an advantage when he catches Backlund with a belly-to-belly suplex, gaining a two count in the process. Race continues the advantage for several minutes, keeping Backlund down on the mat and using some moves that would definitely be frowned on in amateur wrestling. But the match remains inside the ring. Race hooks Backlund with a bridging cradle suplex, scoring a two count. Race heads to the top turnbuckle, perching atop for a moment before he leaps with the Diving Headbutt -- Backlund moves out of the way! Race crashes onto the mat. Backlund pulls himself up using the ropes and brings down Race with a double leg takedown. Backlund throws a couple of forearm smashes and catches Race with an Atomic Knee Drop, scoring a two count. Race reverses an Atomic Spinecrusher attempt, spinning around and tossing Backlund out of the ring. The referee sees this and immediately calls for the bell.]

Winner: Bob Backlund (Via Disqualification @ 14:54)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/HarleyRace1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BobBacklund2.jpg

[Harley Race argues with the official for a moment but the referee reminds him of the rules of the Backlund Wrestling Challenge. That includes the fact that the action must stay inside the ring. Race joins Bob Backlund out of the ring and rams Backlund head-first into the ring post. Boos echo from this crowd as an angry Harley Race grabs Backlund and pulls him up on the apron of the ring. Both wrestlers are on the apron and Race strikes Backlund with a couple of punches before he kicks him in the gut. Race pulls Backlund between his legs and then raises him up -- Piledriver on the ring apron! That is definitely the hardest part of the ring! Race shoves Backlund inside the ring but Backlund definitely seems to be out of it! Harley Race raises his own arms as he heads toward the back. EMTs and officials come running in the ring to check on Bob Backlund. Backlund is definitely going to need some help to the back. He could possibly have a broken neck with that Piledriver on the ring apron!]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/MichaelHayes1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/JimmyGarvin1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/TerryGordy.jpg

[As Bob Backlund is being treated, we are taken to a music video hyping the return to World Championship Wrestling of The Fabulous Freebirds! This video is much like the ones that have been airing for The Fabulous Freebirds. 'Badstreet USA' is playing in the background as highlights of the Freebirds are shown. Several DDT's are shown during this highlight video as that is the move of choice for the Fabulous Freebirds. At the end of the video, block letters let everyone know that The Fabulous Freebirds will be back in action next week right here on World Championship Wrestling Saturday Night. Welcome back to Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin and Terry Gordy!]

Match #7

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RicFlair0.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/LexLuger91.jpg

Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger

[it is main event time and what a main event we have this evening as 'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair steps in the ring with the Total Package Lex Luger! These two men come face-to-face in the center of the ring and Flair asks for a test of strength. Luger laughs and then agrees. They lock fingers on one hand but Flair kicks Luger in the gut, shoving Luger back in a corner. Flair begins lighting up the granite chest of Lex Luger with knife-edge chops. Luger no-sells them, bringing Flair down with a clothesline! He catches The Nature Boy with two more clotheslines and then lifts Flair up high in the air, dropping him with a military press slam! Luger poses to cheers from the crowd as Flair crawls back into a corner, begging off. The Total Package approaches Flair and Flair pokes the eyes of Luger, sending a blind Luger staggering around the ring. Flair quickly moves in and hits a chop block on the knee, bringing Luger down to the mat. Flair does a strut before he grabs the leg of Luger. Flair leans in and Luger rolls him into a small package: One, Two, Kickout! Flair is quick to his feet and stomps the leg of Luger immediately. Flair's focus for the next several minutes is on the knee of the Total Package, including locking Luger in a kneebar. Luger refuses to submit as the crowd tries to rally a second wind for Luger. Within the next few minutes, Luger has short bursts of momentum but they are always stopped by Flair going to the knee of Luger. Flair drags Luger to a corner and then takes the leg and wraps Luger's knee around the ring post! Flair shows some athletic ability when he wraps a Figure 4 Leglock around the ring post! The referee begins the count and Flair breaks at four, sliding back in the ring. Flair does a strut and releases a 'Whoooooo' that is echoed by some of the fans in attendance here tonight in Hawaii. Flair shows some strength of his own when he lifts Luger and drops him with a gutwrench suplex. Flair makes a cover:]

[...1...

