Brain stuck on a booking delimma

Okay, so I have been playing this game for a while now but I am starting my first Dynasty and therefore actually paying attention to the story lines I am running. So here is my dilemma. I have a strong wrestler that currently has the Championship belt. I want to get it off of him as I want him and his tag partner to have the tag belts (I am booking these two like edge and christian in their hayday) and I do not like the idea of one guy with two belts (At least not this guy and not at this moment) so the owner comes out and state that no one wrestler may hold two titles. There are two other Main Eventers waiting to take and then feud for the belt. I am looking for realistic and entertaining ways to book this wrestler out of the championship belt WITHOUT damaging his pop. or Momentum. I have 6 months to do it. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.

Okay, so I have been playing this game for a while now but I am starting my first Dynasty and therefore actually paying attention to the story lines I am running. So here is my dilemma. I have a strong wrestler that currently has the Championship belt. I want to get it off of him as I want him and his tag partner to have the tag belts (I am booking these two like edge and christian in their hayday) and I do not like the idea of one guy with two belts (At least not this guy and not at this moment) so the owner comes out and state that no one wrestler may hold two titles. There are two other Main Eventers waiting to take and then feud for the belt. I am looking for realistic and entertaining ways to book this wrestler out of the championship belt WITHOUT damaging his pop. or Momentum. I have 6 months to do it. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.

If your authority is a heel the easiest way would be to have him state that he can't take the title without reason, but he can make sure he doesn't keep both belts and then books a triple threat. Have your champion taunt the authority playing up that he's basically getting over on him by holding both titles. That will allow him to get a decent storyline rating. The authority makes him defend the title every night against basically anybody (add them to the storyline as minor) and he wins every night. The week before the ppv th authority is pissed and books him in 3 consecutive matches, basically a gauntlet type thing, but you'd have to book them consecutively. He wins all 3, each getting harder and harder. That's when the authority books the triple threat against those top 2 guys, and then the champ can eat a pin at the ppv. His story rating should be great from all the wins and angles, so 1 loss won't hurt him too much.

That is a wonderfully elegant solution. I think I may have a LONG way to go before truly thinking like a booker. Hoping to learn a lot from you guys.

Thanks.

It depends on your booking style, really. I like realistic booking, I use a lot of managers (a lot more finishes you can use) I try to keep no more than 1 screwy finish per show, I like my top heel to have a stable for the baby face to "fight the cause," I utilize my tv to build the feuding workers up and have them face off in angles etc.

I am still pretty small but I already know what my Heel stable will be when I get a little bigger. BTW, I elaborated a bit on your booking (Because quite frankly I didn't have the resources to use ALL of it) and planned out the next 6 episodes till my Pay off Show (Not a PPV, but my next big (Above Average) Monthly show.) When I get home from work tonight I will run the shows and see how she goes. Should be REAL interesting:)

The biggest thing is to have fun with it. I tell my wrestling friends about the game frequently and the way I describe it is a vehicle to carry your ideas out. As long as you enjoy booking your programs it doesn't matter how you do it.

Something I've recently done that's made it a lot more fun is not utilizing every main eventer in a program. For example I have somewhere around 12 guys that are 80+ overness. Of those 12, I feature 6 to 8 in programs generally. A lot of times it'll be a main eventer vs upper mid or straight midcard. It allows the main eventers to keep high momentum for when they do feud with other main eventers and it also helps to keep the title picture fresh while giving a rub to those lower card guys. Then the main event guys that aren't feuding work my main and semi main events on tv to produce ratings and allow the fans a chance to see them on tv.

To elaborate a bit more on how I book my cards... I'll open the show with a talking segment for whichever storyline is hot or a fast paced match. By hot storyline I don't mean highest heat rating, I mean if my world title feud just started but on the last show my midcard feud had an angle where the heel beat the brakes off the face, well that's a hot angle so the midcard heel opens the show bragging and the baby face gets a rebuttal then some back and forth over the next few shows leading to the blowoff. Throughtout the show I'll have my feuding main eventers face off against midcard talent to get the easy wins and the momentum from said win then grab a mic and cut a promo, "this is why I'm going to kick your ass at the next ppv" type deal, then again some trading back and forth. My storyline guys only interact with each other in angles OR multiman matches. I'm not giving the ppv match away for free. Not to mention if you have 2 guys that are looking unbeatable on tv, talking trash to each other and an occasional attack or brawl but you don't get to see them actually have that match... you're gonna want to buy that ppv to see these two bad asses finally fight!

Also, I'll have some stories be just for tv. Not everything can make the cut to get on ppv and I don't want lower card guys stinking it up on ppv. The lower card feuds round out tv time an allow me to see who's drawing ratings. If I got a low card guy that's putting on good matches or angles, he'll win the program and move on. I also utilize tv to push my next big things.

Archived