I have a lot of questions about storylines:

1. Who do you put in your storylines?
    I have a storyline between 2 main eventers for the title. The idea is for the storyline to last 4 months with 4 PPV matches (cheating finish by the heel, run-in by an ally, finally drop the title in a Hell in a Cell, rematch at the following PPV).
    Obviously, I need the 2 main eventers themselves. Should I put in the ally (I think so)? As major or minor? I intend him to be in the ring for angles with his ME ally, but also to have matches with the face challenger, with 1 or 2 tag matches on top. But what about some other workers I'll feed to the main eventers to keep their momentum up after they take losses against each other?
  2. Should I ever end storylines or keep them going by removing workers when their part is over and introducing new ones?
  3. If I should end them, when is the right time to do so from the game perspective?
    From an in-world perspective, the storyline ends after the rematch, but is it the best way to do it? For example, ending it after the second PPV would probably provide a good boost to the ally and title holder, probably without costing too much to the challenger...
  4. Can you have too many storylines?
    With the minor role being available, it should in theory be possible to have most workers as major in some kind of storyline about them and still have them take part as minor roles when needed in other storyline.
    For example, the ally above could be central to a storyline against another midcarder and take part in the ME feud as a minor member...
    I'm afraid of doing it too much, though, as I'd have to be very careful not to have losses in matches or angles count toward the lower level storyline (due to manager, authority or announcer involvement for example)

I thought about adding this to the small questions thread, but I thought this might start enough discussion to warrant its own. It might also make it easier to find when using the search function (which I tried first).

Thanks for the help!

[*]Who do you put in your storylines?

I put in who ever is even remotely going to play a role. The two main eventers, the manager, the authority figure. Heck even the announcer so that just having a clean squash match furthers the storyline.

[*]Should I ever end storylines or keep them going by removing workers

I would end storylines after the blow off. The longer a storyline runs, the greater the chance it will "die" and fall to F. This will turf everyone's momentum as a result. Sometimes however I will cast a big net over a storyline however. For example if I'm booking a road to Wrestle Mania storyline, I would include the winner, the champion, his opponent at the Rumble and a few other red herrings that will also compete in the Rumble match.

[*]If I should end them, when is the right time to do so from the game perspective?

I would say after the blow off, when the momentum gains would be maximized. But this is totally up to you.

[*]Can you have too many storylines?

No, it will just be harder to manage the more you have. The higher the likelihood a storyline will be forgotten about and "die."

I have a lot of questions about storylines:

1. Who do you put in your storylines?
    I have a storyline between 2 main eventers for the title. The idea is for the storyline to last 4 months with 4 PPV matches (cheating finish by the heel, run-in by an ally, finally drop the title in a Hell in a Cell, rematch at the following PPV).
    Obviously, I need the 2 main eventers themselves. Should I put in the ally (I think so)? As major or minor? I intend him to be in the ring for angles with his ME ally, but also to have matches with the face challenger, with 1 or 2 tag matches on top. But what about some other workers I'll feed to the main eventers to keep their momentum up after they take losses against each other?
  2. Should I ever end storylines or keep them going by removing workers when their part is over and introducing new ones?
  3. If I should end them, when is the right time to do so from the game perspective?
    From an in-world perspective, the storyline ends after the rematch, but is it the best way to do it? For example, ending it after the second PPV would probably provide a good boost to the ally and title holder, probably without costing too much to the challenger...
  4. Can you have too many storylines?
    With the minor role being available, it should in theory be possible to have most workers as major in some kind of storyline about them and still have them take part as minor roles when needed in other storyline.
    For example, the ally above could be central to a storyline against another midcarder and take part in the ME feud as a minor member...
    I'm afraid of doing it too much, though, as I'd have to be very careful not to have losses in matches or angles count toward the lower level storyline (due to manager, authority or announcer involvement for example)

I thought about adding this to the small questions thread, but I thought this might start enough discussion to warrant its own. It might also make it easier to find when using the search function (which I tried first).

Thanks for the help!

1-Put whoever you want,allies generally take minor roles except if they are talented.

In your case,make challenge angles and stuff between these guys to keep the Heat going.

2-You doesn't need to end them,except if you have season finales,then you should end the storyline in the season finale show and then add others.

3-If you have season finales,end them in the season finale show.If you don't have end them whenever you want(NT:If repetitive booking penalties are turned on,after about three maches for the title you should end the storyline and put them against other people)

4-You can have as many storylines as you want,as long as you have the minimum required(if you do require to run any),but remember:the more you have,the hardest it will be to book.

I hope to have helped you.

1) I always use all workers in a storyline as major participants. 1v1 matches won't count towards the storyline heat if one of the fighters is a minor. I usually have a storyline going for each title, so for the main event singles title, it would be the champion and the top contender, together with 1 or 2 allies for each.

2) I end them once they are over, because your workers get momentum boosts according to their success within the storyline once you end them.

3) It's entirely up to you, just make sure you got a new storyline ready before you end one, so you don't risk dropping below your fed's requirements. For example on cult level you need 3 storylines with C- heat or you get a hit in your show ratings. I have 7 titles in my fed, so I usually have 3-4 title storylines and 1-2 character storylines like love triangle or winning streaks to push a talent. So whenever I end one, I start a new one immediately to always have 4-5 heated up storylines going.

4) As I said, I don't use minor members much. If at all, I use them for personalities or Announcers to get some angle ratings in. My wrestlers are always major roles. And no, you can't have too many storylines.

1) 1v1 matches won't count towards the storyline heat if one of the fighters is a minor.

As long as one of the competitors in a 1v1 is a major character and they are not in an alliance it will count.

1v1 major vs minor not alligned will further the storyline.

Archived