Questions about game

I stumbled on these games almost by accident and they all appear to be good from the demos. I do have a couple of questions. 1. Is this game difficult to play? Not in terms of ease of menus and what not but will you have a difficult time building/maintaining a program or is it just a matter of time before you become a top 10 team ever year no matter where you are. 2. Does the game ever seem to be too much? There really is a ton of stuff from the demo and at times, it almost seemed like it was so much it could possibly get boring. Has anyone found that to be the case? 3. The game looks like a very souped up version of Solecismic's old College Years game. Is this an accurate assessment? Where does this game excel compared to that for those that have played? I know these questions might seem to be a bit against the product but understand they're not. Really trying to get a handle on things compared to games I've played and how involved this game truly is.

I'll give it a shot. 1) there are very few on here who are having year in and year out success. It's possible but it definitely takes a while to build a program. I struggle with Louisville despite the fact that I bumped their prestige up to 63. I use the playoff system and even in 10 years with ND I made the playoffs in 7, I never made it to the championship game. Now that said if you turn off academics, turn down the injuries, and re-sim the week after losses like some on this board do then yeah it can be easy. 2. There is as much involvement as you want. I've gone through seasons doing everything, and I've gone through seasons just managing the roster. Once you get a system down (esp in recruiting) it becomes easy to move your way around. 3. This game compared to TCY. This game is more like football and less like accounting. Plus the designer is open to suggestions. Plus you can call plays (should have started with that) IMO this game makes TCY look like it's 5 years old ... oh wait ...

I think we all will agree with mh2365 comments. 1) It's not that easy to become a powerhouse, in fact i think it's pretty hard with a low prestige program in a hard conference. Maybe a bit easier with a mid prestige program in a low prestige conference that you can dominate. But the challenge is really high (as probably all us want it). 2) As mh said, the amount of involvement depends on you, you can delegate any task to your staff. 3) TCY is a good game too, but only had more options regarding to micromanaging the players time, like the study time or the time they expend with their girlfriend (that was great for some players and boring for others). For the rest, BBCF is more updated as it's a recent game while TCY is like 4 years old.

1. Not easy as far as I can tell. I'm playing SMU and after my second season I reached and won a Bowl game (ok, it was the New Orleans Bowl, but still). I thought my fortunes would change significantly for the better but I remained a 30 prestige school and the Baylors and TCU's of the world ate my lunch for 3* players in the following recruiting season. 2. Fortunately you can spend as much time on something as you want or as little as you want because most things are automated (suggestions). Recruiting is probably the most time extensive item in the game, but I think that aspect is what draws many to a college football sim. 3. I grew quickly tired of the College Years because it was as if I took a data entry job during my off-time. This game isn't like that at all. Although it can be if that is your desire.

Archived