From Worst to First: Advice Needed!

Hey, everyone!

I'm really enjoying Bowl Bound, and I just finished my fourth season as the coach of the Ohio Bobcats. We went 8-4 and lost in a bowl game to Vanderbilt.

I decided to take a job with Colorado in the Pac-12 who had gone a woeful 0-11 the past season. It doesn't look like they have much talent coming back compared to the rest of the league.

Any advice, hard-earned lessons or stories about taking a team from worst to first?

• 3 weeks later...

If you're trying to turn a team around, I'd recommend almost maxing out the money you spend on recruiting in the first few seasons. If you aren't going to win that year, might as well poor money into recruiting rather than spending it on a lost cause.

Also, if you have sign a freshman QB who is at least somewhat close to the level of your other QBs, I'd let him start. Might as well develop him. If he's not going to start, redshirt him, even if he'd be your #2. Then you can build around him, and save a year of eligibility to develop him.

That is, of course, if you don't have a shot at winning games.

EDIT: In addition, schedule the easiest cupcake games in the first few seasons, try to at least win a few games.

Also, I may be wrong, that's just what I would do from my little experience. :)

Archived