Considering buying... Would love input

I've only just got back into wrestling, say 3-4 months ago. I'm an MMA fighter, suffered a horrible abdominal tear and well, had to find something to do while laying in bed for months. Now watching WWE for the first time since 2004 has given me the bug to play a game like this (used to play EWR back in the day) while I spend the next few months rehabing. Trouble is, I tried the first TEW and was ridiculously overwhelmed at the changes, I actually gave my licence to someone else lol. So a few questions I hope the veterans can answer for me.

1. How realistic is it? I'd love to play as TNA and revive it, or even open a new NWA territory. But will I get enjoyment from a realistic battle to sign guys, boost ratings etc... or does it feel like you're simply ticking a checklist that leads to success? (i.e. these stats vs these stats equal good ratings). I found WMMA series has such flawed popularity, I end up exploiting the engine more than playing the game.

2. Are there good real world mods? I have little interest in playing fictional games. I'd love to play a current time mod or perhaps something from say 93? (actually put the strap on Razor etc)

3. Is it multiplayer? Can me and my brother run a company in the same game, just to add more fun to a WWE/TNA game? Online or even local?

Hope someone can help, would much appreciate it.

1. You'll have battles to sign guys that are already contracted, so if WWE are renegotiating Jinder Mahal's contract, they will literally not give up on resigning him until you over-pay by nearly $10,000. But they don't make moves on free agents that much, for example, nobody ever tries to sign AJ Styles in the modern databases despite him being the third best worker in the world. In terms of your thoughts on exploits, TEW naturally works like that (as do all games) but it's your choice if you decide to play the game like that, or simply play it to have fun and be creative.

2. Yes, plenty. You can find a list of them in this awesome thread by RayW and there's some missing from that list that you can find in the Mods section. There's no 93, but there's a 94 one that's played a lot.

3. Yes, there's local multiplayer. If you want to run WWE, your brother can run TNA in the same game and you can compete against each other, or team up. It goes turn by turn. Online multiplayer goes as far as passing the save over the internet when it's somebody else's turn, that's how those kind of saves work here.

I hope this helps, let me know if you want to know anything else.

Archived