[Hype] - CVerse 2017

US Scene Part One

The American Wrestling Scene has only seen more chaos erupt, with the war between the Supreme Wrestling Federation, United States Pro Wrestling and Total Championship Wrestling escalating even further. However, new competition has joined the fray. During October of 2015 Albert Thorp, following the success of his Victory Wrestling Association in Europe, set up the Victory Wrestling Association: US. The mixing pot of wrestling styles proved to be a hit as the promotion quickly impressed and became well-known as an alternative to the "big 3". Featuring a talented roster, VWAUS is catching up to Sam Strong's "land of the giants" and poses a serious threat, leading to war between the two.

Meanwhile, the International Fight Federation has been locked in a war with the Supreme Wrestling Federation since early 2016. The MMA promotion had for long never interacted with the wrestling world, catering to its own crowd since 1996. However, a takeover from Dunton Hall in December of 2015 saw the company receive massive funding and exclusive contracts. The rise of Buddy Garner in North America saw him become a huge draw as he returned from hiatus to MMA and claimed the IFF World Heavyweight Championship, a title which he has held since winning it in Summer 2015. The first shot of the war between SWF and IFF was when the IFF signed Marat Khoklov away from Supreme.

The SWF has had a torrid few years, beginning with the Marc DuBois tragedy of August 2014. Although DuBois already had a reputation for soft drug use, the world was shocked when news emerged that the "Can't Miss Prospect" had overdosed on a combination of Cocaine and Methadone. Huge reforms in drug testing followed and after an outside test, superstar Bear Bekowski was revealed to be using steroids, resulting in his immediate dismissal from the SWF. After that was the forced retirement of the SWF's biggest star of the time, Jack Bruce, following a concussion sustained in a match with Big Smack Scott during January of 2015. Next was the loss of Marat Khoklov to the IFF in 2016 and then the success of Operation Lullaby, after new signing Eve Runcord turned out to be a member of the CIA. This led to a massive fine for the SWF. Finally, the retirement of Christian Faith saw the SWF lose one of their biggest legends of their history. All of these problems have left the SWF depleted in both star quality and financial power, allowing rivals to catch up.

However, things aren't all bad for the SWF, new stars like Spencer Spade and Swoop McCarthy have begun to rise through the ranks, while Rogue, Brandon James, Valiant and Angry Gilmore have all made it to the top of the card, bringing a new era to the company. The only question is, can SWF ride out the storm or will they finally be over-taken?

US Wrestling Scene Part Two

With all the troubles SWF are facing, their arch-rivals Total Championship Wrestling haven't weakened, although it could be argued that they haven't greatly improved either. Rocky Golden left the company in April of 2016, being bought out of his contract by Albert Thorp and heading to the Victory Wrestling Association: US, as they felt they needed a headline star, Golden more than happy to take a lavish pay, causing many TCW followers to hate him. Also, Koshiro Ino has left for North of the Border Pro Wrestling, continuing his quest to travel the world and replicate his mentor Haruki Kudo.

On the positive side, Wolf Hawkins has continued his development as planned and has become an even better worker, as well as growing in popularity. Tommy Cornell is enjoying the last few years of his prime and a new project was started towards the end of 2016, the TCW Youth Initiative. With many members of the roster like Bryan Vessey and Brent Hill in decline and close to retirement, the company are beginning to look for the next generation of TCW stars, with the signings of Greg Gauge and Matthew Keith being completed on Boxing Day, after they were convinced by their father Sam Keith to head to TCW over the SWF.

Meanwhile, United States Pro Wrestling has continued to sign workers who look more impressive than they really are, although it can be said they are at least trying to find decent in-ring workers as well, with Beast Bantom and Hell's Bouncer to replace the retiring Giant Redwood. As well as this, the Women's Division has become an even more exciting part of the company, with a Working Agreement with the Angel Athletic Association giving them permission to sign up Sara Marie York and Joanne Rodriguez to PPA agreements, with more signings expected to come. Despite all these positives, the USPW product is still yet to chance and many don't know how long the Ageing Sam Strong can keep going. As well as this, Albert Thorp's VWAUS is impressing with its new style and threatening USPW's position of third best wrestling company in the world.

Hey all! Now that that is finished, I'll just tell you a bit about what's going on. So my aim for this mod is to create a real sense of change in the CVerse, with new promotions, huge changes to the rosters and more. At this current moment I am just focusing on the American wrestling scene, at which point I will then upload the mod. However, I do plan to then expand into the other regions in the game world in due time.

If anyone has any questions, ideas, comments or anything of the sort, please, feel free to send me a PM or reply to the thread and I'll get back to you as soon as possible, I'd especially love to get your feedback on the ideas in the mod :)

I don't think the IFF Expansion is unrealistic -- however, when transitioning talent from WMMA, you have to account for the continuity issues -- the WMMA universe is static, as the age and characters have not changed since the original. There are many workers who are already in both universes, necessitating that you "adjust" workers age wise. The WMMA universe is "set" ~a decade before the CornellVerse, so the majority of the workers are going start as rookies.

Look for guys who have yet to debut in the Cornellverse 2014. There are a couple of former MMA stars that are already incorporated.

Does the Victory Wrestling Association refer to the European promotion?

My idea for the IFF (as it's an original promotion and not a promotion from WMMA) is to make it up of custom MMA style workers as well as current guys who could realistically be seen going to MMA. The inclusion of the former-MMA guys will also help a lot. I don't own WMMA and I'm treating the TEW CVerse as a completely different universe from the WMMA database, so none of the WMMA companies / workers have existed unless they are also in the CVerse.

The Victory Wrestling Association US is a second company under the VWA banner, the idea being that Thorp wanted to expand to the USA and set up trade between the US and Europe version. This means that VWAEU has access to talent that can't work in Europe through trades, while VWAUS will have access to talent that can't work in the States. Also, Thorp sees that wrestling is much bigger in the USA, meaning it can be more profitable.

Random Worker Profile #1

Swoop McCarthy - SWF's Next Breakout Star?

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l593/codeydbw/Swoop%20McCarthy%20_zpsrdr7gug4.jpg

Swoop McCarthy is one of the biggest stars Australia has ever produced at only the age of 28 years old. However, the Aussie-native left the land down under in March of 2016 after being offered a contract with American superpower SWF. Swoop was a hit with the fans, thanks to his fantastic charisma, and a superb debut feud with Rich Money. It was during this feud that Swoop pulled off one of the biggest upsets in wrestling history and defeated Rich Money at SWF's The Supreme Challenge.

Since then Swoop has gone from strength to strength and as 2017 approaches, many insiders are predicting that this could be a big year for McCarthy, despite being with the company for such a short time.

Archived