Hybrid Wrestling Syndicate: A new force in North American Wrestling

It's January 2006 and WWE remains the undisputed king of wrestling worldwide and in North America specifically. However, TNA is gradually gaining popularity and has a loyal fanbase and good enough talent level to catch up to the WWE. However, this infrastructure was about to change. Former TNA booker Matt Lang was dismissed from the promotion uncerimoniously after mouthing off to the upper management on how predictable TNA was becoming. Every week was expected to be the same, Samoa Joe squash, 6 man X division tag, 30 min Jeff Jarrett promo, Abyss squashing a jobber, pointless storylines, etc... Matt Lang assumed that his career as a booker, which he had worked so hard on achieving, was over. However, what was to come next he could never have expected. On January 17th, at about 11:00 PM, the phone at Matt Lang's small apartment, which he had been spending an extended amount of time in lately, rang. On the other end of the line was Lance Storm, a wrestler who Lang had always been impartial to. To his surprise, Lance was calling to commend him on speaking up against TNA and WWE, and offered him a spot as head booker on Storm's new promotion, Hybrid Wrestling Syndicate. Lang was skeptical, asking storm what kind of talent would be involved, and where the promotion would be active. Storm said that he had come to verbal agreements with 26 workers, including Yoshihiro Tajiri and Ken Shamrock. Storm said straight up that the talent he had recruited was older, and that a big part of keeping this dream alive was recruiting new talent. Lang said he was up to the job and thus the promotion was born. The debut show was heavily hyped and shown on DISH network PPV, featuring a main event of Kensuke Sasaki vs. Lance Storm in an amazingly stiff and technically sound match. By the beginning of February 2006, HWS had gained a cult following rivaling TNA in popularity, but still having a small, old roster. HWS also was able to secure a TV show on FSN airing Wednesday nights at 9:30. One thing was certain, the wrestling scene in North America was at war.

Current Roster New Jack Ebessan Necro Butcher Halloween Damien 666 "Sick" Nick Mondo (convinced to unretire to attract CZW fans) Supreme Bison Smith Kenzo Suzuki Kensuke Sasaki Charlie Haas Chuck Palumbo Frankie Kazarian Yoshihiro Tajiri Lance Storm Daniel Puder Ken Shamrock Joey Legend Julio Dinero Chris Hamrick D'lo Brown Alicia Webb Joy Giovanni Goldylocks Kevin Kelly-announcer Tito Ortiz-color commentary *in addition to great puro style wrestling, HWS hopes to boast a solid garbage/hardcore division as a sort of novelty* I'll post my first card tomorrow, this promotion runs as a hybrid style promotion so face/heel is pretty much irrelevant. I need some more tag-teams and some younger wrestlers who work a strong style, I'm thinking about signing Jay Lethal as my first signing as head booker but any other suggestions are welcome.

Archived