(POSSIBLE MOD HYPE) Chasing the Dream

It's January 1983. Vincent J. McMahon has refused to sell the World Wrestling Federation to his son Vince Jr due to concerns about his ambitious plans to take the company national. Not only is he attempting to salvage the territory system, he is absolutely certain that Jr.'s plan will fail, and he wants his grandchildren to be well taken care of. Vince Jr. vehemently disagrees. In a fit of anger, he quit his father's company and started his own company, World Wrestling Entertainment, to run competition against his father and, hopefully, achieve his dream of running a multi-million dollar national wrestling promotion.

Meanwhile, all is not well within the NWA, either. Citing health concerns, Fritz Von Erich has given control of World Class Championship Wrestling to his son, David. David, based on advice from his booker, Gary Hart, and the popularity of the promotion's syndicated TV show, has decided to withdraw from the NWA and attempt to go national himself. Each of the promotion's titles has been stripped of the NWA name, and a tournament will be held very soon to determine the first ever WCCW World Heavyweight Champion.

Jim Crockett Jr., Eddie Graham, and Jim Barnett, sensing the changing times, have consolidated their three promotions into one Super Promotion called NWA: World Championship Wrestling. Crockett is essentially the majority owner, but all major decisions are made by a vote between the three... Such as who the booker would be. Alas, there are already some problems as Crockett and Graham voted for Dusty Rhodes to be the man to book the promotion, while Jim Barnett steadfastly pushed for Ole Anderson. Both Anderson and Barnett were very unhappy about how things turned out.

Verne Gagne, seemingly oblivious to everything going on around him, is content to continue doing things the way he's always done them.

These are the major plot points. If anyone is interested in the mod, it's very likely that, depending on the amount of free time I have, I can have it completed in the next two months or so. This would be my first mod for public consumption. The base for this mod would be the War to Settle the Score mod by Alvarasus. At the very least' I'll be doing this one for personal use, but if the interest is there, I'll definitely post it for others.

Archived