..Kickout!]

[Luger manages to kick out of the pinfall attempt, rallying the fans behind him in that moment. Flair motions toward the back and here come The Horsemen. Arn Anderson, Barry Windham and Greg Valentine all stand at ringside as Flair lifts Luger, dropping him with a shinbreaker. Then he sets Luger in a corner and lights up his chest with knife-edge chops! Flair grabs Luger by the arm -- Irish Whip -- REVERSED! Flair runs toward the corner and flips up and over, landing on the apron. Flair runs along the apron and climbs the turnbuckles -- he gets caught by Luger! Luger body slams Flair off the turnbuckle and then grabs his knee. Luger begins to rally, hitting Flair with a running clothesline. The Horsemen, at ringside, look worried as Luger sends Flair to the ropes -- powerslam! Luger pops up and calls for the Human Torture Rack! The crowd stands on their feet as Luger pulls up Flair. He lifts him up on his shoulders for about two seconds before that knee gives out sending both Luger and Flair crashing to the mat. The referee begins a ten count on both men as they lie there. Luger seems to be the first one that is going to reach his feet. Barry Windham climbs on the apron, getting the referee's attention. As that happens, Arn Anderson swings around and uses a crowbar to strike Luger in the knee from outside the ring! Luger cries out in pain and Flair moves over, rolling Luger up. Windham drops off the apron and the referee turns around, seeing the cover: One, Two, Three!]

Winner: Ric Flair (Via Pinfall @ 20:38)

Match Rating: B

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/LexLuger91.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/RicFlair0.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/ArnAnderson1.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/BarryWindham.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/GregValentine.jpg

[Ric Flair will go on to face Sting next week right here on WCW Saturday Night for the WCW World Heavyweight title! After the bell sounds, Arn Anderson, Barry Windham and Greg Valentine join Ric Flair in the ring. Lex Luger is down and clutching at his knee. The Four Horsemen turn their attention to the downed Lex Luger, stomping on his chest and head before focusing on that knee. The Horsemen hold Luger down as Ric Flair moves to the second turnbuckle. He releases a 'Whooooo' and then leaps, landing a knee drop across the already hurting knee of Lex Luger. The Total Package twists and writhes in pain as he lies there on the mat. Well, as much as he can twist and writhe considering he's being held down by three of the Four Horsemen. Flair gets to his feet and begins to strut around the ring to more and more boos from this capacity crowd here in Hawaii. The audience definitely doesn't like the Four Horsemen but they do like the man running toward the ring.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW_91/Sting0.jpg

[That man is the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting! Sting slides in the ring and begins throwing punches to everything that moves. The Four Horsemen release Lex Luger and go right after Sting. Sting starts out strong against all four men of the Horsemen until they come at him from different sides. One man can definitely not fight off all four of the Horsemen. Lex Luger rolls out of the ring, falling to the blue mats below. Inside the ring, Barry Windham locks a Clawhold on Sting, holding him down to the mat. This was the move used by Windham's father Blackjack Mulligan! Flair motions to Windham to release the hold and then he bounces off the ropes -- Diving Knee Drop on Sting! Flair picks up the WCW World Heavyweight title belt and raises it high as the other Horsemen gather around and hold up four fingers. This night ends with the Horsemen standing tall. If this happens again next week, we could see a brand new WCW World Heavyweight Champion! We'll see you tomorrow for the Main Event!]

PREDICTION CONTEST

The prediction contest will run from my first show until the end of March in the game. The prizes have yet to be determined. A single win is given each time a person scores the most predictions right in a given show. The most wins at the end of March is declared the winner.

Congratulations to Zergon and Beejus for their win this card, Scoring 7/7!

