Consequences of breaking "promises"

Hi everybody.

I'm completely new to this game series, and so far I'm loving it. But there are a number of things I'm unsure of or curious about. The main thing I don't yet understand is how the "fans" follow the progression of storylines. I know you get crowd reaction evalutations and momentum evaluations of storylines, but to me it seems like you can get a strong reaction from the crowd even if you run a segment that makes absolutely no sense to the overall storyline. I mean, that the crowd is interested in having storylines, but that the fans don't perceive it as a running narrative, but rather just a series of entertaining segments. That the perceived narrative (and I get that it's something you mainly have running in your own head as you play) has no effect.

For example, in my previous show I ran a segment in which three of the main eventers pester an authority figure for a shot at the title. The authority figure sets up a 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 match, promising that the winner will get a shot at the title.

Now, will it matter at all whether or not the winner of this match will actually get a title match in the nearest future? Do the fans remember this segment, meaning that they expect a title match involving the winner of said match? And does the wrestler?

Not that it matters too much, as the narrative is important to me as a player, so I will of course either make good on the promise given, or set up a new segment that makes sense in terms of preventing the winner from getting a shot at the title. But I'm still interested in how it works from the other side of the screen.

Thanks. BabylonFell.

No, it won't matter the least bit. The game isn't *that* clever. It's a sandbox game, and storylines and angles are mostly for the players' own enjoyment and imagination. You can run the same type of angle every time without getting punished.

1 - That's completely unnecessary - it can already be assumed that the main event was hyped, because it's idiotic not to promote it. There is therefore no reason to force players to pre-book it when the effort can be removed and the effects simulated correctly. Those who enjoy micromanaging will be pre-booking it anyway, so aren't missing out on anything, and players who just want a casual game aren't being punished. It's win-win all the way.

2 - Attendance isn't based on the main event rating; this should be clear from the fact that the attendance is available to see throughout the show, long before the main event has been simulated.

Archived