GFW Presents: The Best In The World

Pre-Diary Information:

I've sporadically posted diaries here with varying degrees of interest. My biggest issues stem from two factors (one, I pick up TEW for a week at a time and then don't touch it for months) and two I tend to bulk book and it's not that interesting to me to write diaries for stuff that happened 5-6 months earlier in game time…

That brought me to this idea. In May 2014 (in-game, not sure when in reality) I started a Global Force Wrestling story. This was briefly on the forums before life and work took over again and I decided to shut it down and just play the game for the fun of it.

The in-game date now is July 2016. Global Force is the third largest promotion in the world (behind WWE and TNA) but is still focused on the Global aspect of pro wrestling. They run a weekly 90-minute show and monthly PPV's but the also run speciality events throughout the year showcasing talents from around the world.

In game, I've built alliances with AAA, ECCW, FCF, IWW, MPW, NGW, NJPW, NOAH, NWA, PBW, PCW, PWA, PWG, ROH, Wrestling.Ie, WWC, WXW with the intention to make Global Force a true power internationally. I primarily make trades with AAA, PWG, NWA and NJPW. I just added ROH and will be making some moves to bring guys from there in.

This diary is a showcase. It will consist of only one show. The format will be entirely different than I've seen recently, and will be unique for me. It will be short-lived (likely only a couple weeks max).

I just want this to be a different look at the world of wrestling going on in the game. If this is well received then I may do these every couple months as I come up with showcase events for my game.

In the past my GFW has run a couple of unique events, in February 2016 I held GFW Presents: NJPW where I brought in many of the top NJPW stars for a PPV. The show was one of my best ever and I enjoyed what it brought to my story. In October 2015 I held GFW Presents: Global Tag League where the best Tag Teams in the world came together and fought for the Global Tag League title. In a major upset TMDK (NOAH's Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) won the Global Tag League defeating the Young Bucks, ReDRagon and The Irish Airborne for the trophy.

My first foray into these kind of events was in (game) March 2015 when I held the first GFW Presents: NJPW live in Japan. The show was a huge success with the main event seeing Okada defeat AJ Styles.

This got me thinking what is next. As I continued to build up my alliances and partnerships I came up with the following (yes I know it is what ROH calls it…tough)

GFW Presents: Best In The World

This dairy will focus on the stories and backstories of the superstars fighting in the matches at Best in the World. The card will be laid out in advance, and the show will be presented one match at a time. Leading up to the matches there will be some backstories on the history and recent successes/failings of the superstars that will do battle. The storylines are primarily paused, face/heel divide is off, this is about Wrestling, purely the BEST Wrestling in the World.

I'm currently working on the trades and pieces to build the card officially.

Leading up to the show Global Force Wrestling has four champions, all of whom will compete at Best in the World.

• GFW World Champion: AJ Styles
  • GFW North American: "The Southern Gentleman" Chuck Taylor
  • GFW Tag Team: Sleepy Hollow (Frightmare and Hallowicked)
  • GFW Cruiserweight: Cross

The diary is literally one episode long. Enjoy...

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/87/files/2015/05/global.png

Current GFW Presents: The Best In The World Card

GFW World Champion: AJ Styles vs. ROH World Champion: Jay Briscoe

ReDRagon vs. Young Bucks

Legends Match: Sting vs. Jushin "Thunder" Liger

The Beasts from the East: NWA World Champion: Tenzan vs. IWGP Heavyweight Champion: Kojima vs. GHC Heavyweight Champion: Morishima

Former PWG World Champion: Joey Ryan vs. Former GFW World Champion and Two-Time IWGP Heavyweight Champion: "The Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada

Former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion: Prince Devitt vs. Former ROH Triple Crown Holder: Roderick Strong

World's Best Cruiserweights: Jack Evans vs. Juvy vs. Argos vs. Noam Dar vs. Cross vs Sydal

Brian Cage vs. Martin Stone vs. Rhino

Uhaa Nation vs. GFW North American Champion "The Southern Gentleman" Chuck Taylor

