[Road To Glory] The Rise Of... Me

I've never done this challenge before, nor ran a Local promotion, so this should be interesting. Maybe I flop within my first show? Maybe I get stuck? Who knows?

:D

I'm using Fleisch's January 2015 Real World Chronicles for this challenge, just to spice things up with regards the wrestlers I'll use. I'm excited to see how my game universe evolves to be honest.

I'm not using Perfect Show Theory either, I don't subscribe to that as a thing in wrestling anyway. I'll be using numbers instead of grades too, and I've turned off Owner Goals. I guess I'm doing the Lite version, but whatever, it's a game. :p

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q685/RynWlsn/Road%20To%20Glory/rtgstats_zps816193c4.jpg

Starting Promotion

Pro Wrestling RISE

Owner: Jesse Neal

Starting Roster

Jimmy Rave (BIG financial gamble @ $650 per show)

Jesse Neal

Ryan Nemeth

Alexxis Nevaeh

Shaul Guerrero

Ross Von Erich

Marshall Von Erich

Ice Cream Jr.

El Hijo de Ice Cream

Jerome Daniels

Joey Spector

El Hijo de Rey Misterio

El Hijo de Dos Caras

Ryan Wilson

Product

Wrestlers are rated much more on performance than popularity. No face/heel divide, no gimmicks. I think anything else is suicide at this level.

RISE I

Friday, Week 4, January 2015

Held in front of 15 fans at the Goodwill Fire Hall!

I was pretty nervous heading in this first show and even though we only drew in 15 paying fans, Los Ice Creams kicked off things in style defeating the heel team of Joey Spector and Jerome Daniels just after the 15 minute mark.

Things went a little downhill with our second match, but still nothing too bad. The fans weren't all that into seeing Alexxis Nevaeh scrap her way past Shaul Guerrero, winning with a roll-up in another match that went 15 minutes. I thought about making it shorter, but both ladies wanted longer so I relented and gave them some extra time.

I went out to make my in-ring debut. I was very nervous at first but once I'd taken my first few bumps, the match started flowing pretty nicely and Ryan Nemeth actually led me through to a half-way decent match. He pinned me using the ropes for leverage and actually got a boo or two for it, kayfabe is alive and well people! Everything went to plan here, thanks Dolph's little bro!

I walked behind the curtain just in time to pass Marshall and Ross Von Erich making their way down to the ring. They put on the best match of the night so far against the Rudo pairing of El Hijo de Dos Caras and El Hijo de Rey Misterio. I like a bit of lucha so I couldn't resist when the opportunity came up to hire these two guys. I saw glimpses of the match, it was clocked in at just over 15 minutes as planned and the crowd seemed to enjoy it, so this was a success. I'll be booking these four again for sure.

I took a ringside seat as my boss Jesse Neal came out holding an old WWE Undisputed replica title belt. He'd simply duct taped over the WWE logo and wrote RISE in marker pen. HOW INDY OF US! He announced to our live audience that this was the RISE Heavyweight Championship and introduced his opponent Jimmy Rave. You could tell these two were really enjoying the freedom of main eventing such a small show In fact, if you saw this on WWE TV or something, you'd have probably been reasonably impressed actually. Rave led Neal all the way through this one and then picked up the victory at around 23 minutes with a beautiful swinging leg hook fireman's carry slam thing, that's a move he'll have to teach me.

Rave held up the RISE Heavyweight championship, but Ryan Nemeth came down and confronted him. The Von Erichs and The Rudo's came down and seperated the two, setting up our program for our next show.

Show Rating: 49 (D+)

JEEEEZUUUUUS! That's damn good for a bunch of misfits nobody else wants to hire. :D

P.S. After looking at the financials at the end of the month, I decided I had to make two cuts, I spent over $4,500 on workers that show. :o So I cut both of the ladies. They had the worst match of the night and I just have nothing for them creatively at the moment (embracing my inner John Laurinaitis with that one). Maybe when I have a ladies title I'll rehire them both but right now I just can't afford them.

RISE Coronation

Friday, Week 4, February 2015

Held in front of 12 fans at George Washington Elementary!

Just 12 fans tonight, but we have moved regions slightly, from Pennsylvania to New Jersey. This school will be our setting for every show from now on.