1. Zergon=7 Wins

2. Beejus=5 Wins

3. horseman4lyfe=4 Wins

4. Ayden=2 Wins

justtxyank=2 Wins

6. Smasher1311=1 Win

packerman120=1 Win

CPBHBK=1 Win

alvarasus=1 Win

10. JShmoopy=0 Wins

jhd1=0 Wins

Midnightnick=0 Wins

Jaded=0 Wins

KnowYourEnemy=0 Wins

===

Comments On Last Show: Great job with WrestleWar and especially with WarGames. One thing I must admit to being surprised by is "Mr. Wonderful" coming in as a face. But I think between TFC's diary and my own WCW, most people probably know that I really like Orndorff, so whatever gives him a pretty solid push is a-okay by me! Also, I almost expected a big swerve instead of the Road Warriors, but I am pleased to see them in the fray, albeit as heels. They will be the toughest test you can throw at the RenWars, but I suspect that you won't let Warriors vs Warriors be as complete a squash as it would be in real life. One would argue that the Road Warriors are way above just slumming around the Tag title scene, though. How did you luck into Hawk and Animal making the jump, anyways? Can't wait to see where you go from here!

I am glad that you enjoyed WrestleWar and especially the War Games event. War Games is one of my favorite matches to watch so I am hoping that I did it justice in the way that I wrote it up. I am sure that Orndorff coming in as a face was a big surprise but I keep thinking about his stint in the UWF and very briefly in WCW toward the end of his run. I think he can definitely make a solid face as someone who can keep people honest.

I do understand that I let the cat out of the bag when it came to The Road Warriors making their return. But they are The Road Warriors, one of the best tags teams ever. I had to give up quite a bit to get them to come to WCW but I figured that with Ted Turner's money that it would be plausible. They will definitely make the toughest test for The Renegade Warriors. But I am very glad that you have enjoyed this so far, my friend. I hope that I can keep you interested.

Comments On Last Show:A few suprises. Thought Owen would win,but even with a loss he can move on to other things (maybe establish a lightweight division??? :D) Also I am gonna guess that the Road Warriors are heels. I like Hawk & Animal, but I think they were better when they were bad a$$ heels, who whooped anyone and anybody who got in their way. I can see Ron Simmons comming back as a face maybe with Teddy Long as his manager.Like the program you have started with Orndorff and Zbyszko, these two could have some good matches.The War Games match itself AWESOME... The Horsemen winning like they only can....I am HAPPY..HAPPY..HAPPY

Owen Hart is definitely a slow build for me right now. I want to bring him up slowly as he is definitely the future for my WCW. He is also my favorite of the Hart Family. The Road Warriors are most definitely heels. I agree that they do so much better as heels who just don't care about anything.

I have given Ron Simmons, Butch Reed and Teddy Long each vacations to make sure that I cannot bring them back early. As far as what will happen when they come back? Well, you'll just have to tune in and see, right? :)

I am very happy to read your assessment of the War Games match itself. In particular, I am glad to see that you enjoyed the writing of it. I am my own worst critic most of the time.

Thank you to everyone who is reading and predicting at the moment. There is still a lot to come when it comes to this diary. But, of course, it will be moving at a slow pace at the moment. All I can ask is that you hang in there with me.

WCW MAIN EVENT! (B-Show)

Sunday Week 4 February 1991 (Taped Friday)

Attendance: 1,272

Overall Rating: C

TV Rating: .08

The announcers, Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes, welcome everyone to WCW Main Event. They hype what will be our main event of the evening as we will see Big Van Vader defend the WCW World Television title against Junkyard Dog. JYD has vowed that he can be the man to stop Vader in his tracks. Can the veteran do just that?

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Can-Am Express defeated The Next Generation in 6:09 when Dan Kroffat defeated Art Barr by pinfall with a Tiger Driver...C-

We are taken to a pre-recorded interview backstage that features Diamond Dallas Page and The Diamond Studd. DDP says that Tony Atlas made a big mistake in messing with The Diamond Exchange. The Diamond Studd challenges Tony Atlas to a match at SuperBrawl. He says that at SuperBrawl he is going to carve him up.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, The Diamond Studd defeated Keith Hart in 6:17 by pinfall with a Diamond Death Drop...C-

Another pre-recorded interview is shown. This one is with The Natural Dustin Rhodes. Rhodes says that now he knows exactly who has attacked his father and he wants to get revenge. He says that he can tell that Stan Hansen is the head of the snake and he wants to cut off the head quickly. So he challenges Stan Hansen to a match this coming Saturday night if Hansen is willing to step inside the ring with him alone.

