Any Wifi/Router Gurus? I need help

iruleall15

So a little backstory for you guys.

I have Verizon DSL. I had a router/modem combo that was slow. I complained numerous times and got sent a new router. New one was even worse and got to the point I was lucky if I could even connect to the internet.

So I switched back to the old router and its better. Still slow to thep oint playing online via PS4/Xbox One is impossible. I cant even get into the WWE Network, Netflix and HBO Go just buffer for minutes on end just to give me 5 seconds of video...

Ive looked into my router as im fairly tech savy. Ive given my Xbox DMZ Host and still nothing helps for me trying to stream or play online. I live in a 2 story rowhome. No phone cables on the top floor so bottom floor has the router. Im directly above the router in terms of where my room is located.

I believe I am supposed to get 6 or 8 MBPS as a whole.

But these screenshots are what im getting at this time and the average speed I get all day.

0c17acd3fc1a6e02dd85cddbf62aee66.png

f8636244ee831e52f937876c910b82d3.png

My first question is in picture 1 why does it say 37 MBPS but in picture 2 says 300 MBPS after my router name (cccb2555437b3) than spread those 300 to my Laptop, Xbox and a Tablet?

Also why is my downstream so damn slow? How can I get my speeds to allow me to play online or watch videos again? I also port forwarded my XB1 not sure if I did it correctly though. Does anyone know what I can do to speed my internet up short of changing my internet company?

I feel like im on the verge of walking into verizon and flipping out

Archived