Hi all,

I'm a relative noob who's been trying to get into TEW 2005 for quite some time and recently I've started eying CZCW as a neat starting spot. There is, however, a problem that's bugging me.

CZCW are supposed to be a Hybrid promo. From what I can read in the game, that's a promotion that concentrates on realistic in-ring action and that doesn't really have much place for entertaining angles and styles such as cruiserweight. So why the heck is half their roster high flyers (in contrast to 0 technicians)? Isn't that totally counterproductive? I guess there's an in-universe reason for that and I'd really love to know it, as it seems weird that they managed to survive with a roster that clashes with the nature of their product. Or maybe the dissonance isn't as big as I think?

For my part, I think I'm gonna try CZCW in freestyle mode, switching them to Cutting Edge. That way I'll be able to utilize their talent much better. Do you, senior [compared to me] forumers, think that's a good idea?

• 1 month later...
I like the CZCW roster a lot, but Hybrid doesn't really fit the style. It is more suited to Cutting Edge or even Traditional. That being said, you can still put on decent shows with the roster you have. If it's not a straight street fight or MMA match, it'll still be fine. That being said, Billy Russell is a good pick-up for your promotion once you have enough money, and Frankie Perez should also be one of your main guys. However, I've also had success building the promotion around Fox Mask, and bringing in American Elemental.

CZCW is more of a modern style, which is a fast paced style with spectacular moves. It's exciting ring work at its finest. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that a certain style of worker won't fit in, so in a way, Hybrid does explain the CZCW product the best, as it broadcasts Technical, High Flying and Realistic work.

To get the best out of the 2005 roster, I guess switching to a Cutting Edge would make more sense. Personally, I'd be against changing product unless you came up with a situation on which you were the owner, but again, this is your game and you should play it as you wish.

Archived