In an extremely short match, Z-Man defeated The Minotaur in 3:14 by pinfall with a Flying Crossbody...D

Another pre-recorded interview features The Rock 'N' Roll Express. Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson say that this feud between them and The Midnight Express is something that will never die. They talk about wanting another shot at the Midnights and especially at the United States Tag Team titles. So the challenge is issued for SuperBrawl.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Rock 'n' Roll Express defeated The State Patrol in 6:17 when Robert Gibson defeated Lt. James Earl Wright by pinfall with a Double dropkick...D+

The final pre-recorded interview features The Living Legend Larry Zbyszko. Zbyszko says that just when he thought he was finished with people who are below him, Paul Orndorff has to stick his nose where it doesn't belong. Zbyszko says that if Orndorff is not careful, he will have that nose surgically removed by the Living Legend. But he says that he will give Orndorff a chance to apologize on WCW Saturday Night this week.

Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes put over the fact that we will be seeing a WCW World Heavyweight title defense this Saturday Night as Sting defends against Ric Flair! Which man will head into SuperBrawl as the World Heavyweight Champion?

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Big Van Vader defeated Junkyard Dog in 9:58 by pinfall with a Vader Bomb...C-

Following the victory, Big Van Vader attacks Junkyard Dog. At the behest of Paul E. Dangerously, Vader catches JYD with a Release Power Bomb inside the ring. Then Vader stands over, making the 'V' motion as the show comes to a close.

-WCW Saturday Night is going to be hot this week as we are going to have a WCW World Heavyweight title defense. Ric Flair scored the victory for his team in the War Games match. Therefore, WCW President Nick Bockwinkel has decided that Ric Flair has earned one more title match against Sting. This will occur on WCW Saturday Night this week. We have heard rumors that Tully Blanchard is not necessarily happy about this as he has a match set up with Sting for WCW SuperBrawl for the same WCW World Heavyweight title. Will there be some tension between these two friends?

-'The Total Package' Lex Luger has let us know that he has a major announcement to make on WCW Saturday Night. What could this announcement be? The only way to find out is to either be there or to watch from your home. Either way, make sure you are tuned in to WCW Saturday Night!

-What tag team action we will have this week as The Russians step into the ring to take on the former WCW United States Tag Team Champions The Steiner Brothers. This will be Nikita's return from going to Russia last week. How will the crowd react to the Russian Nightmare? Will one of the Steiner Brothers be able to pin the WCW United States Champion?

-Last week on WCW Main Event, Dustin Rhodes called out Stan Hansen of the Hardline Protection Agency. Of course, the Hardliners took out Dustin's father Dusty Rhodes at WrestleWar. So Dustin is definitely looking for revenge. But has he bit off more than he could chew with the master of the Lariat?

-Plus The Road Warriors, The Renegade Warriors and Wahoo McDaniel, Paul Orndorff, The Four Horsemen and more. Make sure you tune in! BE THERE!

Prediction Listing

Tully Blanchard vs. Robert Gibson

Comments:

The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin and Terry Gordy) vs. The Southern Boys (Tracy Smothers and Steve Armstrong) and The Italian Stallion

Comments:

Greg Valentine vs. Brian Pillman

Comments:

Stan Hansen vs. Dustin Rhodes

Comments:

The Russians (Ivan and Nikita Koloff) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott Steiner)

Comments:

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match

Sting defends vs. Ric Flair

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs:

Comments On Last Show:

Comments: Tully stays strong.

The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin and Terry Gordy) vs. The Southern Boys (Tracy Smothers and Steve Armstrong) and The Italian Stallion

Comments: Freebirds get the win here to establish them as a threat.

Comments: Not sure about this one but I think this might be longer feud and I see little reason for Valentine to go after Pillman if he wins this one so I figure Pillman winning here could move this potential feud forward better.

Comments: Could go either way, but it looks like Hansen is getting a bit better push now (or at least isn´t completely jobbet out) so I think he takes this round via cheating.

The Russians (Ivan and Nikita Koloff) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott Steiner)

Comments: Yet another tough one... I could see Nikita getting the win in order to stay strong but I could also see Steiners picking a win and challenge Midnight Express for a rematch on the belts.... I go with Steiners but it´s a close call to me.

Comments: The build-up for Sting vs. Tully makes it quite unlikely so see any title chance here.