I decided to book a promo to open the show, Joey Spector came down and complained about having to tag with that 'schmuck' Jerome Daniels last month, so Jesse Neal interrupted to set up our opening contest. In a 12-minuter, our boss Neal pinned him clean.

I gave them both a pat on the back as they came through the curtain, because I was up next against El Hijo de Dos Caras. He was calling the shots with his passable English and doing his best to make me look good, but truth be told, I didn't perform as well as I know I can and he put me away after 12 minutes of back-and-forth action.

I hit the shower and came back just in time to see El Hijo de Rey Misterio put Jerome Daniels away with a nice Springboard Hurricanrana, the fans were well into the finish so the match must been pretty decent. It clocked in at around 15 minutes on Jimmy Rave's stopwatch.

It was time for my favourites now, Los Ice Creams came out to take on The Von Erichs. This reminded me of one of those old-school 1980's tag matches, the psychology and chemistry between these two teams was off the charts. After 15 minutes of all-out action, Ice Cream Jr. got the pin for his team.

We started setting up for our main event, all of the locker room came out and took a seat ringside to watch this one. Jimmy Rave and Ryan Nemeth put on a great match by our standards. Nemeth played douchey heel, reminding Rave constantly that he was Dolph Ziggler's little brother as he aggressively stamped away on him. Rave made his comeback and after a really nice finishing sequence, he dodged a Fame Asser and retained his RISE Heavyweight title with that Swinging Fireman's Carry move I really like.

Post-match, Nemeth jumped Rave, beat him up a bit and posed with his title to set up next month's show. That was a wrap, another very successful one.

Show Rating: 52 (D+) :D

Even better than our last show, I'm on cloud nine at the moment. Even if we didn't have Rave, who is obviously too good to be here, I reckon we'd still be able to pull in a 40 or so. This product is working wonders.

P.S. There's something I forgot to mention so far. Roman Reigns won the WWE title at Royal Rumble, which is funny for many reasons. He defended it successfully at Fast Lane against Bray Wyatt. Fun fact: My main event got a higher rating than theirs. :D They're declining terribly, losing popularity every month since they insist that Reigns and Wyatt main event every RAW lol. If they keep declining at this pace, New Japan or Dragon Gate will be the only National companies left for me. D:

RISE of the SHOW OFF

Friday, Week 4, March 2015

Held in front of 10 fans at George Washington Elementary!

I was half-expecting an increase in fans, but I guess word of mouth hasn't quite spread yet. :(

I kicked off the show teaming with Jesse Neal to take on Ross and Marshall, The Von Erichs. They're good workers and we all had fun playing to the crowd, even though the match was formulaic and simple. I made the hot tag to Neal, the Von Erichs dealt with him, I tried to inspire another comeback but tag team experience prevailed and Marshall pinned me just after 13 minutes. Neal shook his head. I think I'll book him to be buried from now on...

Our next match was surprisingly good, I didn't expect much but both Jerome Daniels and Joey Spector worked with each other very well. A lot of close near falls, these guys are pretty decent at story-telling and considering we're in an elementary school, these stories need happy endings. After 12 minutes of back-and-forth action, Daniels notched up the win. All good so far.

We moved into back-to-back singles matches featuring masked guys now. First up, El Hijo de Rey Misterio picked up a victory over El Hijo de Ice Cream with a nice Hurricanrana. In our follow-up match, Ice Cream Jr. defeated El Hijo de Dos Caras with a Jack and Jill Hammer. I think big daddy Dave Meltzer would have gave us like, two stars each for these matches.

The RISE Heavyweight title was on the line next and Jimmy Rave delivered another great match with Ryan Nemeth. Ziggler's bro was a little more aggressive this time around, even stealing some of this brother's mannerisms. He attempted that headstand side headlock that Ziggler does, but he couldn't quite do it which was quite amusing to watch. The pace quickened, I was shocked these guys could keep going after 20 minutes, but they dug into their reserves and pushed on to the finishing sequence. Rave dodged a Fame Asser and put this one away with the Ghanarhea, that move I really like.

Post-match, The Von Erichs jumped Rave and posed with the RISE Heavyweight title, so we have a story heading into our next show.

Show Rating: 52 (D+)

Same main event, same high rating. :D We're bantamweights landing punches that could floor welterweights.

Archived