End Of Year Awards Discussion Thread

Good morning/afternoon/prevening/evening/night,

A little while back there was a lot of interest in creating an end of year awards ceremony for TEW 2013. I have decided to take the bull by the horns in this endeavor and get the ball rolling. What I would like to do is to create a committee that can speak via e-mail or pm or some type of communication so that we can really get things started on this. I would like to keep the committee small because of the whole 'too many cooks spoils the broth' mentality. That being said, there will, of course, be a community voice in this as well. But the final decisions will be made by the committee as a whole with all ties broken by my vote simply because I am at the head chair of the committee. I have already spoken with one person about this and he will definitely be in the committee due to his expressed interest in this project. I believe that five people working this committee, myself included will bring this to a good life. I would like, at least, one other Hall of Famer on the committee. If you choose to be on the committee, there will be some writing that needs to be done. Each committee member will, at the very least, be writing up one of the awards being given out for the final show. If you wish to be on the committee, please send a pm to both myself and packerman120 telling us why you wish to contribute to this effort. We will choose who we believe are the best candidates for the job. Normally, I would simply do first come, first served but that would not be fair to the people who are not logged on to the board at this time. Here is how the committee breaks down as of now.

Head Chair: angeldelayette

Committee Member: packerman120

Committee Member: jhd1

Committee Member: Phantom Stranger

Committee Member: CPBHBK

Questions/Comments/Etc. will definitely be taken both in this thread and in pm boxes as well.

Happy to see this come to fruition. I've always been in support of it as a way to develop the mythos of the forum, and as a system that rewards consistent work over a year that may not be celebrated on a monthly basis.

I love the guidelines you are using and in particular am looking forward to reading the writing component.

This seems pretty cool. I don't feel as if I'm qualified enough to participate in the writing aspect because of my lack of knowledge of C-Verse and other non-real life mods, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading it.

Question, though: will we be able to nominate or suggest works for awards?

Happy to see this come to fruition. I've always been in support of it as a way to develop the mythos of the forum, and as a system that rewards consistent work over a year that may not be celebrated on a monthly basis.

I love the guidelines you are using and in particular am looking forward to reading the writing component.

This seems pretty cool. I don't feel as if I'm qualified enough to participate in the writing aspect because of my lack of knowledge of C-Verse and other non-real life mods, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading it.

Question, though: will we be able to nominate or suggest works for awards?

I am definitely glad to see the interest is still there for this type of thing. I think that I can definitely say, without speaking of turn, that there will be a nomination phase and a voting phase. So the committee is not just for nominations. The committee will decide on things like the layout, which awards will be given out, etc. But the public will definitely have a large say in nominations and votes.

If it is the same categories as last year then THE ARCHITECT is winning the Rocky Maivia award, right? Even the great Alan Pawent never had the popularity and wide spread of usage as THE ARCHITECT! :p

Glad to see this is going ahead this year, it's always a good year to wrap up a year in GDS life.

So myself and Angel are extremely pleased with the amount of applications so far! We have decided that the deadline to submit an application shall be Friday, October 17th at 4 PM EST. We will then look over the applications and hopefully announce the committee around October 19th or October 20th.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the applications so far! I also wanted to bump this just in case anyone hasn't seen it and wanted to send in a last minute application to be a part of the End Of Year Awards Committee. Today is the last day to send in the applications with a deadline of 4pm EST or 1pm PT.

Remember, that your voice will matter even if you are not selected for the Committee. Everyone's voice matters here because this board belongs to everyone, the writers, the fans and those who are both.

The Committee has been selected by myself and packerman120. We would like to give congratulations to the new members of the committee. We would also like to thank all the people who applied to be members of the committee. As of right now, the committee stands as follows:

Head Chair: angeldelayette

Committee Member: packerman120

Committee Member: jhd1

Committee Member: Phantom Stranger

Committee Member: CPBHBK

Thank you to everyone who applied. More will be forthcoming soon on End Of Year plans.

Archived