WMMA3 and TEW2010 released on Steam!

• 1 month later...

Hi selekeurti84,

Steam is available for PC/Mac/Linux but games on the Steam platform will only work on the platforms they have been released for.

So TEW2010 and WMMA3 is PC only.

There are ways you can play PC titles on Mac:

Using Wine (free): http://www.easypctutorials.com/windows-steam-on-mac-wineskin/

Using CrossOver (costs £38): https://www.codeweavers.com/products/

Using Parallels or VMWare (about £60 + you need a Windows installation)

Using Boot Camp on Mac (You need a Windows installation)

None of these are supported by GDS mind you, but I have used the above before without any problems, for the Steam titles and the latest GDS ones too.

• 1 month later...

It's gone pretty well. The initial release was great for the first month, but sales have tapered off a bit since. We are hoping for a nice push based on the current 75% promotion.

From a business standpoint, we made the decision to use a publisher for Steam. It had some pretty big advantages for us (no greenlight needed, they did a lot of the marketing items, they did the wrapper/install development and we can take part in more sales/events). However, we make a much lower % off sales on Steam than we do from the site. So, I wouldn't expect new releases to go right to Steam anytime soon, but we do plan on getting more and more games on there down the road (even the latest version of a few titles).

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Consiglieri" data-cite="Consiglieri" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39404" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think it´s sad that WMMA4 is not at steam, but if I buy it on here, will I then get a Steam code, when it comes out on steam, or do I then have to also buy it there?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> While likely, unfortunately that's not something we would be able to guarantee until a deal is in place to publish WMMA4.</p>

Archived