Open Source

I know it's just wishful thinking, but for software engineering students, such as myself, it would be awesome if Adam released the source for TEW 2005! It's already free so he's not losing anything by doing it. It would probably up the engagement of the series, too! Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...
I know it's just wishful thinking, but for software engineering students, such as myself, it would be awesome if Adam released the source for TEW 2005! It's already free so he's not losing anything by doing it. It would probably up the engagement of the series, too! Just my 2 cents.

As much as I'd love to see it happy (fellow coder) I don't think it will. I can't imagine there being ground breaking changes to the code and so if he released the source code it could lead to a competitor coming through.

Competition is good for players, yes, but not for a small company like Grey Dog. If they release the source code, and a bigger company gets a hold of it - not EA, but somebody like Rovio, for instance - that financial muscle could put Adam out of business. That's not a risk he needs to even consider taking.

Competition is good for players, yes, but not for a small company like Grey Dog. If they release the source code, and a bigger company gets a hold of it - not EA, but somebody like Rovio, for instance - that financial muscle could put Adam out of business. That's not a risk he needs to even consider taking.

I never really thought of that, tbh. Is there alternatives to TEW? I've played since EWR, and I really enjoy it, but I do enjoy these sorts of games to begin with which is why I took up software engineering...it's a lot harder than I thought, too lol. I always wanted to make one for Networks, or a wrestling game not about booking, but about actually managing the company. My time as a student, however, the logic side I CANNOT do to save my life (lol), but the user interfaces I've found that I REALLY enjoy...probably because I've always enjoyed doing web design...probably where my "talent" if you can call it that, lays. Anyway, I digress, is there another game like these? Not sure if you can post it on GDS, but no less. I've not found one other than I think it was called Company Wars, I liked that game, too. i used to play the hell out of it and EWR when I was a pre-teen haha.

Archived