Global Tag League Defending Champions: TMDK vs. Killer Elite Squad

Kevin Steen vs. Chris Hero vs. Low-Ki

European Wrestlings Finest: Doug Williams vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

**Card Subject to Change**

AJ Styles vs. Jay Briscoe
ReDRagon vs. Young Bucks
Sting vs. Jushin "Thunder" Liger
Tenzan vs. Kojima vs. Morishima
Joey Ryan vs. Okada
Prince Devitt vs. Roderick Strong
Jack Evans vs. Juvy vs. Argos vs. Noam Dar vs. Cross vs Sydal
Brian Cage vs. Martin Stone vs. Rhino
Uhaa Nation vs. Chuck Taylor
KES vs. TMDK
Kevin Steen vs. Chris Hero vs. Low-Ki
Doug Williams vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Preview One

http://fightgameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/SLIDE-01.png

From the desk of Jeff Jarrett

HELLO WRESTLING FANS!

Thank you for joining us, we are truly thrilled to be building the greatest Global Wrestling card ever seen to man. This card will feature the best the World has to offer including current World Champions from the USA, Japan, and Europe. The card will feature a dream match featuring two World Wrestling Hall of Famers, it will feature showcase matches, showcasing superstars who one day will make up the core of this business, and most of all it will feature the stars that make go wild. So without further adieu let's give you a little sneak peak at what we have to offer.

We are currently in the process of building the card, our partners from around the World have promised us the best they have to offer and boy have they delivered. In part one of this two part preview we are going to take a look at the Champions from around the World who will be partaking in GFW Presents: The Best In The World.

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles: GFW World Champion

Jay Briscoe: ROH World Champion

Argos: AAA Fusion

"The Southern Gentleman" Chuck Taylor: GFW North American

Cross: GFW Cruiserweight

Doug Williams: PROGRESS, PCW World

Frightmare/Hallowicked (Sleepy Hollow): GFW Tag

Hiroyoshi Tenzan: NWA World

Jack Evans: AAA World

Juventud Guerrera: AAA World Cruiserweight/AAA Tag

Lance Archer: NWA Tag, NWA North American

TMDK (The Mighty Don't Knell, Shane Haste and Mikey Nicholls): Global Tag League

"The Golden Boy" Nick Jackson: ROH Television, IWGP Junior Heavyweight, PWG World, JCW World, FWE Heavy

Satoshi Kojima: IWGP World

Takeshi Morishima: GHC World Heavyweight

You think that is enough to pique your interest, well in part two I'll let you know more about the other nine superstars we've brought in just for this show. A little hint, among them we have former TNA Champions, ROH Champions, and NJPW Champions. Not too mention the fact that you already know our GFW Roster is loaded with stars including former WWE Champions. To say this card is loaded would be an understatement.

See you soon,

JJ

Part Two will reveal the other names from outside the GFW coming in for the show, and Part Three will be the grand unveiling of the card.

Tentatively the supercard features 11 matches.

Part Two: The Best of the Rest

In part two of this preview we are taking a look at the 10 additional names we have brought in, and which promotions they represent, for Best in the World.

Each superstars specific backstory and recent history will be more detailed in their pre-match preview, but for now here a quick look.

The Best of the Rest:

"The Freakin' Machine" Brian Cage (WWC, PWG)

Davey Boy Smith, Jr (NWA, NJPW)

"The Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada (NJPW, 2014 Wrestler of the Year)

Kevin Steen (Returned to the ring in March 2016 after a major injury that cost him 15 months, compacted vertebrae in neck, ROH)

Low-Ki (ROH)

"The East London Mauler" Martin Stone (FSW, Wrestling.Ie)

Noam Dar (PCW, PROGRESS, NGW, PBW)

"The Master of Puppets" Prince Devitt (NJPW)

Uhaa Nation (PWG)

Zack Sabre Jr (NOAH)

Coming up tomorrow, we will have a full reveal of the card, and preview the first superstars you'll see live at Best In The World.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Still to Come:

• Card Reveal
  • Match and Superstar Preview

Archived