Comments:can't see Tully loosing this one going into Superbrawl

Comments: Badstreet USA is back.. The Birds got this one

Comments: Ditto what Zergon said

Comments: Hansen seems stronger going into this,but I can see Dustin getting the win,either way I see Dusting getting a beatdown,by Hansen,Slater and Murdoch

Comments: Steiners get the win. Uncle Ivan takes the loss,therfore Nikita still looks like STRONG MONSTER HEEL

Comments: Sting picks up the win, much more of a story with Sting vs Tully at Superbrawl.

comments on last show: Glad to see Scott Hall as the diamond studd. Nice to see the Freebirds back also. Overall good show can't wait for Superbrawl

Comments: Tully looking strong.

Comments: Should make a nice return win for the 'birds.

Comments: I figure "The Hammer" picks this one up by nefarious means, leading to a PPV rematch down the line.

Comments: Same as above.

Comments: With Nikita having the US title now, I can't see the Koloffs as a major tag team titles threat like what the Steiners are.

Comments: While Flair winning would throw a major caveat into the SuperBrawl match, I can't see this one becoming a huge swerve like that. Sting retains.

Fun Fan Signs:

Sting is ON FIRE!!

Comments On Last Show: Hall and Rude could be a pretty solid tag team, if you decide to go that route. It almost feels like the heat of the Sting/Horsemen feud is being transferred to guys like Lex and Pillman, and that's not a bad idea; focusing Sting elsewhere in a short while should be good for his title run, so that (as good as it is) we don't just forever have Sting vs Horsemen as our main feud.

First of all, I'd like to welcome KnowYourEnemy into this universe as the World Wrestling Federation. You can find his diary located here: Operation: World Wrestling Federation. With that being said, on to a few comments...

comments on last show: Glad to see Scott Hall as the diamond studd. Nice to see the Freebirds back also. Overall good show can't wait for Superbrawl

I definitely wanted to bring in Hall as The Diamond Studd. To me that was definitely the WCW version of Razor Ramon, complete with the toothpick. I am glad that you enjoyed the show and that the build for SuperBrawl is looking good so far. There will be a lot more of that build in this next show.

Comments On Last Show: Hall and Rude could be a pretty solid tag team, if you decide to go that route. It almost feels like the heat of the Sting/Horsemen feud is being transferred to guys like Lex and Pillman, and that's not a bad idea; focusing Sting elsewhere in a short while should be good for his title run, so that (as good as it is) we don't just forever have Sting vs Horsemen as our main feud.

Studd and Rude could definitely make a great tag team here in World Championship Wrestling. A new version of the Awesome Twosome, perhaps?

And, yeah, the heat of the Sting/Horsemen feud is being built with others because, as I agree with you, I don't simply want to have Sting/Horsemen as the main feud over and over again. Sting can definitely have some great feuds with other wrestlers on the roster, including his scheduled opponent at SuperBrawl: Tully Blanchard. And, of course, the Horsemen can have great feuds with other wrestlers than just Sting. I think this is a pretty decent Horsemen lineup right now with Greg Valentine being a slight outlier that I'm not sure how other people perceive him as a Horseman at this point now. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you to everyone who has provided predictions so far.

Well, Greg definitely seems like the odd man out. He has a ton of experience and is a great second generation wrestler, which is great on his resume; but his status as a journeyman who's been around the block more times than a person can count is a bit of a mark against him. That's not to say that the Horsemen MUST feature someone new, but he almost comes off as only being there because he came from the WWF. However, he's definitely better than Roma or Mongo, so that's a big plus.

I kinda liken him to how Ritchardo and now Anderz are doing Bob Orton in the TGA JCP game; he's definitely is in the group, but he's almost a loner, like an outsider to the core group, able to have feuds outside the group while still having a say about the major storyline that is going on.

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs:

Comments On Last Show:

Studd and Rude could definitely make a great tag team here in World Championship Wrestling. A new version of the Awesome Twosome, perhaps?

I agree I think Scott Hall (Diamond Studd) would fit the new version of the Awesome Twosome, if you were to go with it. Hall has more charisma than Manny Fernandez did.Manny was a good worker,but Hall is just the better over all talent (when he wasn't falling off the wagon and battling his own demons IRL)

Archived