American Wrestling Council: It's the American Dream [TVerse Plat]

Overview:

The American Wrestling Council started up in the Summer of 2014 by young announcer, Nick Townsend. Townsend has worked around the country in various promotions, behind the scenes, before deciding there was a hole in the market for a family friendly wrestling promotion and thus he started up the AWC.

After several weeks, Townsend was able to develop the roster to get his company off the ground and indeed, in September of 2014, the AWC's very first show; Arrival, was scheduled at The Bodydrop Gymnasium in New Jersey.

AWC Arrival will feature first round matches for BOTH the AWC World Heavyweight Championship and also the AWC Women's Championship. Matches for the first show are as follows:

AWC Arrival:

AWC World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Quarter Final

The African Nightmare vs. 'Rowdy' Rory O'Connor

AWC Women's Championship Semi Final Match

Waru Masami (ooc: Ayame Joshuyo) vs. Jamilia Rose

Seven Brandt vs. 'The Model' Caleb Adonis

OOC: I started playing a TVerse game recently and had a couple of ideas in place so thought I would write the shows up, I have enjoyed putting together what I have so far so hopefully some of you enjoy it too. I need to make a couple of points though:

Firstly I want to apologise for a lack of pictures in this diary, I wish I had the time and patience to do something even close to the wonderful presentation some of the tremendous writers on this site can accomplish but I'm afraid it just can't happen. What I will try and do is make it as aesthetically pleasing as possible and as easy a read as it can be. If there is anything any of you aren't a fan of, please do let me know and I will look for anyway to make it easier to read.

Second, at some point I will be changing the company name, the problem I have had was thinking of a name and corresponding logo etc. for the promotion and I just wanted to start and play a new game. You may notice the AWC is also the name of the alliance in the TVerse, this is just coincidental and there will be no affiliation, the name of the company will most likely change shortly.

I don't want to announce the full roster as I wan't everyone to just be introduced organically, hopefully it works out OK. I appreciate it might make things tougher still for people new to this particular mod but hopefully it will be fairly easy to pick up.

With that, I hope this diary proves as a quick, easy and enjoyable read for you. Thanks a lot all.

AWC ARRIVAL

Date: Wednesday, Week 4, September 2014

Venue: NJ – The Bodydrop Gymnasium (Tri State)

Attendance: 86

PRE-SHOW

Ziggy Sparks def. California Kid

MAIN SHOW

The announcers, Nick Townsend (ooc: UC) and Rufus Wright, welcome us all to the first ever AWC show, Arrival. As the broadcasters discuss both an AWC World Heavyweight Championship tournament and an AWC Women’s Championship tournament, which both culminate in December’s show, Crowning Glory, they are cut off by two men standing in the ring; Commander Nimitz and his client, The African Nightmare.

Commander Nimitz declares that he brought Nightmare to the AWC to be the most dominant force in the business and tonight he will make his first step to becoming the first ever AWC World Heavyweight Champion. The African Nightmare just paces back and forth chanting and preparing himself for his opponent.

Rating: 58

MATCH 1

AWC World Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Quarter Final

The African Nightmare vs. ‘Rowdy’ Rory O’Connor

• The size difference between the two combatants was evident as they squared up Nightmare is a huge specimen but this didn’t look to phase the ‘Rowdy’ one
  • O’Connor certainly had the backing of the crowd, he was ferocious in his strikes and the crowd loved seeing him take it to the big man
  • As much as Rory took it to the big man, The Nightmare just wouldn’t go down, even when knocked to the outside, he landed on his feet
  • Commander Nimitz however was clearly worried about his client as when Rory had him backed into the corner with a flurry of lefts and rights, Nimitz jumped onto the apron to grab the referees attention, this allowed Nightmare to blindside O’Connor in a brief moment of distraction and finally hit his finisher, the Currency Stabilizer and advance into the next round next month

Winner: The African Nightmare (17:52)

Rating: 42

We go backstage where announcer Nick Townsend is stood with ‘The Model’ Caleb Adonis. Townsend asks him for a few words about his match, later tonight, with Seven Brandt.

Adonis stands with a smirk on his face, stroking his chin, he claims that he will not be making any of the rookie mistakes Rory O’Connor just made and he certainly won’t be leaving an embarrassment like the Irishman.

Adonis said that tonight he will win with flair and grace against Seven Brandt and, come December, he will have the gold around his perfect waist.

Rating: 50

Jamie Rose is preparing for her match with Waru Masami, she says it is her destiny to be the AWC Women’s Champion, and nothing is going to stand in her way. She is approached by Ono’s manager, the snivelling Shinji Onoo. Rose threatens Onoo to clear out of her dressing room or she will use him as practice before beating on Masami. Onoo gives a high pitched shriek before scarpering away.

Rating: 58

MATCH 2

AWC Women's Championship Semi Final Match

Waru Masami vs. Jamilia Rose

• Masami’s cold and calculated approach clearly caused a lot of distress to Rose
  • However, not deterred, Rose showed off a very impressive arsenal in a variety of situations
  • As Masami was about to apply her patented Spidercrab Stretch, Rose was able to counter before hitting her with the Rose’s Thorn to advance.

Winner: Jamilia Rose (6:27)

Rating: 47

MAIN EVENT

AWC World Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Quarter Final

Seven Brandt vs. Caleb Adonis

• Adonis entered the ring with all the arrogance and pomp and circumstance expected after his interview
  • Seven Brandt, clearly a no-nonsense type of competitor, immediately had the fans on his side
  • Adonis took his time to get the match started, removing various attire accessories as Brandt stood, waiting
  • As the bell rang, Adonis exited the ring, clearly trying to get into the head of his opponent, unfortunately, the fans would have to endure much of these cowardly acts through much of the match
  • Ironically, with the offense he had, Adonis looked like he could be a rather dangerous competitor
  • Sadly for ‘The Model’ however, Brandt had some very dangerous strikes, takedowns and suplexes and, once he had wore him down, was able to hit the Seventh Sign for the win

Winner: Seven Brandt (18:24)

Rating: 51

As the fans respectfully applaud Seven Brandt for his win, the lights in the building cut out and a spotlight shines in the ring over him. An eerie voice crackles over the PA, the voice claims that the AWC will soon be flooded with darkness and shadow. The voice calls to Seven Brandt, looking confused in the ring, that he won’t last when the darkness reigns and The Soul Reaver takes the AWC World Heavyweight Championship.

Rating: 44

Overall Rating: 51

AWC HELLOWEEN:

Jeff Russell vs. Soul Reaver

AWC Women's Championship Tournament Semi Final

Candace Horne vs. Lady Eleanor Burr (ooc: Dana Burr)

Richie Santana Jr. vs. Ziggy Sparx

Archived