About promotion momentum

I've been playing this game for months and I still don't quite understand this. I've recently started a new game with GFW on Fleisch's RealWorld mod, great starting funds and a good roster to develop from. I'm 8 months in now and I can't seem to get my momentum any higher than F-. I think it fluctuated to F for a month at one point.

My popularity has flew up in the US mostly to D- and E+ and my TV show ratings on huluPLUS and AXS TV have gone from 0.2 to 0.3. Most of my shows despite this popularity are C or C+ with the occasional medium event for storyline finishing getting a B-. I get regular emails about my popularity rising.

My Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal and Chris Sabin storyline has a regular heat of B- and my D-Low Brown and Charlie Haas story is at C+ also so I can't quite understand how the promotion has possibly the worst momentum out of all of the companies?

My finances are hit and miss. I started the game with 1mil and tend to keep it around there, every time I earn money I sign an expensive D popularity worker or buy a new venue but I am not losing money.

Also, I've read the FAQ a few times and can't quite understand how company importance is worked out. I gather it's your popularity x by that area's importance? How the hell do I work that out? D+ x A ?

Maybe I'm missing something!

Also, I've read the FAQ a few times and can't quite understand how company importance is worked out. I gather it's your popularity x by that area's importance? How the hell do I work that out? D+ x A ?

You don't really need to work it out for yourself given that the game does it for you (on the Popularity screen), but it's your popularity multiplied by the area's importance. If you've got grades turned on then you will only see the letter grade, but there is still an underlying number. So 70 popularity in an area with 50% importance is 70 x 50% = 35.

You don't really need to work it out for yourself given that the game does it for you (on the Popularity screen), but it's your popularity multiplied by the area's importance. If you've got grades turned on then you will only see the letter grade, but there is still an underlying number. So 70 popularity in an area with 50% importance is 70 x 50% = 35.

Aha, I've stumbled across the numbers option in preferences. I've not seen these since EWR! Makes more sense now though!

How about company momentum? Despite regular C+ or B- events as a Regional company and increasing TV deals my momentum is always F-. I do have a tendency to spend the money I'm in profit by on new venues and new workers so I don't know if that plays a big part, but I'd figure a Regional company with regularly awesome shows, expanding TV, new venues and regular new workers would be flying high in momentum?

Thanks in advance chief.

• 4 months later...
Aha, I've stumbled across the numbers option in preferences. I've not seen these since EWR! Makes more sense now though!

How about company momentum? Despite regular C+ or B- events as a Regional company and increasing TV deals my momentum is always F-. I do have a tendency to spend the money I'm in profit by on new venues and new workers so I don't know if that plays a big part, but I'd figure a Regional company with regularly awesome shows, expanding TV, new venues and regular new workers would be flying high in momentum?

Thanks in advance chief.

I've found that in general, having a good show (one that raises your popularity) tends to raise your company momentum by 1 per show. But if you're losing regional battles or having your biggest workers stolen away, that slow gain is going to go right back down.

Archived