Impossible goals?

Fourth season with Kansas and I managed an 9 - 4 season with a bowl game. That followed 3 seasons of 2 - 3 and 4 wins. Evaluated with Cs across the board and a B from board expectations. Most annoying is that I received a 'Losing Patience' email from the AD!?!?!?!?! Tough crowd. If KU managed a 9 - 4 season in real life they might just rename Phog Allen fieldhouse for Mangino. They would DEFINITELY not tell him to 'shape up' - so to speak.

Uh oh. I just went 11-2 in my 2nd season at Memphis (yes, scheduled pansies for out of conference pretty much - or at least no one ranked higher than about 30th). Does this mean I should be expecting such an email from the AD? I got an overall grade of C+ last year. Hoping I do better in recruiting this year. I think I have ... last time my class was 85th, and while I got a bunch of 3-stars, I think having a smaller class hurt (didn't use 2 of the scholarships & just needed a few anyway as few graduated). Also didn't get the guy who emailed me that he wanted to go to my school because his girlfriend was. I offered a scholarship & put max recruiting right away, but didn't guess best option on stance. Guess that did me in?

Archived