Type mismatch error

Hey there! I hope it is okay to reanimate the dead TEW2008 subforum - maybe this problem is also common with other versions of the game.

When playing my TNA savegame in TEW2008 I keep encountering the same error whenever I'm going enter contract negotiations. It just says "Runtime error 13: Type mismatch" and then crashes. I found a way around this by just "killing" the workers in the editor before they could respond to my negotiation offers but I'd really like to take up some negotiations to fill up my roster and not play with the same guys for the next ten years or so :D

Did anyone encounter the same error and knows a way to solve it? Or at least a way to "hire" workers through the ingame editor?

Thanks in advance!

Most errors like that are caused by not being in Admin Mode, which is a feature that was added to Windows after TEW08 came out. All the tech support forums here have instructions on how to handle that in their FAQ's, so check them out and hopefully that will fix your errors. You may have to restart your save though, as switching between being in and out of admin mode will cause issues that will not go away. :)

Archived