Ring of Combat

Blurcat (January 1,2015)

Ring of Combat, a small time player in the MMA game based in New Jersey, made a change in leadership effective today. They've inserted Joe Coca as the new CEO of the company. Lou Neglia, the owner of ROC said, "We're happy that Joe Coca is joining our company. I think he will produce an exciting product that will lead us to much success in the future."

Hi everyone, I'm Joe Coca and I've been handed the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm the new CEO of Ring of Combat. I'm very happy to have this opportunity and look forward to many exciting fights in the future. One note, my thoughts will be posted in blue throughout this dynasty.

Reviewing this company, a few changes are going to be made. I'm going to drop a few divisions in an effort to be able to create depth in others. All of the belts have roughly the same prestige and 2 to 8 fighters. Lightweight and Middleweight are vacant. I'll either drop 3 of the larger or smaller weightclasses. Champions are as follows:

Heavyweight - Brendan Barrett (2 defense)

Light Heavyweight - Anton Talamentes

Middleweight - Vacant

Welterweight - Elijah Harshbarger

Lightweight - Vacant

Featherweight - Andre Harrison (1 defense)

Bantamweight - Julio Arce (1 defense)

Flyweight - Matt Rizzo

We only have $50,000 to work with so turning a profit is going to be vital. Roster size will limit the amount of events we can run for a while too.

Lou Neglia and I will be announcing the events. Currently we have no media deal and we'll have to grow before we can secure one.

Roc 50:

Just some info on the rules our organization is running:

• Fights take place in a cage.
  • 3 5 minute rounds except Titles and Main Events. Those are 5 5 minute rounds
  • All strikes are set to legal

Blurdog - 1/2/15

Joe Coca wasted no time in announcing the first card in his tenure as CEO of ROC. The show will take place on Friday, February 6 of 2015 in New Jersey.

The main event of the evening will pit 2-time & current welterweight champion, Elijah "The Hero" Harshbarger (6-4) against former champ Pete "Drago" Sell (10-6, 7-1 ROC). Sell will try to use his excellent submission game to reclaim the title.

The co-main event of the evening features Anton "El Terrible" Talamantes making his first defense of the Light Heavyweight title. He'll be taking on Jamal "The Suit" Patterson. Jamal hasn't fought since 2008 but is solid all around and looks to be trouble for El Terrible.

Also making a title defense is featherweight champion Andre Harrison (8-0) who will be fighting Deividas Taurosevicius (15-5). Andre is a great prospect looking to continue his undefeated run against an excellent ground fighter in Deividas.

Phillipe Nover looks to continue his 5 match ROC win streak against Andy Main, to round out the main card. Also, Chris "The Big Buck" Birchler trys to remain undefeated.

Welterweight Title: © Elijah Harshbarger (6-4) vs. #2 Pete Sell (10-6)

Light Heavyweight Title: © Anton Talamentes (5-4) vs. #3 James Patterson (6-3)

Lightweight: (2) Phillippe Nover (9-5-1) vs. (3) Andy Main (6-1-1NC)

Featherweight: © Andre Harrison (8-0) vs. (2) Deividas Taurosevicius (15-5)

Heavyweight: (5) Chris Brichler (5-0) vs. (4) JA Dudley (5-11)

Flyweight: (4) Jimmy Grant (5-3) vs. (3) Sean Santella (13-4-1)

Featherweight: (7) Guillermo Serment (4-9) vs. (6) Jacob Kirwan (9-5)

Lightweight: (4) Danilo Cherman (9-4) vs. (1) Luiz Azerdo (15-10)

Welterweight Title: © Elijah Harshbarger (6-4) vs. #2 Pete Sell (10-6)

Light Heavyweight Title: © Anton Talamentes (5-4) vs. #3 James Patterson (6-3)

Lightweight: (2) Phillippe Nover (9-5-1) vs. (3) Andy Main (6-1-1NC)

