Selecting Team to coach

First off, I just purchased this game and I am in the process of getting comfortible with it. It has been a very addictive game to the dismay of my wife. While I am learning the game, I was wondering how you go about selecting a team to start coaching in the beginning? Do you select your favorite school or alma mater? Do start at a lower tier school and hope to work your way up to a national power? I am not sure what I will do, but I am interested in what you do. By the way for those of you who write the dynasties, keep it up. Based on what I was reading really pushed me to purchase this game. Thanks.

I always start as low tier, never had any fun with any sport game playing with the best teams. I enjoy way more rebuilding than winning it all, in fact when i win too much in a game i change teams fast to a worse one. You can also use this little tool i programmed for an extra challenge: [url="http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/randteam/index.php"]Random team selector for BBCF[/url] There you can get a fully random team or a random one in a selected conference or/and with a selected prestige. Also added some extra info like the the conference average prestige.

I've always enjoyed building a program myself, it makes finally winning a conference title a very big deal. (Still waiting.....) There's two ways of going about that, sticking with one school while it grows, or taking new job offers to work your way up to bigger schools.

Guest ggyoun0
The ramdomizer is pretty cool--can you make one for TCB as well. There are many more teams so it may taken longer to pull it off. As for my two cents--I always start with my alma mater, then my next team are schools I have some connection (I grew up in Kentucky so there are only a few regional teams).

[QUOTE=ggyoun0]The ramdomizer is pretty cool--can you make one for TCB as well. There are many more teams so it may taken longer to pull it off. [/QUOTE] Good idea, yes, will program one in the following days.

Archived