Anybody who has experience with writing Screenplays

TheWrestlingMan

Hello, I was wondering if any of you have had any experience writing a screenplay for a TV Show/Movie and if so can I run my format, style, ect by you after I get going on my first one?

My major in college was visual communications so I was required to write a screenplay or two here and there so if you have any questions don't hesitate to send them my way.

Hello, I was wondering if any of you have had any experience writing a screenplay for a TV Show/Movie and if so can I run my format, style, ect by you after I get going on my first one?

My advice would be to start working in something at least close to the right format. Find a film with a good script and see if its script is available online, then use its format as a guide. Be aware that some scripts you find online are shooting scripts, which have more camera positions, choreography, and technical detail than a spec script. Unless you're planning on shooting your thing yourself, you want a spec script, which doesn't include that information, and is generally a bit shorter.

Just clicking around, here's the script for the Incredibles: http://screenplayexplorer.com/wp-content/scripts/The-Incredibles.pdf

Archived