Sim Sports Global

A bit off-topic, but I wanted guys here to have an early look since a handful of the leagues plan to use software from Grey Dog:

http://www.simsportsglobal.com

Sim Sports Global is a simulated sports universe--using all of our favorite sports sim software--that will simulate all major professional sports and also amateur leagues on a yearly calendar, day-to-day. Members can join as many or as few leagues as they want, or can even follow the universe as a spectator only.

We are starting with the football season this fall, but are currently in the recruiting phase for all sports. We're also looking for some folks who'd be interested in leading as commissioners. Check out the forums for more discussion on some of the topics at-hand.

While I'm still working on things, I wanted to give folks here the chance to take the site for a test run. I'm hoping the concept is of interest to a lot you, and I wanted to show it to "select audiences" for now to catch any issues before moving too fast, etc.

Other planned additions:

Badging achievement system

Seeking programmer to convert BBCF draft classes to FOF

We're currently taking applications for the BBCF league that will start with training camp about a month and a half before games kick off this fall. The game database has been modded to a modern setup that will best represent the 2015 season and beyond.

Feedback welcomed and appreciated.

We're finishing off recruiting for our daily sim baseball league which will start this Sunday and play catch-up to the real life MLB schedule.

SSG rescued a daily baseballl sim that had the commissioner bail 3 weeks into the season, so we bumped our baseball league start date up by about a year!

You can access more information from the http://www.simsportsglobal.com page and navigating to the SSG Baseball league info page. There you will also find a link to our application for league membership. There is also more info about SSG itself below.

Here are the available teams:

Rockies

Tigers

Astros

Brewers

Phillies

Giants

Cardinals

Rays

Rangers

• 3 months later...

<p>I hope it's a bit of a testament to our first year league that the last opening we've had was back in May, but nevertheless, we have the Tampa Bay Rays available.</p><p> </p><p>

SSG Baseball (<a href="http://www.simsportsglobal.com" rel="external nofollow">http://www.simsportsglobal.com</a>) is a real-time sim league that coincides with the other major professional and college sports on a revolving yearly calendar. </p><p> </p><p>

We have a GREAT and active group thus far, and an interactive website that lets you easily post articles about your team and the league. Check us out, and if you're interested in the Rays or even a college football team (the other league we're actively recruiting), please fill out applications for each (they are different).</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for checking us out. I know there are a lot of great leagues out there to choose from, so I appreciate you giving us a bit of your interest.</p>

• 3 months later...

I wanted to share our "Holiday Newsletter" with you all as it pertains too to anyone looking to get involved in a new sim league this holiday season!

Happy Holidays

First, I wanted to take this moment to wish you all a happy holiday season. This past year has been truly enjoyable, I’m grateful for the experiences we’ve had with these leagues, and I look forward to another great year in 2016 with you all!

SSG Fulfills Vision of 6 Major Leagues

When SSG first started, my goal was to have sim leagues for all four major US professional sports and the two major NCAA sports. In less than 12 months we’ve now achieved that! Below is an update on each SSG league. If you’re looking to get into any other leagues, we have openings in every single league aside from SSG Baseball. Applications are on the website, and we can definitely get you any team you’d like.

League Overviews

SSG Baseball

We’re currently in the offseason after the Dodgers beat the Red Sox in a 7 game World Series in which the Red Sox fell a game short of a 4-game comeback. Johnny Cueto has signed with the Atlanta Braves which has been the biggest offseason signing to date.

SSG College Football

The Heisman Trophy winner has been announced, and today we’ll be simming the Conference Championship games. We’ll then head into Bowl Season which will be followed by the offseason, recruiting, etc. Now is a GREAT time to get into this league, and I would recommend Bowl Bound College Football (on Steam!) to anyone who is a true fan of the game and wants to experience what it’s like being in charge of a college football program. With EA’s NCAA football game no longer on the market, BBCF is the best option (and far more realistic).

We are accepting applications for ANY teams, so you’re no longer limited to our original 3 conferences.

SSG Pro Football

Now that Front Office Football 7.2 has been released, we’re starting our catch-up schedule this week. We have plenty of teams still available, and I cannot speak highly enough of the FOF software—it’s hands down the best sports simulation on the market. While it may not be as pretty as Football Manager or OOTP, it’s an incredible game.

SSG Hockey

This league continues to run smoothly thanks to the help of assistant commissioner Jeff Copeland. FHM2 has proven to be a far better experience than its predecessor, and we have a handful of openings in this league. Like other SSG leagues, the community in this league is very enjoyable and helpful, and is our most diverse group of guys spanning all parts of the globe.

SSG Pro Basketball

This league is filling up faster than another other SSG league! We just published the application earlier this week, and commissioner Don Lookingbill is finalizing the catch-up schedule to get us in-line with the real life NBA. SSGPBB uses Fast Break Pro Basketball 3 (Grey Dog Software), and will be getting underway soon!

SSG College Basketball

Another league headed by Don Lookingbill, SSGCBB is in the midst of early-season recruiting and will be starting actual games soon. From what I’ve read in the chat, it sounds like recruiting has been a blast!

Software

If access to the software is standing in the way of you getting involved in other leagues, Steam is usually running deals during the holidays, so treat yourself! Besides, giving back to these sim companies—who are almost always of the small business type—really helps them out, thus helps communities like us out. SSG is 100% free, and I’d much rather our money go toward the folks who design the games we enjoy. Heck, I usually buy the new software even if I don’t end up using it!

Thanks for being part of our community, and I’ll see you all in the chats and on the forum!

Archived