Featherweight: © Andre Harrison (8-0) vs. (2) Deividas Taurosevicius (15-5)

Heavyweight: (5) Chris Brichler (5-0) vs. (4) JA Dudley (5-11)

Flyweight: (4) Jimmy Grant (5-3) vs. (3) Sean Santella (13-4-1)

Featherweight: (7) Guillermo Serment (4-9) vs. (6) Jacob Kirwan (9-5)

Lightweight: (4) Danilo Cherman (9-4) vs. (1) Luiz Azerdo (15-10)

<p>January in review</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#000080;">-It's going to be difficult to maintain continuity in my divisions. Other orginizations are constantly going to be signing my fighters. I can't afford to pay the extra for exclusive contracts. I may have difficulty putting together cards as the other organizations may have my fighters scheduled. I'll be signing first time fighters often.</span></p><p><span style="color:#000080;">

-Reviewing other companies in the country. A few don't have smaller weight classes but all have the larger. I'm considering dropping the larger classes and focusing on the smaller.</span></p><p><span style="color:#000080;">

-May have over marketed first show. Marketed as basic regional. This costs me $40,000 over the month. Nearly all my finances.</span></p><p> </p><p>

Notable Results:</p><p>

Pancrase 262 – Shintaro Ishiwatari defeats Shoko Sato by KO to retain Batnamweight title.</p><p>

Pancrase 262 – Ryo Kawamura defeats Ikkei Nagamura by UD to retain Middleweight title.</p><p>

Invicta 11 – Ayaka Hamasaki defeats Katja Kankaanpaa by UD to win Strawweight title in huge upset.</p><p>

UCMMA 41 – Jamie Hearn defeats Przmyslaw Mysiala by KO to win Light Heavyweight title.</p><p>

UCMMA 41 – Darren Towler defeats Ashley Pollard by KO to retain Heavyweight title.</p><p>

Bellator 132 – Jozette Cotton upset Marloes Coenen by KO to win Women's Featherweight title.</p><p>

Bellator 132 – Stephan Bonnar defeats Tito Ortiz by UD.</p><p>

One FC Loaded – Brandon Vera defeats Alain Ngalani by KO to win Heavyweight title.</p><p>

One FC Loaded – Roger Gracie defeats James McSweeney by Sub to win Light Heavyweight title.</p><p>

M-1 54 – Daniel Madrid defeats Daniel Tabera by Armbar to win Welterweight title.</p><p>

M-1 54 – Musa Khamanaev defeats Mikhail Malyutin by Guillotine to retain Lightweight title.</p><p> </p><p>

Notable News:</p><p>

Tito Ortiz announced retirement after his most recent loss to Stephen Bonnar</p><p> </p><p>

First show will be posted around 5 eastern time today. Anyone else wanting to make predictions have until then!</p>

Roc 50

Everyone made weight. Things are ready. I've found a local band of teenagers to play for cheap. Can't afford too much on the line of a show, so I hope the fighters provide it.

ROC 50

2/6/15 – New Jersey

Joe Coca - Standing in the cage “Good Evening and welcome to ROC 50. I'm glad everyone could make it for a great night of fights. Tonight you'll be seeing the best of up and coming fighters in the country and some great veterans battle it out. 3 titles are on the line tonight for your enjoyment. Without further adeu, future superstar rock band No Curr will perform the national anthem.

Note to self: Remind guitarest he is no Jimi Hendrix

Lightweight Bout

Danilo Cherman (9-4) vs. “The Joker” Luiz Azeredo (15-10)

Round 1

The two BJJ tacticians look to keep this a standing battle. There was some sloppy striking throughout. The favorite Cherman is my choice in the first 10-9.

Round 2

The same as Round 1. Not a very exciting fight from my stand point. I'll give this one to Azeredo though 10-9.

Round 3

Much the same as the rest of the fight...that is until Cherman clinches and forced Azerdo against the cage. Cherman shows good control and brutalizes Azeredo until the horn sounds. I see it as 10-9 Cherman and the decision victory.

