[Hype] Romance of the THree Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors Mod

LORE

The Han empire has fallen in the year 184. A rebellion known as the "Yellow Turban Rebellion" has plagued China as their leader, Zhang Jiao, is looking to restore the country in his Taoism ways. He Jin, leader of the Han army, will take on this threat in the beginning of the separation of China. Many kingdoms will rise and you will have to align yourself to one side to restore all of China! From The Three Kingdoms to Meng Huo's army, you will have the opportunity to recreate many of the famous officers from this time period.

HOW?

-Due to the complications of TEW being a wrestling game simulator I will do my best to use the companies to represent kingdoms. The larger kingdoms (Wei, Wu, and Shu) will be held at National rankings while smaller kingdom, such as Gongsun, will be local/regional.

-I am unsure of when I will have this done but, I plan on having this be as historically accurate as possible.

-The images I will use come from the ROTK/Dynasty Warriors games.

-If you wish to help me out in anyway, my skype is vtechguy12.

-Depending on the kingdom will depend on their product. (Three Kingdoms will be more sports entertainment like while Meng Huo could be garbage deathmatch)

-Angles will certainly have real life events such as strategems from the battle of Chi Bi, Coalition against Yellow Turbans, etc)

-Matches will be either imported from another database (with permission), made up on the spot to represent realistic battles, or both.

-TV networks will be the names of ranks within an army.

-PPV carriers will be named after Emperors.

-I plan on having agers.

-Eras will be present

-I plan on stopping the database once Jin restores China.

-Expect more to be added here as much as possible in terms of information.

-The game will start in 2184. Please pretend there is just an invisible 2 in front of the true date :)

-Japan will be representing China.

BACKGROUND:

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Dominic_Rybolt/ROTK%20Background_zpsublnztwk.jpg

I've played with the idea of doing a limited mod based on the Rot3K for a long time. My version would have been only loosely based, set in the US with promotions on the various groups from the novel and wrestlers/staff with English names loosely based on the character's Chinese name (Cao Cao would have been Cameron Cowl, Lu Bu would've been Louie Blu, etc.).

I think it would work fine for a mod based on Dynasty Warriors, as there are fewer groups involved. The reason I was going with the US was so I could lay out the Promotions in the same general area as the Kingdoms were in China.

Are there any user characters you would want to play as? I was thinking about Sun Tzu, Laozi, John Woo, Confucius, and Jackie Chan.

The mod I never knew I wanted....would love to sign as a beta tester!!!

You could throw the 3 kingdoms in America and have the Samarai Warriors in there real life spots in Japan. I'm licking my chops on this one...

Edit: Wanted to add to this... there are some officers that never were hands on but just leaders themselves. I would think Road Agents would be the best for this type. Or you could reserve that role for Strategists but I see the hands off guys would be the best role they could play.

The mod I never knew I wanted....would love to sign as a beta tester!!!

You could throw the 3 kingdoms in America and have the Samarai Warriors in there real life spots in Japan. I'm licking my chops on this one...

Edit: Wanted to add to this... there are some officers that never were hands on but just leaders themselves. I would think Road Agents would be the best for this type. Or you could reserve that role for Strategists but I see the hands off guys would be the best role they could play.

Thanks for wanting to beta test. :)

My ultimate goal is release different "scenarios" to play as. The first, which would be a Global vs Global battle between Han & Yellow Turban Rebellion, would be to introduce the characters.

Most people want mod to be set in America and I think that's my plan going forward now.

I'm not too knowledgeable about the history of Samurai Warriors other than when I played Orochi with a friend a couple of years ago.

That seems like a good idea to go with by having the "known" major strategists (Zhuge Liang, Xu You, Lu Xun, Sima Yi, Zhou Yu?)as road agents/announcers/managers. My idea for the referees is still up in the air though. I might just use some of the create a warrior pics as referees/announcers.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Dominic_Rybolt/Guo%20Jia_zpss8afj9re.jpg

Here's a picture of Guo Jia for the douches giving me 1 star.

I've been playing both games and have read the translated novel so I might be a good resource to bounce ideas off if you ever need them but yea I am pumped for this one.

The book is LONG! My skype is vtechguy12 if you ever want to bounce ideas. I don't know what anyone else was thinking for titles but I was planning on using historical items such as (Red Hare, Imperial Seal, etc) to hold prestige.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't skype at all....I guess it's a paranoia thing. But can do this through PM's and the red hare thing would be cool but you have to have the Imperial Seal as the main event title or a royal rumble type title that gives you a shot at the championship.

• 4 weeks later...

As a big fan from both the Dynasty and Samurai Warrior line of games, I am hyped for this.

There is a bunch of "lower level guys" you can use to pad the free workers, and you should add smaller factions as smaller companies, like the Yuan Shao army could probably fill a mid tier company on their own, Lu Bu could easily have his own company with Lu Linqi, Diao Chan and Chen Gong sitting at the top, Dong Zhuo could have his own as well and so on and so forth.

Almost every single leader type character has a full army of supporters you could get from the wiki to expand the mod greatly.

Archived