[HYPE] The MMA Multiverse

The idea of a multiverse is incredibly intriguing. The thought that every possible outcome from the tiniest decisions from even the most microscopic of beings could form its own universe is insane. It allows for every possible outcome to become reality in one universe or another.

For instance, in this universe, MMA is life. There is not a single being on this planet that does not participate in Mixed Martial Arts in some facet or another. This means that all the people back on Earth that we knew as actors, politicians or anything else now have to tape up their gloves and go to war inside a cage/ring. Well, I guess that's not entirely true. There are a select few in this universe that are able to exist purely as announcers, trainers, or matchmakers, but they are still within the realm of MMA.

Now while there is a universe that only takes human beings from all walks of life and turns them into MMA fighters, this universe takes things to an even crazier level. Fictional characters and creatures have been brought to life, some even modified a bit and compete right there alongside what on Earth would just be celebrities and regular, non cage fighting individuals. This leads to the craziest, most competitive and most fun universe for an MMA fan to possible be a part of.

Side Notes:

I will probably be looking to post my first bit of data sometime in January.

This is a living/work in progress mod, nowhere near completion. I'm posting it here as a means for possible feedback and ideas/directions you guys would like to see it go.

I guess you could say I'm also doing a pic pack for the mod, although that mostly just consists of resizing pictures from Google images. It does the job for me, but I'm not sure if everyone else has to have a uniform pick pack.

The first company I will be posting will be the Superstar Fighting Federation: Vince McMahon's shot at being an MMA promoter. So far the promotion includes 34 male wrestlers (will most likely be 1 openweight division and 8 female wrestlers. As I go along and add more companies, I might make SFF a bit more nuanced and not just pro wrestling turned MMA. By this I mean make it more based off the Vince McMahon philosophy of employing body builders and bimbos, rather than talented fighters.

I assign fighter stats not necessarily based off of how the people themselves would do if they transferred over to MMA, but how their persona would do. For instance, Triple H is a master game planner, Ric Flair has devistating leg locks, Bret Hart is quite the technician and William Regal has the "power of the punch" on his side.

Archived