How to Dynasty?

Guest TomTEWFAN

Guest TomTEWFAN
I am thinking of making a dynasty , but I'm not sure how I would go about it , example what software do you use for pictures , logos , write -ups etc?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for asking this question. It would be great to see some of the more vetran writers spread some advice to new diary writers like you and me. I have been doing this for a few months now and can offer some advice. For pictures I use Photobucket, I started with Imgur but the organization in the program sucks and Photobucket is quite better. When it comes to write ups, I first write all the promos and matches on word then copy and paste onto a blank template of RAW, Smackdown, ECW etc. Once I have the matches and promos in I copy and paste onto the forums. Gimp and
are the two programs I use to edit and make logos and wrestler cuts. Any other questions be sure to ask.
:D

Guest TomTEWFAN

Thanks for asking this question. It would be great to see some of the more vetran writers spread some advice to new diary writers like you and me. I have been doing this for a few months now and can offer some advice. For pictures I use Photobucket, I started with Imgur but the organization in the program sucks and Photobucket is quite better. When it comes to write ups, I first write all the promos and matches on word then copy and paste onto a blank template of RAW, Smackdown, ECW etc. Once I have the matches and promos in I copy and paste onto the forums. Gimp and
are the two programs I use to edit and make logos and wrestler cuts. Any other questions be sure to ask.
:D

First off I love your dynasties. Thanks for the reply , but I am still a bit confused , so do you use PhotoBucket for worker pics , and titles and logos? Secondly there are templates of Raw and Smackdown!? Lastly do you just get the pictures and put them where needed for write - ups on the forums?

First off I love your dynasties. Thanks for the reply , but I am still a bit confused , so do you use PhotoBucket for worker pics , and titles and logos? Secondly there are templates of Raw and Smackdown!? Lastly do you just get the pictures and put them where needed for write - ups on the forums?

Thanks for that Tom. I upload worker pics, titles and logos all to Photobucket. The templates that I am talking about are made by me. I think other writers do this to save time. When you have your image uploaded to Photobucket. You click on the image and go to this screen:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30/The_CoC/Tutorial_zpsi3m2tt1x.jpg

There is a direct link in the top right under share links you want to click on that. Once you do that it will copy the url for you. You come back to your diary and click the image button or enter the following "
El%20Genrico%20etc.
". Put the link in the middle of that and you should have your image on your diary. Any other questions or query's be sure to ask. OLE!

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30/The_CoC/WWE%20Diary/2009/ROH/El%20Generico%20ROH%2099_zpsh8lwmope.jpg

Guest TomTEWFAN
Maybe I'm retarded , I clicked the El Generico link clicked shared links , click on IMG it copied the link came back to here pressed reply but i saw no Image button, unless you mean download the img file and press attach files.

Guest TomTEWFAN
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30/The_CoC/WWE%20Diary/2009/ROH/El%20Generico%20ROH%2099_zpsh8lwmope.jpg

Guest TomTEWFAN
Yeah! One more question regarding images , the link popped up , will it eventually appear or do people have to click on the link to see the image?

Guest TomTEWFAN
Ok , to explain it better , either my internet is REALLY slow , because when I clicked on your ( WWE LEGACY) Dynasty the pictures didn't appear they all just were link leading to the picture on photobucket.

Guest TomTEWFAN
That's fine . I will just go over the process to make sure I am right. Go on Photobucket to get worker images , belts etc. - edit those pictures to your liking- write up promos etc on Google Docs , Word etc-Paste onto Forums. Am I right?

That's fine . I will just go over the process to make sure I am right. Go on Photobucket to get worker images , belts etc. - edit those pictures to your liking- write up promos etc on Google Docs , Word etc-Paste onto Forums. Am I right?

Yes and I think your individual User Setting was preventing you from seeing the images. If I'm not mistaken you have to go in your profile to change it. Let me experiment real quick and I will get back to you with a for sure answer to that.

Edit: Yes you hit the User CP tab in the top left corner of any forum page. You click on the options link. There is an option when you scroll down the page that says to allow images and including ones that appear in code. You want to have that box checked or you will have to click on every link to see the picture. I hope that answered your previous question.

I think me and COC started writing dynasties on the same day so I'm just as experienced as him (or lack their of). All I can say is that Real World is probably the most popular dynasties to read. Its where I cut my teeth when I first started reading them.

IMO "Imaginary" scenarios such as Cornellverse and Thunderverse are far easier to write for because there is nothing to restrict you on how to develop the characters. All you have is a short bio and a picture to go by so it's like dealing with a blank canvas.

I never tried doing a Real Word dynasty because I've always had the fear of someone firing back at me saying, "But John Cena would never turn on the kids!" or "Bret Hart would never turn his back on Canada!"

With Cornellverse you don't have that restriction because there isn't enough about the wrestlers to restrict the viewpoint of your audience.

I think me and COC started writing dynasties on the same day so I'm just as experienced as him (or lack their of). All I can say is that Real World is probably the most popular dynasties to read. Its where I cut my teeth when I first started reading them.

IMO "Imaginary" scenarios such as Cornellverse and Thunderverse are far easier to write for because there is nothing to restrict you on how to develop the characters. All you have is a short bio and a picture to go by so it's like dealing with a blank canvas.

I never tried doing a Real Word dynasty because I've always had the fear of someone firing back at me saying, "But John Cena would never turn on the kids!" or "Bret Hart would never turn his back on Canada!"

With Cornellverse you don't have that restriction because there isn't enough about the wrestlers to restrict the viewpoint of your audience.

Agree that is a fear I have aswell, yet with my current dynasty I have thrown everything against the wall and it is very much fantasy. My tip is to pick an era or mod you are interested in. Motivation is the biggest diary killer.

