GAMMA: There Can Be Only One

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/jamielynnwoodson/WMMA/GAMMA.jpg

In shocking news, Mittens Blurcat was recently named CEO of GAMMA, who stated that "domination is a key to success" in his plan to take over MMA.

Mittens Blurcat: My plan for GAMMA is to hire the best fighters in the world to showcase their top tier abilities in the cage. This should be an exciting year for MMA fans all around the world, with stars such as Brandon Sugar, Lawrence Herringbone, Davey Rushton, and Bobby Brubaker making their first title defenses, along with company perennials James Foster and Matthew Dean. Furthermore, the acquisition of several unsigned talents around the world should aid in our growth as the juggernaut of the MMA world.

Exciting prospects, such as Toby Sorkin, Nate MacReary, Diego Arteta, Isaiah Monroe, and Steve Mason are set to begin negotiations shortly, while regional stars such as Templeton Crumb, Manuel Silva, and Murilo Satinho are also in talks with GAMMA.

(Hello, and welcome to my first ever dynasty! Since I restarted my game recently, I thought a fresh new dynasty would be interesting to undertake. I will be posting articles and results, as well as other noteworthy news items! Hope to see you all soon!)

GAMMA announces card for February

James Foster © vs. Tim Boyer

Mittens Blurcat: Tim Boyer has not been able to unseat Foster as the champion, although his win over Raul Hughes has put him back into the title picture, while Foster's submission win over feared striker Gladstone Lopes has also established him as one of North America's top Heavyweights.

Spencer Rubenstein vs. Ricky Heath

Mittens Blurcat: When Lawrence Herringbone narrowly defeated fierce striker Spencer Rubenstein for the Light Heavyweight title, another crack at the title was on the horizon, although Ricky Heath's recent win over Ken Peters also shot him to the upper tier of the Light Heavyweight division.

Hanley Potter vs. George Pickering

Mittens Blurcat: The number one contender for the title should be crowned after his showdown of epic proportions between two dangerous Super Heavyweights.

Alan Kendall vs. David Allen

Mittens Blurcat: Consistent in his performances, Alan Kendall looks to revitalize his career as he takes on solid David Allen to move further up into the division.

Callum Henson vs. Darin Blood

Mittens Blurcat: Callum Henson has always been known for his electrifying performances due to his rich striking background, although in front of him, is the always dangerous Darin Blood, who looks to climb up the Welterweight ladder after his loss to Julio Regueiro in GAMMA 30.

Prelims:

Lenny DiMaria vs. Zair Williams

Moss Gilbert vs. Aaron McBroom

Dexter Darling vs. Woody Fierstein

Isaiah Monroe excited to join GAMMA

Isaiah Monroe: It feels great to be part of GAMMA, ever since I started working on bringing in power in my stand up, I knew that I was a complete athlete. It's nice to finally work for a company with a large caliber as GAMMA. I look forward to making my debut very soon to show why I'm the best in the world.

Widely considered to be a hot prospect since his wrestling days, Isaiah Monroe's college wrestling pedigree is enough to make him a threat against any opponent, although with the addition of crisp, powerful striking, he has the potential to go places in the Middleweight division.

Mittens Blurcat: Isaiah was definitely one of my top picks for signings in the company. I think that his skills are already up to par with some of the top Middleweights in the world, but what makes him a real threat to the division is his willingness to learn and his solid work ethic. It may sound crazy to declare it so fast, but I truly believe that this kid is the future of the division.

Matthew Dean set to defend title against Braulio Moura in March

Announced earlier this evening, GAMMA CEO Mittens Blurcat announced the headliner for GAMMA 41 this March in a press conference.

Mittens Blurcat: Matthew Dean is undeniably one of MMA's future legends, while Braulio Moura's solid skills and underrated ground game should make this a competitive match for Dean's record breaking eighth consecutive title defense, cementing his place as the world's top Middleweight.

Undefeated since the very first GAMMA event, Matthew Dean has wowed crowds over with his slick striking and excellent submissions. Moura is no pushover, however, as he possess one of the sport's scariest power in his hands and legs, as well as being a decent ground artist. The feared striker should give Dean a run for his money as he continues his historical reign in the company's Middleweight division. Trash talk has already started between the two stars on social media.

Matthew Dean: I already know that in my mind, I won this fight even before it even started. Moura's afraid to look me in the eyes because he knows he can't beat me. He's a coward and a zebra in a lion's den. I'm the best in the world, and I intend to prove it for the eighth time in a row. When that cage door closes, his fate is already sealed.

Braulio Moura: I want this fight because I want that belt for Brazil. I'm the best striker in GAMMA, and Matt knows that. He knows that he shouldn't take me lightly. I've been an underdog before, but the betting odds are wrong this time. The true fans are the ones betting on me kicking this guy's ass all over the cage in March. I've been in this game for too long to say that I'm gonna knock him out in the first round, but that's what I intend to do.

The rest of the fights are expected to be announced shortly after.

