Real World January 1997 Mod Beta Release

Hi Everyone,

Going to try and have another look at this game and see if i find out where this error is coming from. Also I'm going to try and update it a little with some newer prospects who have came into the mainstream over the past year. Really sorry about the delay in getting back to you all I've just been very busy the past year and haven't had much time for the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Great mod!

I love historical mods.

I have a suggestion.

In WMMA4 we have the possibility to change the company momentum, so to simulate the UFC controversy i have changed the company momentum to -5 instead of destroy the America's economy.

What do you think WECNeverDie?

This mod will be updated?

Great mod!

I love historical mods.

I have a suggestion.

In WMMA4 we have the possibility to change the company momentum, so to simulate the UFC controversy i have changed the company momentum to -5 instead of destroy the America's economy.

What do you think WECNeverDie?

This mod will be updated?

Is this in relation to the Global recession narrative or to do with the 'dark ages of MMA' in America due to McCain which started around the time the mod starts?

Yeah at the moment I'm running simulations and taking notes on the balance of the game and trying to get it set up in such a way that the AI will run as true to life as possible and balancing some fighters stats as I've noticed I had a tendency to severely overrate many fighters and some fighters need some tweaking to get them to fight more like they do in real life.

Not sure when I'll be releasing an update of this but I'm hoping maybe over the next 2 months I'll get it out. It's coming along quite nicely. Once I have this update done I'm hoping to release a 2000 version that starts around the time of the first PRIDE GP.

Also in regard to the error some people are seeing I'm afraid it hasn't come up for me when using the database so I've no real assistance to give in that regard. Have you mentioned it to Adam?

EDIT:

"I am getting 'Runtime Error 3159, Not A Valid Bookmark' or 'Runtime Error 3343, Unrecognized Database Format'..."

This means that the database has been corrupted. You should apply the backup file (using the Game Recovery button on the Load Game menu); in the rare case that that has also been corrupted then you will need to start a new thead for further help.

We see about 1 case of this every couple of months. Currently we do not know why it's happening, we've only managed to narrow it down as not being a code-based problem, but that it is triggered by something external. Our current best guess is that it's either a virus checker issue, or possibly the user not shutting down the game correctly. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to dig any deeper into the issue because it's so rare and, by its nature, by the time the user realises it has happened the damage is already done and any helpful data is wiped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

<p>Hey, this mod looks great.</p><p> </p><p>

I was looking at starting a new game around this time period and noticed there was an update in the works. How is that coming along? Would it be worth holding off on starting a new game for?</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

<p>Mod Freeze</p><p> </p><p>

Hey, love the mod! only problem is that every time I play, The mod freezes on sunday October Week 4, stuck on the processing new teams page when trying to advance. Has anyone else dealt with this glitch and if so, does anyone know the fix. Thanks alot!</p>

• 4 years later...