Perfect Show Theory Guide

I've recently gotten to really enjoy playing with the perfect show theory on and I've seen a lot of posts on these forums about people not being able to manage the crowd correctly so I thought I'd share my strategy for booking with getting the best rating out the main event in mind. I've only recently started doing this but on the last 5-6 events I ran I havent gotten any negative notes about the crowd on my main event and pulled off the best main events to date in my company. This is for big popularity over performance companies and I don't know if it would work for smaller companies as effectively.

Some things to know:

1-The idea of the perfect show theory is that you want to manipulate the crowds mood and make sure they arent burnt out or bored to death by the main event in order to maximize your audiences interest in it. You want to have a cycle of a high rated segment followed by a slightly lower rated segment and continually decreasing until you reverse it and work your way back up. I usually start out my tv shows with a high rated angle and work my way from there building back to the main event, although you can usually start with any rated angle and just start the cycle from there. For the most part I start with main event level, down to midcard/lower midcard and back up to main event level to finish off the show.

2-Angles don't suffer penalties from the crowd like matches do, but can burn out a crowd just as well. Putting a long and high rated angle right before your main event has a big possibility of burning out the crowd. If you have several high rated angles you need to use in your show, it is better to use them after the main event if possible, as angles can get a bonus from a "hot" crowd without having to worry about a burnt out crowd.

3-Keep in mind those mid-card performers who can pull off abnormally high results in segments. Expecting an angle that will lower the crowds mood when it ends up outperforming the last segment can result in a burnt out crowd. Either lower the workers segment length or mix them up with lower popularity workers to keep the segment in line with what your wanting.

4-Use "work the crowd" often. This note makes it harder for the segment to get penalties from the crowd as well as limits how excited they will get the crowd. Good workers will engage the crowd during the match and make sure they are entertained without extreme drama in the match (which should be saved for the main event). I usually use this for most of my matches on tv, including my semi-main event because if the workers engage the crowd correctly they will still pull off great results in the match and you don't have to worry about the crowd too burnt out for the main event. You don't always need two work the crowd notes in a row, but you probably should use it when you know you have workers who might accidentally outperform higher pushed matches later in the card.

5. Segments will get a penalty for lowering the crowds mood. You will get this penalty every time you are on your coming-down period in your show, so keep it in mind when choosing who will be in your matches.

Thats pretty much it. I've pulled off my highest rated main events on TV with this. If anyone has anything to add please feel free.

I actually dont think it's necessary to use work the crowd often, but using the 1 minute warm up angles are extremely underrated and can serve the same purpose so that you dont have to hinder your semi main for your main event to reach its potential

You can have a 95 rated Savage/Steamboat level match as the semi main and most people would think it would damage the main event, however you can still do huge angles and matches before the main event. The 1 minute angle takes any potential hit for not being as good as the previous match/angle and it essentially sets a low bar that will be eclipsed by the main event, especially if it involves a worker in the main event.

A lot of crowd burnout comes from simply not giving them time to breathe, even on a killer show with amazing matches up and down it's still possible to prevent as long as there is natural dropoffs during the card progression, less it comes at the main event.

Archived