GAMMA 40 Results

Official Results:

James Foster def. Tim Boyer via TKO (Strikes) at 2:22 of round three

Spencer Rubenstein def. Ricky Heath via KO (Punch) at 4:42 of round one (KOTN)

George Pickering def. Hanley Potter via Submission (Arm Triangle) at 3:00 of round two (FOTN/SOTN)

David Allen def. Alan Kendall via Split Decision

Darin Blood def. Callum Henson via Submission (Arm Triangle) at 4:04 of round two

Prelims:

Zair Williams def. Lenny DiMaria via Unanimous Decision

Moss Gilbert def. Aaron McBroom via Unanimous Decision

Dexter Darling def. Woody Fierstein via Split Decision

Post-Fight Comments:

Tim Boyer: I can't say anything on my performance, other than I disappointed my coaches, friends and family. I had a great camp, and great support, but this might have been my last shot at the title for now. Big props to Foster, he's incredible and he was simply the better man tonight, and I look forward to stepping back into the cage.

Spencer Rubenstein: Once again, I proved my dominance over the division, I dominated it before, and I'm still dominating it to this day. Ricky Heath is a tough guy and a tough fight, but I'm still the best in this cage! Herringbone! I'm coming after that belt, you hear? I still got a lot of fight left in me, and I know that I can reclaim my title! I'm coming after you!

Darin Blood: That submission finish, let me tell you, that is a statement to the rest of the division. I am no longer the fighter you knew me, I am a completely different fighter, and the Darin Blood you see before you is a superior one. Let me tell you this now, that title will be mine, and after I knock out that chump Brubaker, the world will finally see that Darin Blood is the greatest fighter in GAMMA!

Matches for GAMMA 41 in March Announced

Matthew Dean © vs. Braulio Moura

Mittens Blurcat: An exciting bout between two well rounded athletes who have effectively cleaned out their division. What's even better is that it's for the coveted middleweight title. Moura's decisive wins over quality strikers such as Carl Ratcliffe and previously undefeated Ashley Ballard have catapulted him to stardom, while Matthew Dean's versatility continues to punish opponents to this day.

Davey Rushton vs. Frank Paul

Mittens Blurcat: A rematch between the classic Clash of the Titans match between Rushton and Paul. Frank Paul's wrestling was shown on display during his win over Randolph Gilliver, while Davey Rushton's striking continues to grow rapidly, as well has building his own ground game, making him a terrifying force in the division.

Maarten De Vries vs. Sutton Ripley

Mittens Blurcat: Sutton Ripley promises retire his opponent after his predicted KO win over the dangerous striker Maarten De Vries, while Maarten is determined to make one last title run before his retirement. A match between these two electrifying strikers should showcase the true talent of GAMMA's stars.

Randolph Gilliver vs. Kel Ryan

Mittens Blurcat: Kel Ryan shot himself into stardom during his upset victory over Norbert Vinkus in GAMMA 35, alhough Randolph Gilliver is content with showing the world why he is one of the premier wrestlers in the division, and why he is one of the best Super Heavyweights around

Christopher Sharp vs. Frank Sheedy

Mittens Blurcat: The mega star who never was - Christoper Sharp now looks to climb up the Heavyweight division, although Frank Sheedy's grapplimg and suffocating top control continues to trouble opponents and poses a large challenge for Sharp.

Prelims:

Bruce Steven vs. H.M. Menzel

Ken Peters vs. Kendall Tracey

John Rivero vs. Bill Cumming

GAMMA 41 Results

Official Results:

Matthew Dean © def. Braulio Moura via Unanimous Decision

Frank Paul def. Davey Rushton via Submission (Arm Triangle) at 4:29 of round one (FOTN/SOTN)

Sutton Ripley def. Maarten De Vries via TKO (Strikes) at 1:50 of round three

Randolph Gilliver def. Kel Ryan via TKO (Strikes) at 2:29 of round one

Christopher Sharp def. Frank Sheedy via TKO (Strikes) at 2:24 of round two (KOTN)

Prelims:

Bruce Steven def. H.M. Menzel via Submission (Armbar) at 4:32 of round one

Ken Peters def. Kendall Tracey via Unanimous Decision

John Rivero def. Bill Cumming via Submission (Americana) at 3:58 of round two

Post-Fight Comments:

Matthew Dean: What did I say? Was I wrong? I said it once, and I said it again, I'm the best Middleweight in the world, and tonight, I showed that yet again. I respect Moura as a competitor, he showed great heart during that fight, but I'm still the best in the world.

Christopher Sharp: Man, it feels good to win again, you know? I worked on my striking in the locals, and now I beat Frank Sheedy. It feels surreal right now, I can't even believe it. I can finally hush those critics who doubted my striking ability. It's an awesome win, but I'm not done yet, because Sharp's just getting started here.

Bill Cumming: There's something I've been thinking about lately, but I think today would be the best time to say it. I've fought for many years, won some, lost some. It's been a hell of a ride with GAMMA, and I'm glad to have fought John Rivero tonight, but I truly think that this is the last time you'll ever see me in the cage. Thank you to all the fans who rooted for me in the years, but the ride stops here.

Archived