[1991] Operation World Championship Wrestling

WCW United States Title Match

Nikita Koloff defends vs. Scott Steiner

Comments: Koloff won´t drop the belt yet.

The Hardline Protection Agency vs. Dustin Rhodes and ???

Comments: Interesting to see who the mystery guy is but I think he´s going to help Dustin to get a win here.

Barry Windham vs. Lex Luger

Comments: I´m hoping that Windham will win but I think Luger is the more logical pick so I go with him.

WCW World Tag Team Titles Match

The Renegade Warriors defend vs. The Road Warriors

Comments: Renegade Warriors are getting a heavy push and while win over Doom was good for them, win over great tag team like Road Warriors would really establish them as one of your top teams in my eyes.

Larry Zbyszko vs. Paul Orndorff

Comments: Could go either way but I go with Zbyszko getting a win via cheating/interference in order to continue this feud forward.

Harley Race vs. Bob Backlund

Comments: Bob likely has little more left to give.

WCW United States Tag Team Titles Match

The Midnight Express defend vs. The Rock 'N' Roll Express

Comments: I think it´s bit early for title chance so Modnight Express retains.

Horsemen Challenge Match

Ric Flair vs. Brian Pillman

Comments: Pillman already got huge wins over rest of the Hormemen, he might get one over Flair eventually too but I dout it happens here.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match

Special Referee: Nick Bockwinkel

Sting defends vs. Tully Blanchard

Comments: You know, I actually bite here and say that Bockwinkel´s presence is enough to turn this one against Sting. Yes, Sting winning is still more likely but the question I have is who would challenge Sting if Tully fails? On the other hand, Sting chasing the belt with Bockwinkel doing his best to keep Sting away would be interesting storyline to follow while someone like Luger, Pillman or Dusty could keep Tully busy while Sting clashes with Bockwinkel.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WCW World Tag Team Titles Match

The Renegade Warriors defend vs. The Road Warriors

Comments: This one seems like such a no-brainer, but I just don't see you using the RenWars as just transitional champs. I know how you always like your pet projects :p

Comments On Last Show: Don't feel a whole lot to say about the last show (well, that it was good, as always) but I will definitely say that I'm pumped for SuperBrawl!

Thank you for the comments, Beejus. I picked out a couple here to respond to. I definitely can agree that I enjoy having certain pet projects that seem to come out of nowhere. Before I started this diary, I was discussing it with my roommate and I said I wanted to push some wrestlers that never got a major push in real life. I have a few pet favorites that will definitely be coming around. I am glad you enjoyed the last show and that you're pumped for SuperBrawl. I am hoping that this will be an excellent show to help move my storylines forward. The biggest thing I remember about the SuperBrawl in real life is the Nikita Koloff hit on Sting during the Sting and Luger versus The Steiner Brothers and the subsequent brawl afterward backstage. I hope I give some moments here that people will remember.

Harley Race vs. Bob Backlund

Comments: If this match was back in 81 would be an excellent match,I probably am wrong but I am pulling for Race

Comments On Last Show: as always a great show....glad to see Sid comming back.. I could see Yokozuna fitting in wcw around this time as well

Hey Horseman4lyfe. I do have to say that I am also a Horsemen fan for life. I always have been and always will be. I hope that I do the Race/Backlund match justice. Both sides have such excellent technical skills. I only hope that my writeup can do these justice. I am glad you appreciate the return of Sid Vicious and the debut of Yokozuna. Two very large men who will be beginning on The Main Event right now. Thank you so much for your comments.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match

Special Referee: Nick Bockwinkel

Sting defends vs. Tully Blanchard

Comments: You know, I actually bite here and say that Bockwinkel´s presence is enough to turn this one against Sting. Yes, Sting winning is still more likely but the question I have is who would challenge Sting if Tully fails? On the other hand, Sting chasing the belt with Bockwinkel doing his best to keep Sting away would be interesting storyline to follow while someone like Luger, Pillman or Dusty could keep Tully busy while Sting clashes with Bockwinkel.

Hey Zergon. Thanks for your comments and your predictions. I do enjoy your comments on this main event title match. Will Tully be able to pick up the victory and get the World title he never got in real life? Will Bockwinkel's presence be enough to turn this one against Sting? The only way to find out is to tune in and be there.

Love your work and I envy your ability to do match write ups. Trying to get to that level but I know I'm not there yet myself.

I really do appreciate the compliment. I can say that it can definitely take time to decide on what kind of style you enjoy writing. I have been doing this on the GDS boards for nine years. I was around before that as well and I, also, wrote for a real world e-wrestling league called IWL for awhile. So I definitely have a lot of experience when it comes to writing the matches and the angles themselves. What I can recommend is that you take a look at some of the top people here and use their styles to better yourself. That is what I have done. I take the best parts of myself and others to make the writing in both matches and angles. I look at those who have a following and try to figure out what makes their diaries tick and what I can use to make my own diary better. There are definite diary homages to people like Eisen-verse, the ismailite(a very underrated and perhaps almost forgotten writer), Beejus, jhd1 and more in my writing. I also have a tendency to say that if it doesn't make at least four lines on my computer then I need to continue to write that angle/match. That is the bare minimum for me and a standard I hold myself accountable for. Again, though, thank you for your kind words. They are very much appreciated.

Archived