Looking for Mod Help

I was wondering if one of you guys that loves to mod would give me a hand. What I would like to do is replace Florida International in C-USA with Virginia Commonwealth University. I'm a Ram...it's unlikely we will ever add Football, but I would like to play with them. I can just edit the team but I cannot have the graphics. I can rename the GIF's but then I can't have the name. I don't understand the database well enough to see how things are interconnected. If someone would be willing to tell me exactly what I need to do or if it is all in the pstat file perhaps do it for me I would be very grateful. Please PM or email me if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Edit the pstats.dat file using MS Access. Open the Teams table and find the team you want to edit and make whatever changes you want. The value you put in the Abbr column is the key for the files in the Graphics folder. For example if you use VCU as the abbreviation, then the file in the graphics\Fieldlogo folder must be named vculogo.gif. The file in the graphics\helmets\black folder must be named vcu.gif.... etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I tried editing pstats before I posted. After I made the changes, when I saved the file I received a notice that the file had been updated with the latest version of Access and could not be shared with older files. Overwriting the previous version of pstats was not an option, both files were just sitting in the Bowl Bound directory. I will try again when I have more time to play around with it. I'm a school teacher and rather limited on time during the week.

Thanks for the reply. I tried editing pstats before I posted. After I made the changes, when I saved the file I received a notice that the file had been updated with the latest version of Access and could not be shared with older files. Overwriting the previous version of pstats was not an option, both files were just sitting in the Bowl Bound directory. I will try again when I have more time to play around with it. I'm a school teacher and rather limited on time during the week.

If you do a Save As... in Access, you should be able to save the file as an older version of Access. Then you just need to change the file extension from .mdb to .dat.

Archived