Agree that is a fear I have aswell, yet with my current dynasty I have thrown everything against the wall and it is very much fantasy. My tip is to pick an era or mod you are interested in. Motivation is the biggest diary killer.

I agree a hundred percent. I would not get discouraged if you seem to not have a ton of responses. Honestly feedback really helps motivation but at the same time there is a lot of people that read a ton of dynasties but only post on 2 of them.

It is very necessary to have a good presentation in my opinion. Take the time to have pics and graphics. Pretty colors can attract first time readers a lot better than just words on a page. I've blown past a lot of dynasties that I shouldn't have because the presentation didn't pop out at me.

That is very true but oddly enough just a few years ago this was a C-Verse board for the most part. There were only a handful of Real World diaries popping up and then maybe two years ago it switched.

I am the same way with RW diaries. I have wanted to do a 1987 diary for sometime (Either WWF or NWA) but I have never done so because I would probably get annoyed if people made comments about how so and so is not supposed to be written a certain way. Also, I am not crazy about having an A-show at that time because that is not how it worked back then. Even when I play personal games that annoys me because I want to run squash matches on all of my programs and not get dinged for it.:D

One point that I should bring up is falling into that trap of, "This would never have happened in the real world." I as a reader fall into it and I will give you a for instance. I remember when michgcs brought Brock back in his diary. I believe at the time Brock was still in the UFC and I thought to myself, "This will never happen because Brock will make his money in the UFC and then retire and never give wrestling a second thought." Cut to a few years later and there is Brock in the WWE again.

Also, one never knows what a wrestler does before they do it. I mean who would have thought WCW Stunning Steve Austin would turn into one of the biggest superstars in the history of the industry? I mean I was a fan of him when he was Stunning Steve Austin and I never saw his as anything else but a TV Champion level wrestler. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he would turn into Stone Cold.

I guess my point is, when doing a RW diary you can take it to places where the readers do not think it would go because stranger stuff has happened in RL.

I agree a hundred percent. I would not get discouraged if you seem to not have a ton of responses. Honestly feedback really helps motivation but at the same time there is a lot of people that read a ton of dynasties but only post on 2 of them.

It is very necessary to have a good presentation in my opinion. Take the time to have pics and graphics. Pretty colors can attract first time readers a lot better than just words on a page. I've blown past a lot of dynasties that I shouldn't have because the presentation didn't pop out at me.

Yeah if you first or third show doesn't' get more than one prediction don't worry about it. You will slowly build an audience the longer your diary goes along. I read several diary's that I don't comment on. Tell a great story and have fun and people will read.

That is very true but oddly enough just a few years ago this was a C-Verse board for the most part. There were only a handful of Real World diaries popping up and then maybe two years ago it switched.

I am the same way with RW diaries. I have wanted to do a 1987 diary for sometime (Either WWF or NWA) but I have never done so because I would probably get annoyed if people made comments about how so and so is not supposed to be written a certain way. Also, I am not crazy about having an A-show at that time because that is not how it worked back then. Even when I play personal games that annoys me because I want to run squash matches on all of my programs and not get dinged for it.:D

One point that I was thought though is falling into that trap of, "This would never have happened in the real world." I as a reader fall into it and I will give you a for instance. I remember when michgcs brought Brock back in his diary. I believe at the time Brock was still in the UFC and I thought to myself, "This will never happen because Brock will make his money in the UFC and then retire and never give wrestling a second thought." Cut to a few years later and there is Brock in the WWE again.

Also, one never knows what a wrestler does before they do it. I mean who would have thought WCW Stunning Steve Austin would turn into one of the biggest superstars in the history of the industry? I mean I was a fan of him when he was Stunning Steve Austin and I never saw his as anything else but a TV Champion level wrestler. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he would turn into Stone Cold.

I guess my point is, when doing a RW diary you can take it to places where the readers do not think it would go because stranger stuff has happened in RL.

YES! Some of my favorite diary's from Beejus's to Llyods to Final Countdown. They don't follow what happened in real life and it makes their diary's so much more appealing. It can be boring to read what happened in real life.

One point that I was thought though is falling into that trap of, "This would never have happened in the real world." I as a reader fall into it and I will give you a for instance. I remember when michgcs brought Brock back in his diary. I believe at the time Brock was still in the UFC and I thought to myself, "This will never happen because Brock will make his money in the UFC and then retire and never give wrestling a second thought." Cut to a few years later and there is Brock in the WWE again.

I've been kicking around an idea of doing a RW current WWE in the same style as my current one but haven't because of that fear.

I've been kicking around an idea of doing a RW current WWE in the same style as my current one but haven't because of that fear.

As Shia says JUST DO IT. Go balls to the wall just don't go ridiculous. If you book Chavo to beat Lesnar for the World Title, people want to know how this would happen.

YES! Some of my favorite diary's from Beejus's to Llyods to Final Countdown. They don't follow what happened in real life and it makes their diary's so much more appealing. It can be boring to read what happened in real life.

Yeah I mean I like RW diaries to be in the realm of the RW. For instance if I see the Midnight Express and the Rock 'N' Roll Express feuding in the 1980's WWF that is going to turn me off from reading a diary. Yes I know said I folks should not fall into that trap but I fall into it.

I just cannot see Dennis Condrey or Bobby Eaton in the WWF even in a fictional world because I will always say to myself that Vince would never have hired them. Stan Lane I could see because he did end up there eventually as an announcer.

Just wanted to add I understand that I just contradicted myself from what I just wrote. I mean that more when I read diaries that are based in the past, I like them to be more grounded in reality. However, any modern day RW diary I am willing to give them leeway because they are writing in more uncertain times because nobody can see the future.

Archived