Best way to play if you don't have much time...

Bowl Bound is a great game, no doubt. However, in my season of life, I don't have a ton of time to play it.

Are there any strategies or ways of playing that you have found that allows you to have some control/impact over your team without spending hours changing gameplans and fiddling over every little number?

Or to put it this way - what should I focus on if I only have a limited amount of time to play?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here's what I do to save some time.

Aside from just simming everything, there are a few other things you can do to speed up gameplay, I usually choose whether act as the OC and let the team's DC call all the defensive plays.

I don't do any defensive game planning, that's left up to the DC. For that reason you want a DC who is rated well at that.

Since I am going to call the offensive plays, I don't set up a game plan within the game. What I do is look at the game log from my opponent's last game. I note which plays worked well against them and plan on using them myself, if they match the kind of offense I run. For example, if my opponent appears to be vulnerable to the short pass flanker outs using the Pro Set formation, I'll plan on using that play in short passing situations.

When on offense, I set the play by play speed at "very fast." But when on defense I set it as "fast forward." This moves things along very quickly. You can always slow it down if you want to.

When a game gets out of hand, say I'm down by 30 with ten minutes left, I'll often click "exit game," which sims the rest of the game and ends my agony.

If I know I'm in total rebuilding mode for a season I'll sim a lot of it, especially if I get off to a bad start and I'm out of the conference race.

I find recruiting to be the most time consuming part of the game. It's possible to delegate that to assistants, but I find it so much fun that I always do it myself, no matter how mad it makes me when I'm a recruit's top choice until he suddenly signs with my rival.

Archived