Official Decision – Danilo Cherman defeats Luiz Azeredo by UD (

Featherweight Bout

“El Gallo Negro” Guillermo Serment (4-9) vs. Jacob Kirwan (9-5)

Round 1

Another standing battle. I'll give it to Kirwan 10-9.

Round 2

Much the same as round 1 beyond an errant eye poke. Kirwan is ahead 20-18 in my books.

Round 3

Serment lands a take down on Kirwan and looks to finish with ground and pound. As he tries to pass, Kirwan scrambles and ends up on top with around a minute left, where the fight ends. I'll give this to Serment but the fight to Kirwan.

Official Decision – Jacob Kirwan defeats Guillermo Serment by UD (

Flyweight Bout

Jimmy Grant (5-3) vs. Sean “Shorty Rock” Santella (13-4-1)

Round 1

Jimmy grant hits a left jab, right hook combo with about 2 minutes left. He rocked Sean and followed up with another right to knock him down!. Jimmy pounced and tried to finish with ground and pound, but Santella fought him off. Jimmy tried an Americana towards the end of the round but couldn't finish that either. Grant definitely won that round, i'll give him 10-9. The most exciting round of the night in my opinion.

Round 2

Jimmy's striking clinic continues as he hits a spinning back fist to knock down Sean! He follows up and is landing some huge shots. Santella taps out due to the onslaught. What a finish by Jimmy Grant!

Official Decision – Jimmy Grant defeats Sean Santella by Sub (strikes)

Heavyweight bout

Chris “The Big Buck” Birchler (5-0) vs. J.A. Dudley (5-11)

Round 1

Birchler forces Dudley against the cage where they are in a stalemate. Herb Dean seperates them. Birchler picks up Dudley and hits a huge slam! He works to improve position but time expires before he can make anything from it. I give it to Birchler 10-9.

Round 2

Birchler hits another huge slam and spends a few minutes trying to improve position. He works to mount and starts hitting some big blows. Dudley sensing the danger scrambles and time runs out on the round. I have Birchler 20-18.

Round 3

Birchler gases but still manages to land a late takedown to take this round. 30-27 in my book.

Official Decision – Chris Birchler defeats J.A. Dudley via UD (30-27 x3)

Main Card

Featherweight Title Bout

Andre Harrison (8-0) defends against Deividas Taurosevicius (15-5)

Round 1

Deividas is definitely the agressor. He pushes forward the whole round and throws a lot of leather. Harrison doesn't do much. 10-9 Deividas.

Round 2

Harrison seems to have changed his game plan. He keeps Deividas close and dirty boxes in the clinch. He lands a take down but doesn't do much damage. Deividas throws up a pair of armbar attempts but they're defended easily. 19-19.

Round 3

Half the round is spent against the cage with Harrison executing his game plan. Deividas is able to keep distance for the second half of the round and throws some punches. Harrison lands a late takedown and steals the round, 29-28 Harrison.

Round 4

Deividas starts the round boxing but is taken down by Harrison. Harrison looks to be using some Lay n' Pray right now. The champ and underdog in this fight is up 39-37.

Round 5

Deividas manages to keep the fight on the feet the whole round. He's definitely winning the exchanges. Harrison ties him up mid round on the cage for more clinch fighting. Deividas takes this round but not the fight 48-47.

Official Decision – Andre Harrison retains over Deividas Taurosevicius by UD (49-46 x2, 48-47)

Lightweight Bout

Phillipe “Super” Nover (9-5-1) vs. Andy Main (6-1-1NC)

Round 1

The underdog Main hits a takedown almost immediately and they spend the first 4 minutes there. Nover throws up two triangle attempts but neither stick. They stand and box for the last minute. Main 10-9

Round 2

Nover keeps this round on the feet. He is the aggressor and does most of the damage. Main is counter pumching but not very effectively. Nover ties it at 19-19.

