Original Mods

Think this would probably be the best place to put it though. Looking at the board now and recently, it seems like there is a pretty big saturation of completely original scenarios that are being worked on, whether set in current day, or a century ago. I've been considering doing something like this myself (and even started it a year or so ago, and just ran into some personal problems), however, I recently got a new job and it would be difficult for me to find time to do this among everything else I have a tendency to do in my off time. However, while talking to a friend the other day, I had an idea, where different people would create their promotions in their game in a blank database, create their own wrestlers and fill their promotion, etc. Then someone could compile it all together and as a result we have one large community project. However, at the same time, therein lies some possible problems.

• What about pictures? Not everyone can do them.
  • What is going to stop people from overpowering their workers and promotions? (Honor system perhaps? One person making sure everything is pretty balanced?)
  • Power hunger. (This can be so bad, it deserves a second mention)
  • I'm sure there are others, but those are the two big ones.

At the same time, I think this could have an advantage over other community projects, nobody is waiting on people to send in information, nobody is left doing nothing (done with your promotion and wrestlers? What about venues or historical figures from your promotion?).

So, my question is this, would this work? Would it be worth it to try to organize something like this? A few of the problems can probably be ignored. Don't like that someone made so and so the most popular worker? You can always edit it yourself.

Number of workers based on the size of you company, which determines the total number of skill points and popularity you have available to distribute.

Just a thought on how you might be able to avoid overpowered workers. Should promote roster depth rather than a current day WWE product, with one guy at the top and irrelevant people below him.

Archived