TNA - Back From The Dead.....Again.

(NOTE: This is using the Fleisch Real World mod for May 2015 with a couple of slight tweaks by myself. Mostly the tweaks were to create the scenario for my story as you'll see.)

So as it turned out I had recently come into a vast amount of money. Using this money I had spent the last few months over in America, getting myself known behind the scenes in wrestling organisations and making contacts.

It had recently come to light that Destination America were unhappy with TNA and were not renewing come September this year. TNA had scrambled to make some sort of statement which basically said a lot of nothing and behind the scenes a lot were thinking the writing was on the wall this time.

Having been a longtime admirer of a lot of TNA talents and also someone with funds to spare, I had made it my business to talk to Bob and Janice Carter about potentially buying TNA altogether as my own. Eventually I sat down with the two and put over my intentions and offer for the company. During the timeframe of my negotiations and coming into the meeting, TNA and Destination America had been unable to keep the leaked news of cancellation at bay and when a massive falling out occurred between both sides over all this, the result was TNA was off the station as of NOW. This played right into my hands for negotiating for the company as right at this moment the company was dead in the water with no television going on. The deals across into the overseas markets had also fallen into crisis and stopped due to the original problems with Destination America and where that left the company, so there was literally no television to speak of. All that remained were the contracted talents and PPV agreements which left Sacrifice coming up in just over two weeks time.

Without going into long and boring discussions, the overall result of the negotiations were that I had bought all TNA properties from The Carter Family and Panda Energy. I now took sole ownership of all contracted talents and the company itself. Bob Carter was desperate to sell after all the shenanigans over the years and bleeding money but he was incredibly stubborn over keeping Dixie employed. Eventually I managed to convince him to sell under the provision that whilst Dixie would be accountable and employed by me, I would do my best to keep her involved wherever necessary. I had the ultimate choice on what happened with her, but I was pretty certain I'd use her either on or off screen.

After all this I made my way to head offices and sat myself down to make a hell of a lot of tough decisions. I wanted to go through the entire roster carefully and make changes that I deemed were essential. This would be a full reboot of the company, but after many of those from the previous poor regime I knew I would not have much chance or very long to convince fans that this one was real and would turn out positive in the long run.

Thankfully everyone was on a pay-per-appearance contract due to the company being stuck with no television so the talents could all work elsewhere whilst TNA tried to determine the next step. This made it easy for me to ditch anyone that I deemed dead wood without it costing me money. I figured I would be looking to bring back a few major names to the company, bring in some new ones over time and keep some that I already had inherited. But I also thought about changing some gimmicks and names maybe. I wanted a full fresh start and this was also the reason why I vacated all the titles so that the first shows under my watch would create the new champions somehow. I had also decided to reinstate the Television Title too.

My next steps were to get into immediate negotiations with a television network. As it stood Sacrifice would still air on PPV in a couple of weeks so that would most likely be the big re-introduction, but I needed a TV deal in place too. I had a name in mind straight away and entered into negotiations with them but did not want the news getting out until I knew more.

My next step after that will be to go through every single person on the roster and make any changes I think are necessary. Some will stay, some will go. I will extend deals of those I want and let go any I don't. I'm also going to contact some names to see who I want to bring in and get most of it sorted straight away. For once everything will start over, fresh and 100% reborn. The new TNA is finally coming...

Archived