Arlie..couple Q's for you

Been playing BBCF since it's release. With the current NCAA season ending I am wanting to put my disabled body but fully functional mind to work.

I am wanting to create a fictional college football universe that can then be tweaked creating different scenarios or challenges. To do this I would love to have a couple questions answered rather than dealing with a lot of trial & error with countless crashes.

1) Can new recruit generation be tweaked?

For example, what, if anything, can I change in the setup files to increase or decrease the number of recruits generated in a particular state? Is it as simple as changing city populations? Or would it require me to beg you to tell me where & how to change it in the coding? lol

2) Is it possible to create coaches (head coaches & assistant coaches) and assign them to schools when starting a new league?

3) Finally, is there a way to increase the recruiting & scouting costs outside of teams home state and region? I ask this to determine if it's possible to make recruiting outside of home state & region more costly to make recruiting more regional.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Not really. It is also generated in-game. In the psetup.dat table, you can increase and decrease the high school "prestige" values to get more players from that high school or region. Same with JCs.

2. Coaches are generated at random on league creation. There is no editing ability for them (but you can edit the players).

3. In the table psetup.dat (or setup.dat on a current game), you can edit the recruit service cost in the "RecruitService" table. You can open the dat files using an "MS Access" style application.

1. Not really. It is also generated in-game. In the psetup.dat table, you can increase and decrease the high school "prestige" values to get more players from that high school or region. Same with JCs.

2. Coaches are generated at random on league creation. There is no editing ability for them (but you can edit the players).

3. In the table psetup.dat (or setup.dat on a current game), you can edit the recruit service cost in the "RecruitService" table. You can open the dat files using an "MS Access" style application.

How do you open the .dat files?

.dat edit

copy and save the original file to a safe location so you can have the clean original file available if wanted at a later time.

To edit a .dat file...simply change the file extension to .mdb (Microsoft access extension). You can then open and edit away using either Microsoft Access or Apache Open Office.

Hope that helps.

-Kevin

Archived