UFC: Expect the Unexpected

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/MMAjunkieHdrLogo.jpg

"MMA Junkie: Your source for all of the latest in the sport of MMA"

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b515/ThePiOverlord111/Da%20UFC/DanaWhite_zps8aac1677.jpg

Dana White Holds State of the UFC Press Conference

2015 has just dawned upon us. Earlier this afternoon, Dana White gave a speech to the UFC fans regarding many important details of what is to come and be expected of the UFC in the year of 2015. Without further ado, here is your recap.

The first thing Dana announced is that the UFC will only be holding 2-3 events a month. There will be one big event at the end of each month, as per usual. Every other month, UFC will hold a UFC on FOX event on a TBD week. Every month will feature one fight night event on FOX Sports 1. When asked about the change, White simply responded "We feel that doing this will allow us to produce bigger and better cards for the viewing audience."

Dana White's second big announcement was that all UFC events would now be held on Sunday's. This is a huge change compared to the UFC's old schedule, which had them hold their events on Saturdays. White commented that doing this would give viewers who work on Saturdays a better opportunity to watch the fights. Dana also states that this will bring in more sales as people are more willing to watch television on Sundays.

What big announcements by Dana White. The UFC in 2015 will be one to watch out for. For now, keep tuned to MMAJunkie.com for ALL of your MMA news. For now, this has been Tom Foxworthy reporting for MMA Junkie and I'll be seeing you next time!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/MMAjunkieHdrLogo.jpg

After seeing SBH and rodrigo's UFC diaries, I decided that I wanted to write one myself. I feel mine will be different as I take different unusual approaches to my way of decision making. Predictions will be held in honor of Rodrigo's diary, and shows will be written up in a similar format to SBH's diary. Also, don't expect too much when it comes to behind the scenes stuff, but I will make in effort for the purpose of immersion. So, without further ado, I hope you enjoy my take on modern day UFC!

UFC Announces Cards for January and February:

(Note: I will notify you when it is right to predict :D)

UFC 181: Jones vs. Cormier (Week 4, January 2015)

Main Event:

UFC Light Heavyweight Championship:

(#1) Jon Jones vs. (#2) Daniel Cormier

Co-Main Event:

(#6) Donald Cerrone vs. (#17) Myles Jury

(#6) Hector Lombard vs. (#7) Josh Koscheck

(#4) Ali Bagautinov vs. (#8) Ian McCall

(#6) Nick Diaz vs. (#17) Costas Phillippou

Prelims:

Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Jason Jones

Elias Theodorou vs. Vitor Miranda

(#12) Frank Mir vs. Ruan Potts

Corey Anderson vs. Matt Van Buren

Adam Khaliev vs. Clint Hester

UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Siver (Week 2, February 2015)

Main Event:

(#5) Conor McGregor vs. (#11) Dennis Siver

Co-Main Event:

(#4) Urijah Faber) vs. (#19) Mitch Gagnon

(#11) Ben Rothwell vs. (#20) Oliesky Oliynyk

(#5) Carlos Condit vs. (#13) Rick Story

(#13) Yves Jabouin vs. (#23) Thomas Almeida

Prelims:

Josh Copeland vs. Derrick Lewis

Ruslan Magomedov vs. Timothy Johnson

Anthony Hamilton vs. Konstantin Erokhin

Daniel Omielanczuk vs. Jared Cannonier

Marcos Regerio de Lima vs. Patrick Walsh

UFC 182: Velasquez vs. Werdum (Week 4, February 2015)

Main Event:

UFC Heavyweight Championship:

(#1) Cain Velasquez vs. (#2) Fabricio Werdum

Co-Main Event:

(#2) Anderson Silva vs. (#11) Luke Rockhold

(#4) Alistair Overeem vs. (#16) Gabriel Gonzaga

(#3) Sarah Kaufman vs. (#5) Miesha Tate

(#3) Chad Mendes vs. (#7) Clay Guida

Prelims:

Fabio Maldonado vs. Keith Berish

Nikita Krylov vs. Gian Villante

Chris Dempsey vs. Daniel Spohn

Sean O'Connell vs. Francimar Barroso

Cezar Ferreira vs. Dylan Andrews

I hope to have UFC 181 Preview/Predictions up tomorrow, and UFC 181 itself up on Sunday.

UFC 181 Press Conference:

http://www.windsorstar.com/cms/binary/7274117.jpg?size=640x420

-Jones has said that he will kick the living hell out of Daniel Cormier.

-Cormier stated that he will prove himself by beating Jones and then beating him in their rematch.

-Cerrone has said that he will prove to Jury that the UFC ain't easy.

-Diaz stated that once he beats Phillippou, he wants to fight Silva for all the glory.

-Dana White ends the press conference by teasing a new Ultimate Fighter and hyping up Jones v. Cormier.

http://www1.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20140221054046_5D3_1736.JPG

Prediction Listing:

Main Event:

(#1) Jon Jones (205 lbs) vs. (#2) Daniel Cormier (205 lbs)

Co-Main Event:

(#6) Donald Cerrone (155 lbs) vs. (#17) Myles Jury (155 lbs)

(#6) Hector Lombard (170 lbs) vs. (#7) Josh Koscheck (170 lbs)

(#4) Ali Bagautinov (125 lbs) vs. (#8) Ian McCall (125 lbs)

(#6) Nick Diaz (185 lbs) vs. (#17) Costas Phillippou (185 lbs)

Prelims:

Antonio Carlos Junior (205 lbs) vs. Jason Jones (205 lbs)

Elias Theodorou (185 lbs) vs. Vitor Miranda (185 lbs)

(#12) Frank Mir (255 lbs) vs. Ruan Potts (253 lbs)

Corey Anderson (205 lbs) vs. Matt Van Buren (205 lbs)

Adam Khaliev (185 lbs) vs. Clint Hester (185 lbs)

*All credit goes to rodrigoviolim for the wonderful preview format :D

I'm happy to have inspired you in some way, come on...

Main Event:

Co-Main Event:

Prelims:

I'm happy to have inspired you in some way, come on...

Main Event:

Co-Main Event:

Prelims:

Yeah man, I always do love the format of your previews. Been following your stuff since the last 4-5 months of the WMMA3 one silently. Great work, some of the best stuff to read on the forums. Hope ya didn't mind me using a VERY similar format to your previews :p

Main Event:

Co-Main Event:

Prelims:

Yeah man, I always do love the format of your previews. Been following your stuff since the last 4-5 months of the WMMA3 one silently. Great work, some of the best stuff to read on the forums. Hope ya didn't mind me using a VERY similar format to your previews :p

Feel free to use what you find necessary.

UFC 181: Jones vs. Cormier

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b515/ThePiOverlord111/Da%20UFC/JonesCormier_zps73654f74.png

Jones vs. Cormier

Round 1:

Let's get the main event started! We start out the fight with strikes. Jones and Cormier duke it out in the center of the cage. Cormier misses a jab and Jones hits Cormier with a brutal kick to the legs! But Jones can't capitalize, as Cormier stays on his feet. We are now in the last minute. Cormier and Jones still duking out on their feet. Last 30 seconds, Jones is moving in, catches Cormier with a big hook! But the round is over. That has to go down as 10-9 Jones. The crowd are excited after that round for sure!

Round 2:

We begin with more striking. Cormier appears to be limping after the damage Jones dealt to him last round. Jones sees this and he capitalizes, nailing Cormier with a huge strike to the jaw! Cormier falls down! Jones goes down, looking to finish another victim. But he is unable as Cormier hangs in there! Jones looks to work Cormier on the ground now. He goes for strikes, but Cormier suddenly bursts to life! Jones sees this and gets to his feet, but not soon after is when Cormier drives him into the cage! But Cormier decides that this is not what he wants as he lets the fight return to the center of the cage. Nothing more happens in this round. In my opinion, Jones took that round 10-9.

Round 3:

We go back to what has been happening for the last ten minutes. Jones and Cormier work on each other with various strikes, but neither land anything that fazes the other. Halfway through, it appears that the champion is running low on steam. Jones, being the champion he is, clinches up Cormier to try and pass the time. Jones looks to put Cormier in a Muay Thai Clinch, but Cormier wrestles himself into the dominant position. But Cormier again wrestles out and goes back to the stand-up game! Why is Cormier not taking advantage of Jones when the champion is at his weakest? That's all for this round, another round taken 10-9 by Jon Jones. Cormier needs to finish Jones or he will be another victim of Jon "Bones" Jones.

Round 4:

Jones and Cormier do nothing new, again starting out trying to out punch the other. By now, Cormier is limping heavily, one leg practically dead. They strike, and Jones catches Cormier with a big shot to the jaw! Jones is now looking to put Cormier in the Muay Thai clinch. However, Jones cant lock it in and Cormier takes the dominant position in the grapple. Cormier takes advantage, hitting Jones with a belly to belly suplex! Jones tries to pull guard multiple times, but Cormier stops him with small strikes to the ribs. They spend the last minute on the ground in the same position, with Cormier unable to anything to Jones. Despite the wrestling of Cormier, Jones landed many significant strikes that gave him the round 10-9.

(TBH, I think Cormier had that round but whatever I guess not. Eh whatever we all know Jones is winning haha.)

Round 5:

I wish I had more for this round but nothing new happened. Both competitors spend it standing up punching each other. With 2 minutes left, Jones nailed Cormier with a big punch to the jaw, knocking the challenger down. Jones then uses his wrestling skills to keep Cormier down after he failed to finish him once again. In fact, they were on the ground so long that Cormier and Jones were stood back up. Great choice ref, because the crowd OBVIOUSLY wanted to see more stand-up. That's it folks, Jones wins it again with a score of 10-9.

The judges decisions are in:

Jeremy Tufnel: 49-46 Jones

Dustin Alexander: 50-45 Jones

Louis Criss: 50-45 Jones

WINNER AND STILL THE UNDISPUTED UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!!!!! JON "BONES" JONESSSSSSSS!

Main Card:

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b515/ThePiOverlord111/Da%20UFC/UFC181Main_zps0fb05234.png

Prelims and Awards:

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b515/ThePiOverlord111/Da%20UFC/UFC181Prelims_zpscdf43ad2.png

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b515/ThePiOverlord111/Da%20UFC/awards181_zps57ba6bc7.png

Cerrone vs. Jury:

A very even fight over the first two rounds. In the first Cerrone manages to ground Jury but he is unable to submit Jury. However, Jury out wrestled Cerrone and took the first round. In the second, Cerrone dominated Jury in the second round in their five minute slugfest. Cerrone finished Jury early in the second round by submitting him. One more win is all Cerrone needs to win the title dispute.

Lombard vs. Koscheck

Everyone expected Lombard to get a clear win here over the losing streak of Josh Koscheck. However, Koscheck proved them wrong. Koscheck thoroughly used his wrestling skills to keep Lombard grounded, and after fifteen minutes, Koscheck scored the unaminous decision. After the fight, Koscheck suddenly has a large mouth by calling out Rory MacDonald so he can kick his ass. We'll see about that one Kos.

Bagautinov vs. McCall:

I hope you all like stand-up, because that's all this was. About 5 significant strikes were landed in the whole fight, yet it won FOTN. This is America after all, so this stuff happens. Bagautinov wins a split decision after a 29-28 Ali, 30-27 McCall, 30-27 Bagautinov scorecard.

Diaz vs. Phillippou

All you need to know is that Diaz kicked Costas' ass. In the third round, Phillippou cheated and got a point deducted, but it didn't matter. Diaz won the decision unaminously. One judge even scored it 30-25 Diaz. Ouch.

My thoughts:

Alright, this is about what I expected. Jones winning is fine, but I'm starting to wonder who will beat Jones. Lombard losing is disappointing but exciting as it could set up a Koscheck/MacDonald title eliminator. Diaz finally breaks the losing streak, which is great. Hopefully we can see Silva/Diaz soon. Otherwise, nothing out of the usual here. A good event that had a FANTASTIC commercial rating. March cards will be announced tomorrow. I actually have cards booked til April, but I'm announcing them slowly. After that, McGregor/Siver preview should be up Tuesday and the event itself Wednesday. Let us see if everything goes to plan. Thank you for the taking the time to read my show. Also, obligatory credit goes to rodrigo and SpinningBackFist for their wonderful formats of writing previews and the shows itself. I would be lost without them. I will see you next time!

Jones is a machine! Really stinks about the Kos win though. Gotta book around his losing streak and crap and try to build him back up. Since he knocked off Lombard.

The plan is to give him the MacDonald fight. I hope he loses tbh, but either way it should turn out fine. The thing I am more concerned about is the fact that Cormier needs SIX MONTHS to recuperate :(

UFC announces March cards:

UFC on FOX 13: Gustafsson vs. Johnson (Week 1, March 2015)

Main Event:

(#5) Anthony Johnson vs. (#7) Alexander Gustafsson

Co-Main Event:

(#7) Raphael Assuncao vs. Chris Holdsworth

(#8) Josh Barnett vs. (#11) Roy Nelson

(#19) Cung Le vs. (#21) Derek Brunson

(#9) Martin Kampmann vs. (#20) Mike Pyle

Prelims:

Andrew Craig vs. Antonio Braga Neto

Garreth McLellan vs. Guilherme Vasconscelos

Alexander Yakovlev vs. Augusto Montano

Anthony Lapsley vs. Cathal Pendred

Damon Jackson vs. Beneil Dariush

UFC Fight Night: Hendricks vs. Woodley (Week 3, March 2015)

Main Event:

(#2) Johnny Hendricks vs. (#4) Tyron Woodley

Co-Main Event:

(#2) John Dodson vs. (#3) Joseph Benavidez

(#9) Dan Henderson vs. (#21) Patrick Cummins

(#4) Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. (#14) Joe Lauzon

(#10) John Moraga vs. (#11) John Lineker

Prelims:

Bekbulat Magomedov vs. Diego Brandao

Davey Grant vs. Dustin Kimura

Frankie Saenz vs. Henry Cejudo

Ryan Benoit vs. Neil Seery

(#25) Carlos Diego Ferreira vs. Fabricio Camoes

UFC 183: Weidman vs. Jacare (Week 4, March 2015)

Main Event:

UFC Middleweight Championship

(#1) Chris Weidman vs. (#5) Ronaldo Souza

Co-Main Event:

(#4) Michael Bisping vs. (#17) C.B. Dollaway

(#9) Yoel Romero vs. (#10) Nate Marquardt

(#14) Dan Hardy vs. Adlan Amagoz

(#4) Cub Swanson vs. (#19) Max Holloway

Prelims:

Shane Howell vs. Patrick Holohan

Ed Gordon vs. Rafael Natal

Andreas Stahl vs. Chris Heatherly

Bryan Barberena vs. Elias Silverio

Jessamyn Duke vs. Germaine de Randamie

I accidentally posted the cards early, but whatever. I decided that their will be one update daily, ideally posted around Midnight CST. I also would like to take this post to say that predictions are just for fun. I may decide to add a prize later, but for now, it's just for bragging rights.

UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Siver Press Conference:

http://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/conor-mcgregor-legal-shot-to-dustin-poirier.jpg

-McGregor has stated that Siver is only a platform for him to achieve greater things.

-Siver and McGregor had a heated confrontation that results in Dana pulling the two apart as they shouted expletives at each other.

-Urijah Faber has stated that he wants to be the next opponent of Dominick Cruz as he thinks it would be a great fight.

-Gagnon has taunted Faber by calling Faber a "washed up old Jamaican".

-Rothwell says that he will fight for the pride of his hometown state, Wisconsin.

-Dana White announces the signing of heavyweight Brett Rogers!

http://media.ufc.tv/photo_galleries/122_weighin/122_weighin-09_UFC122_Dennis_Siver_03.jpg

UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Siver Predictions (w/out weights, as every fighter is equal. Might add betting lines next show.)

Main Event:

(#5) Conor McGregor vs. (#11) Dennis Siver

Co-Main Event:

(#4) Urijah Faber) vs. (#19) Mitch Gagnon

(#11) Ben Rothwell vs. (#20) Oliesky Oliynyk

(#5) Carlos Condit vs. (#13) Rick Story

(#13) Yves Jabouin vs. (#23) Thomas Almeida

Prelims:

Josh Copeland vs. Derrick Lewis

Ruslan Magomedov vs. Timothy Johnson

Anthony Hamilton vs. Konstantin Erokhin

Daniel Omielanczuk vs. Jared Cannonier