Question on 1star Recruits...

I tend to avoid offering 1 star recruits, but as a mid to low midrange school I have more interest from 1 stars...questions...

Do you offer 1 stars scholarships?

Do you find diamonds in the rough?

What do you look for, or should 1 stars be avoided if possible?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Fairly new to this but in regards to "diamonds in the rough", if you have an OC or DC that grades high at coaching a particular position group then I believe a 1 star recruit in that group could ultimately improve to say a 3 star.

If you scout enough 1-stars and pay attention to the results, you'll see 1-stars come back with ratings akin to 2- and 3-star players. The accuracy of the scouting depends on the quality your assistant coaches, it would seem.

Most of the guys who rate highly when scouted will rise above their 1-star pedigree eventually. Not all, but most. Another dead giveaway is if you look at their other offers in the early weeks and see they already have 3 or 4 offers right out of the gate. Even if your own scout rates the guy low, multiple competing offers -- just like in the real world -- means there's something there.

Of all the functions relating to recruiting or player development, I'd say the game gets this right more often than any other function.

Archived