Round 3

Main wins the round and the match with another early takedown. He throws a lot of leather but not much hits.

Official Decision Andy Main upsets Phillipe Nover by UD (29-28 x3)

Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Anton “El Terrible” Talamantes (5-4) defends against Jamal “The Suit” Patterson (6-3)

Round 1

Patterson hits a right uppercut that drops the champ. He ends up in side control trying to finish. Patterson throws multiple different submissions at the champ but none stick. 10-9 Patterson.

Round 2

Talamantes hits an early take down but Patterson uses it to get a Guillotene choke! It looks deep but Patterson can't finish and he lets it go. Talamantes works on the Ground n' Pound and Patterson looks for submissions. Round ends and the champ ties it up 19-19.

Round 3

Talamantes controls the beginning of the round forcing Patterson against the cage with dirty boxing. Talamantes hits a take down and looks to lay n' pray. Patterson scrambles and ends up on top! He can't do anything with it though. The champ is up 29-28.

Round 4

The round starts with with some boxing. Talamantes lands most of the strikes. Talamentes gets in the clinch against the fence again. He throws a short elbow that cuts Patterson. With about 30 seconds in the round, Patterson escapes the clinch and Herb Dean calls timeout. The doctor is ok with the cut and they start again. Patterson hits a straight right down the pipe to knock down Talamantes but he's saved by the bell. Still 10-9 for Talamantes.

Round 5

Talamantes keeps Patterson against the cage the whole round and takes it 10-9 and the bout 49-46.

Official Decision – Anton Talamantes retains against Jamal Patterson by UD (49-46 x2, 48-47)

Main Event

Welterweight Title Bout

Elijah “The Hero” Harshbarger (6-4) defends vs. Pete “Drago” Sell (10-6)

Round 1

Sell is the aggressor and Harshbarger counter punches. Sell hits a jab, right hook combo! The champ is down and out cold! What a job by Pete Sell, the new champion!

Official Decision – Pete Sell defeats Elijah Harshbarger by KO. Sell wins the Welterweight Title.

-236 fans attended and we pulled in $19,824 at the gate.

-Critical Rating: 72% - Commercial Rating: 41%

-Popularity Increased by 0.9%

-Pete Sell won the KO of the Night

-Talamentes vs. Patterson won Fight of the Night

Post Fight Press Conference:

Pete Sell is excited to have such a dominating victory and to hold the championship. He says it's a huge career boost.

Harshbarger said two words, “I'm embarrassed”

Talamentes complimented his opponent. “He had me in a few bad spots. I'm happy my training allowed me to fend of his submissions and I was able to take the victory.

Harrison says he is disappointed in his performance but happy to retain the title.

Birchler says, “I'm 6-0 baby, I'm ready to prove i'm the baddest man in this company.

Jimmy Grant is happy to get his career back on track. “I've worked hard to turn things around. Hopefully something clicked and everyone will see more highlight reel knockouts.

Deividas Taurosevicius announced his retirement. The 37 year old finished his career at 15-7.

Joe Coca made an annoucnement. “ROC 51 will be coming in mid March! Expect another night like this, full of great fights and exciting action!”

Post Fight Notes:

I may have bit off more then I can chew. New Jersey is regulated and requires drug tests. Those cost more than my profit for the night. I'm in big trouble financially.

My ratings were great. We put on a good show. None of the fights were terrible and the main card came through.

I'm $20,000 in the hole due to my mistake on promotion and drug tests.

Pete Sell defeats Elijah Harshbarger by KO

Anton Talamantes defeats Jamal Patterson by UD

Andy Main defeats Phillipe Nover by UD

Andre Harrison defeats Deividas Taurosevicius by UD

Chris Birchler defeats J.A. Dudley by UD

Jimmy Grant defeats Sean Santella by Submission (Strikes)

Jacob Kirwan defeats Guillermo Serment by UD

Danilo Cherman defeats Luiz Azeredo by UD

Good work LeBlancX, 6-2!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived