Gamma Wmma3 Into Wmma4

so while preparing for my purchase of wmma4 like a year ago I started a save in WMMA 3 that I eventually wanted to transfer into WMMA4 so I could have a much larger history. Now I haven't figured out all the details yet as I am still editing things and figuring out how my world is going to work exactly but I thought I'd post my wmma3 stuff and than transition into my wmma4 world having a rich fight history with all the fighters in the world for the last 3 years.

I'm playing as GAMMA, in order to make sure all the fighters get fights all the companies are owned by GAMMA. in wmma4 you can have multiple people play and I am playing around with options trying to figure out how to make it work the way I want it to. So I think I can have player 1 control a couple of orgs and player 2 a couple etc etc.

Each organization in my world only has 2 weight classes in each company. women's organizations only have one weight class. every fighter is signed, so no fighters compete in local fights. companies either have a heavyweight, lightweight classes or Middleweight and Bantamweight. companies that run women's fights only have one weight class because I've edited all the women to one weight class and that is bantamweight.

To make it easier on myself at the beginning I just used the default database in WMMA3. I've got rid of the superheavyweights in WMMA4 and will use their renders for fighters I debut when I get to 2001 (WMMA4) when I get there shortly. WMMA4 has some new bantamweights that I will also edit and make as debuting fighters in 2001 eventually.

Weight classes in my world are

Heavyweight 206 -265

Middleweight 171-185

Lightweight 146-155

Bantamweight 126-135

Women's Bantamweight 126-135

I wanted to have more classes but scheduling is difficult enough with 5 and I wanted the weight classes really strong similar to the modern day UFC, and I schedule fights like the UFC so 5 title defenses will be against the best fighters in the world and will likely mean that guy is a HOF candidate.

Each organization is set into tiers so for example Alpha and Sigma are tier 1 orgs. when I initially set up the orgs I did so by rep so the all the highest guys went straight to GAMMA and the 2nd highest went to Alpha or Sigma depending on their weight. so fighters with 0-0 records with no rep have to fight through 8 tiers to get to GAMMA. regens also start at the bottom. I divided all the fighters up by 8 so some weight classes always going to have more. So for example MW has 33 fighters starting out in GAMMA while BW only 13 because there is only 104 BW in the world at this point. Eventually I started to add a fighter or two every month. I think that takes care of all the house keeping details.

I should note I am not a very good writer at all. I will have several spelling mistakes and my grammar will also be terrible. I think i'll most just post my results with a few comments from every card but I'll see how I get into a routine.

<p>GAMMA 22 Foster vs Fezzik</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Press Release<p> Our first event under new management is GAMMA 22. The card takes place Saturday 21st of January in 1998. Its mma's first card of 1998. GAMMA 22 is headlined two heavyweights and sure fire hall of famers James Foster(#2 32-4-1) looks to make his 4 title defense against the number 1 ranked P4P fight in the world, Hassan Fezzik (#25-0) in what many considering the biggest fight in MMA history thus far. Co-main event will see a number 1 contenders fight in the LW division Sukarno (#2 24-0) will put his unbeatable record on the line against fan favourite Truck Gleson (#7 21-4-1)</p><p> other main card bouts include Stuart Strange vs Jin Katou at Middleweight and lightweight contest between Helio vs Darin Blood. JJ Reid vs Nicolai Mickiewicz rounds out the main card. 3 prelim bouts will take place prior the PPV starting.</p></div></blockquote>

<p>GAMMA 22 Foster vs Fezzik report:</p><p> Saturday 21st, January 1998</p><p> Attendance 5,375 for a gate of 430,000</p><p> PPV 1,309,642 buys</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Thais Antonio Taffarel (17-2) #14 MW vs David Webb (14-3)</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Another match is about to begin; Thais Antonio Taffarel fights David 'Spider Man' Webb in the GAMMA Middleweight division. <p> >Round one begins!</p><p> >Taffarel feints left and tries to get Webb to commit to a strike, but gets no joy.</p><p> >Webb slips out of the way of a leg kick.</p><p> >A left jab misses and Taffarel counters with a kick to the ribs.</p><p> >A straight left fails to land and Taffarel is able to fire back with an excellent combination.</p><p> >Taffarel throws a leg kick but Webb avoids it.</p><p> >Webb avoids a low kick.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Taffarel looks like he wants to strike from the pocket.</p><p> >The two fighters move closer, ready to strike.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >Webb, standing at close range, catches a body kick and goes for a takedown, and gets it! Taffarel has to pull guard.</p><p> >Webb begins trying to pass the guard.</p><p> >Taffarel finds his opponent too skilled, and Webb passes guard into side control.</p><p> >Webb looks to get a mount.</p><p> >Taffarel can't fend off his opponent and is mounted.</p><p> >The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.</p><p> >Webb pounds away from the mount with elbows, but Taffarel covers up and defends them well.</p><p> >Webb shuts down Taffarel, who was trying to shrimp his way out of mount.</p><p> >Webb pounds away with elbows, but doesn't do much damage, if any, Taffarel covers up well.</p><p> >Taffarel tries a sweep from the bottom of the mount, but gets rolled and Webb has his back!</p><p> >Time expires and we come to the end of round one.</p><p> >The crowd is buzzing after a very exciting round.</p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Webb.</p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> >Webb grabs a body kick and goes for the takedown, getting it! Taffarel manages to pull guard.</p><p> >Webb attempts to pass guard.</p><p> >Taffarel can't do anything about the pass, and is left under side control.</p><p> >Webb tries to lock Taffarel in an arm triangle.</p><p> >Webb gets the arm triangle, sinks it in deeply, but Taffarel is still trying to fight out of it!</p><p> >No! He breaks free. That was really close.</p><p> >Webb blocks an attempt to pull guard.</p><p> >Webb attempts an armbar.</p><p> >An armbar is applied, Taffarel is trapped!</p><p> >Shockingly, Webb loses it! Taffarel pops his arm free, and has somehow survived!</p><p> >Taffarel tries to move to guard, but Webb doesn't allow it.</p><p> >Webb begins trying to get himself behind Taffarel.</p><p> >He rolls Taffarel over a little...and slips behind to take the back!</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >Webb successfully gets both hooks in, and seems primed to finish.</p><p> >Webb attempts to complete a rear naked choke, having both hooks fully in.</p><p> >Taffarel stops Webb from getting his arm under the chin and completing the choke.</p><p> >Webb keeps both hooks, despite Taffarel trying to pull them apart.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >With both hooks in, Webb tries to flatten Taffarel out for the rear naked choke.</p><p> >Taffarel stops Webb from getting his arm under the chin and completing the choke.</p><p> >Webb keeps both hooks, despite Taffarel trying to pull them apart.</p><p> >Webb, with both hooks in, attempts to get a rear naked choke fully applied.</p><p> >Taffarel doesn't allow the arm to go under his chin.</p><p> >The time is up, and that's the end of round two.</p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Webb.</p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> >Taffarel throws a barrage of big rights but Webb is quick to move out of range.</p><p> >Taffarel slips past a left jab and counters with a body kick.</p><p> >An exchange of strikes doesn't really lead to anything.</p><p> >In close proximity from the strikes they threw, they fall into a messy clinch.</p><p> >Getting underhooks, Webb looks for a takedown.</p><p> >Taffarel cannot stop being lifted up and blasted with a Greco-Roman slam, he can only pull half guard!</p><p> >Webb starts trying to work to get out of half guard and into a better position.</p><p> >Getting his leg free with ease, he gets to side control.</p><p> >Webb starts trying to work to use side control as a way to get behind Taffarel.</p><p> >He takes the back!</p><p> >Webb tries to lock Taffarel in an armbar.</p><p> >Taffarel gets caught by the armbar, and it's deep enough that he has to tap!</p><p> >The winner, by submission; David Webb!</p><p> >Official Result: David 'Spider Man' Webb defeats Thais Antonio Taffarel (Submission (Armbar) in 2:18 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great.</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wow great fight to start off GAMMA in this new era. David Webb ground game was too much for Tafferel. Nearly finished in him the 2nd before finishing Tafferel off in the 3rd. Webb made a statement like he needed to do because MW is GAMMA's most crowded division. Taffarel will get a second chance but he's going to need to improve his ground game because the division is filled with wrestlers and BJJ experts. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Mizuki Watanabe (5-0)#1 vs Karen Curtis (5-0)</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Next up, Mizuki Watanabe battles Karen 'The Demon' Curtis in the GAMMA Women's division. <p> >There's the opening bell!</p><p> >A left jab misses and Curtis strikes back with a crisp jab.</p><p> >Curtis tries for a left jab but Watanabe moves out of range.</p><p> >Watanabe comes in, looking for a quick takedown.</p><p> >Curtis saw the takedown coming, she tries to grab a guillotine.</p><p> >Curtis can't get the guillotine choke.</p><p> >The takedown is successful, Curtis pulls guard.</p><p> >Watanabe smothers Curtis with her body by pushing forward and down.</p><p> >Watanabe pounds away with elbows, but doesn't do much damage, if any, Curtis is comfortable holding guard.</p><p> >Curtis tries to ensnare Watanabe in a triangle.</p><p> >Watanabe pulls free before the triangle can be locked in.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Watanabe begins trying to pass guard and get a better position.</p><p> >Curtis is ready for the attempt though, and keeps Watanabe firmly in guard.</p><p> >Curtis attempts a guillotine choke from the bottom.</p><p> >Watanabe pulls her head free before the hold can be applied properly.</p><p> >Watanabe looks to pass guard and get side control.</p><p> >Curtis comfortably blocks the attempt and keeps Watanabe in guard.</p><p> >Curtis attempts a triangle choke on Watanabe from the bottom of the guard.</p><p> >Watanabe defends well against it.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >With no progress being made, the referee brings the fighters back to their feet.</p><p> >Watanabe swings wildly to get Curtis to cover up, then shoots in looking for a takedown.</p><p> >It looks like Curtis is trying to grab a guillotine.</p><p> >The guillotine attempt doesn't work.</p><p> >She drives forward, and despite the best efforts of Curtis to stay upright, the takedown is completed!</p><p> >Curtis ends up sitting, her legs trapped under Watanabe, with her back pressed against the cage.</p><p> >Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.</p><p> >There are some audible boos from the crowd, that wasn't the most exciting round we've ever seen.</p><p> >I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Watanabe.</p><p> >And here we go, round two!</p><p> >From what we could hear of her corner, it sounds like Curtis has been instructed to try and get Watanabe to the floor in this round.</p><p> >Curtis scores with a solid left jab.</p><p> >Watanabe throws a barrage of big right hands but Curtis moves out of range.</p><p> >Watanabe avoids a jab.</p><p> >Watanabe swings wildly to get Curtis to cover up, then shoots in looking for a takedown.</p><p> >Curtis cannot stop the takedown, and has to pull guard.</p><p> >Watanabe begins trying to pass the guard.</p><p> >She finds herself unable to pass guard on this attempt.</p><p> >Curtis works some separation, then tries to quickly scramble her way into a better position.</p><p> >There wasn't enough separation though, Watanabe is able to catch her and secure side control.</p><p> >Watanabe fires off a handful of punches, each easily being blocked with gloves.</p><p> >Watanabe blocks an attempted sweep.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Watanabe starts trying to work to use side control as a way to get behind Curtis.</p><p> >Watanabe takes the back, Curtis could do nothing about it.</p><p> >Watanabe increases her control by getting both hooks in.</p><p> >With both hooks in and therefore great control of the body, Watanabe tries to finish Curtis off with a rear naked choke.</p><p> >Curtis doesn't allow the rear naked choke to be applied.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >With both hooks in and therefore great control of the body, Watanabe tries to finish Curtis off with a rear naked choke.</p><p> >Curtis defends herself well against the choke.</p><p> >Round two ends as time expires.</p><p> >That round goes to Watanabe, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> >Both fighters come in and exchange strikes, but neither does any damage.</p><p> >Curtis swings with a couple of wild punches, then chooses to shoot in on Watanabe.</p><p> >Curtis can't get the takedown, Watanabe defends it well and pulls them into a clinch.</p><p> >Getting underhooks, Watanabe looks for a takedown.</p><p> >Watanabe doesn't get the takedown, Curtis blocked it.</p><p> >Watanabe loses control of Curtis, who breaks free from the grapple and backs off.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Curtis looks like she may want to wrestle Watanabe.</p><p> >Watanabe sees a chance for a takedown attempt, but Curtis is able to defend it.</p><p> >Mizuki Watanabe is looking really tired.</p><p> >Karen Curtis is looking really tired.</p><p> >Curtis hops around from foot to foot, looking for an opening.</p><p> >Watanabe seems to be waiting for Curtis to make a move.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >A tired-looking Curtis approaches, looking for a takedown.</p><p> >The takedown is blocked with a sprawl! Watanabe has Curtis at close quarters and wrestles her to the floor, finishing in her half guard.</p><p> >Watanabe throws a few right hands, but is mainly trying to catch her breath.</p><p> >Curtis tries to sweep Watanabe but can't do it.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >Watanabe begins trying to get her leg free of half guard and get a better position.</p><p> >She can't quite manage to get past half guard on this attempt.</p><p> >Curtis tries to sweep Watanabe but doesn't get anywhere.</p><p> >From the looks of things, I don't think Karen Curtis has much energy left.</p><p> >The fight comes to an end as the time limit expires.</p><p> >I have to give that round to Watanabe, but only a 10-9.</p><p> >The official scores are being reported now.</p><p> >All three judges score the contest as 30-27.</p><p> >The winner, by unanimous decision, is Mizuki Watanabe!</p><p> >Official Result: Mizuki Watanabe defeats Karen 'The Demon' Curtis (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Watanabe gets the job done here. Watanabe is the number 1 ranked women in the world and may be asking yourself why she is on the undercard but she has no name value in the united states like most women. Most women's fight will start on the prelims until they can build up some name value. Both women will need to work on their cardio as both looked extremely tired in the 3rd round. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Lars Bohlin (48-6) vs Masahiro Maeno (17-3)</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>In the last of the preliminary matches, 'Ice Cold' Lars Bohlin goes up against Masahiro Maeno in the GAMMA Bantamweight division. <p> >And here we go!</p><p> >Maeno waits for a flurry of punches to stop, then hits a stinging left jab.</p><p> >There's a takedown attempt from Maeno.</p><p> >Bohlin sprawls to stop the takedown, then pulls Maeno up close into a clinch.</p><p> >Bohlin uses dirty boxing and gets in a few crisp punches on Maeno as they grapple.</p><p> >Bohlin tries to wrestle Maeno backward and up against the cage.</p><p> >Bohlin does it, Maeno is stuck with his back to the cage.</p><p> >Maeno takes a sharp stomp to the foot.</p><p> >Bohlin smothers Maeno against the cage, then uses his dirty boxing skills to his advantage.</p><p> >Smothered against the cage, Maeno is stuck there, unable to do anything, for roughly sixty seconds.</p><p> >We pass the halfway mark of this round.</p><p> >Bohlin stomps down on his opponent's foot.</p><p> >Showing his ability to control opponents, Bohlin simply smothers Maeno against the cage for about a minute.</p><p> >The referee thinks there has been too little progress, and brings the two fighters back to the center.</p><p> >We're into the final minute of the round.</p><p> >There's a takedown attempt from Maeno.</p><p> >The takedown is unsuccessful, Maeno can only manage to push Bohlin up against the cage.</p><p> >With Bohlin stuck against the cage, Maeno gets the underhooks and looks for a takedown.</p><p> >Maeno can't get the takedown, but does get behind Bohlin when he attempts to wriggle free.</p><p> >Round one ends as time expires.</p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Bohlin.</p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> >Bohlin counters a left jab with a jab.</p><p> >Maeno shoots in for a takedown.</p><p> >The takedown doesn't work, Bohlin sprawled to defend it and then works into a clinch position.</p><p> >Bohlin uses dirty boxing and gets in a few crisp punches on Maeno as they grapple.</p><p> >Bohlin is trying to muscle Maeno up against the cage.</p><p> >Bohlin manages it, and controls Maeno up against the cage.</p><p> >Bohlin uses dirty boxing to punish Maeno while he is pressed up against the cage.</p><p> >Bohlin looks for an elbow strike, but Maeno out-wrestles him and switches them around so that he is in the dominant position.</p><p> >Maeno has gotten underhooks in and is looking to take Bohlin to the ground.</p><p> >Bohlin digs in and manages to defend the takedown.</p><p> >Bohlin creates a little bit of space, and that's enough for him to circle away out of the grapple and back to the center.</p><p> >Bohlin looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Maeno.</p><p> >Maeno finds himself pulled into a grappling contest.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Bohlin is trying to muscle Maeno up against the cage.</p><p> >Bohlin does it, Maeno is stuck with his back to the cage.</p><p> >Bohlin uses dirty boxing to punish Maeno while he is pressed up against the cage.</p><p> >Bohlin pins Maeno up against the cage and uses dirty boxing to inflict some damage.</p><p> >Breathing very hard, Lars Bohlin is looking ragged.</p><p> >Bohlin pins Maeno up against the cage and hits a couple of nice right hands to the side of the head.</p><p> >Maeno wrestles back against Bohlin, turning him around so that he now has his back to the cage.</p><p> >Masahiro Maeno is looking really tired.</p><p> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</p><p> >Maeno tries a foot stomp, but that puts him off balance and allows Bohlin to turn him so that he ends up backed against the cage.</p><p> >Having been stuck against the cage for a while without any progress, the referee brings them back to the center.</p><p> >Looking very tired, Maeno comes in throwing ragged haymakers, using them as cover so that he can shoot in.</p><p> >Maeno is stopped by a good sprawl, and is pulled down to the ground in a loose front facelock until he is on his knees.</p><p> >Lars Bohlin seems to be fighting against exhaustion.</p><p> >Round two is brought to an end as time runs out.</p><p> >That round goes to Bohlin, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> >As he sits on his stool, Maeno starts getting psyched up - he knows it's now or never.</p><p> >There's the bell and round number three begins!</p><p> >Advancing, Maeno counters a left jab by using a straight left.</p><p> >Maeno counters a flurry of punches with a left.</p><p> >Maeno counters a wayward left jab with a solid left jab.</p><p> >A tired Maeno moves forward, looking for a takedown.</p><p> >Bohlin stuffs the takedown attempt and then pulls Maeno into a clinch.</p><p> >Masahiro Maeno seems to be fighting against exhaustion.</p><p> >Bohlin tries to wrestle Maeno backward and up against the cage.</p><p> >He does so, and now has Maeno pinned to the cage.</p><p> >Maeno takes a sharp stomp to the foot.</p><p> >Maeno is controlled up against the cage and takes a hard foot stomp.</p><p> >Bohlin tries to throw an elbow, but Maeno takes the opportunity to turn his opponent around so that Bohlin ends up backed against the cage instead.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >With Bohlin stuck against the cage, Maeno gets the underhooks and looks for a takedown.</p><p> >He hoists Bohlin up and grounds him with a Greco-Roman slam.</p><p> >Bohlin ends up sitting, his legs trapped under Maeno, with his back pressed against the cage.</p><p> >Maeno tries to improve his position.</p><p> >Bohlin doesn't let Maeno get the mount.</p><p> >Masahiro Maeno looks totally gassed.</p><p> >Bohlin hits some weak punches to the upper back, but they're more out of frustration than anything.</p><p> >Maeno starts trying to get Bohlin on his back so that he can gain a better position.</p><p> >Maeno shows his ground skills and gets to side control.</p><p> >Lars Bohlin looks exhausted.</p><p> >The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.</p><p> >Maeno attempts an armbar.</p><p> >Maeno gets an armbar and applies pressure to the arm, Bohlin is in huge trouble!</p><p> >Out of the blue, Bohlin pops his arm free! Maeno must not have had it locked in as tight as it looked.</p><p> >Bohlin attempts to get some separation in order to try to stand, but can't.</p><p> >Maeno attempts to arm triangle Bohlin from side control.</p><p> >Maeno gets the arm triangle fully applied!</p><p> >No! He breaks free. That was really close.</p><p> >The fight comes to an end as the time limit expires.</p><p> >I think Maeno took that round, 10-9 on my score card.</p><p> >The judges' scores are now being announced.</p><p> >All three judges have given 29-28.</p><p> >So the winner, by unanimous decision, is 'Ice Cold' Lars Bohlin!</p><p> >Official Result: 'Ice Cold' Lars Bohlin defeats Masahiro Maeno (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> what a grinding decision. I thought Maeno might have been able to use his great scrambling skills to possibly get the better of Lars, but Lars appeared to be too big for Maeno. Lars wore Maeno and himself down and won a close decision. that kind of fight doesn't do much to improve his name value nor put him in line for a big time fight for a big time fight but he got the job done. At 31 and a record of 49-6 you gotta wonder if all those fight miles are adding up. Maeno will move to the bottom of the BW ladder and may welcome a GAMMA newcomer in his next fight we'll see.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Nicolai Mickiewicz (19-4) vs JJ Reid (24-5)</strong></p><p> Nicolai Mickiewicz beat JJ Reid by Unanimous decision. it was rated decent. Apparently I did not save this or the Helio vs Darin Blood fight. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Helio (14-1)#10 vs Darin Blood (13-4)</strong></p><p> Helio stops Darin Blood early. Helio puts Blood down with a straight right and follow up with a stomp and it was all over at 1:30 in the 1st round. rated as good. Helio makes a big time statement and possibly puts himself in line for a title shot at LW. </p><p> Blood tells me after the fight backstage he would like to fight Azor Portela Nunes. Gotta see what happens with Nunes in his fight.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Stu Strange (16-2)#8 vs Jin Katou (17-0)</strong></p><p> Stuart Strange found success early in round 1 with a takedown on Katou. His was far too confident in his sub d and got caught in a deep triangle and Katou made him tap at 3:19 in the 1st. rated as decent.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Sukarno (24-0)#2 vs Truck Gleeson (21-4-1)#7</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>The co-main event is up next. 'Fury Awoken' Sukarno goes head to head with 'The Truck Man' Truck Gleeson in the GAMMA Lightweight division. <p> >The hype videos for this event have been saying that this match will be very exciting....let's see if they're right.</p><p> >Round one begins!</p><p> >A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing Sukarno to fire back with a nice jab.</p><p> >They both meet with strikes, but neither does any damage.</p><p> >Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up clinched.</p><p> >Gleeson gets caught with a couple of nice short punches as Sukarno uses his dirty boxing to inflict some punishment.</p><p> >Gleeson is looking to muscle Sukarno back against the cage.</p><p> >Gleeson does it, Sukarno is stuck with his back to the cage.</p><p> >Gleeson keeps Sukarno up against the cage with wrestling, then uses a hard foot stomp.</p><p> >Gleeson scores with an elbow strike from the clinch that catches Sukarno hard.</p><p> >Gleeson catches Sukarno with a hard right hand to the ribs.</p><p> >Gleeson hits Sukarno with a short, sharp right uppercut, wobbling him.</p><p> >Sukarno is controlled up against the cage and takes an elbow to the face from the clinch.</p><p> >Gleeson pins Sukarno up against the cage and hits a couple of nice right hands to the side of the head.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >With the fighters having been stuck against the cage for quite a while, the referee bringing them back to the center.</p><p> >Sukarno comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.</p><p> >Gleeson uses movement to keep out reach, frustrating Sukarno.</p><p> >Gleeson is looking to get in close and strike from the pocket.</p><p> >He gets into range.</p><p> >Gleeson is looking to turn this into a wrestling match, and is getting in closer to Sukarno.</p><p> >Sukarno is too quick, and manages to hit Gleeson with a good clean left jab.</p><p> >Sukarno looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</p><p> >Gleeson keeps himself moving out of range.</p><p> >The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.</p><p> >Gleeson looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Sukarno.</p><p> >Gleeson gets caught out and eats a stiff left jab.</p><p> >The time is up, and that's the end of round one.</p><p> >Good round, that's the sort of action we like to see.</p><p> >I have to give that round to Gleeson, but only a 10-9.</p><p> >There's the bell and round number two begins!</p><p> >Between rounds we could hear the corner of Sukarno telling him to go right at Gleeson, hard and fast.</p><p> >Gleeson steps back to avoid a tight combination of punches after falling for a clever feint.</p><p> >Both fighters come toe-to-toe and strike, but none of the strikes result in significant damage being done.</p><p> >From the missed strikes they clinch.</p><p> >Gleeson hits Sukarno with some short strikes to the side of the head while grappling.</p><p> >Sukarno tries to wriggle free, but Gleeson controls him well and gets in a few close-range punches too.</p><p> >Sukarno is aiming to get Gleeson into a Muay Thai clinch.</p><p> >Gleeson doesn't let himself get caught, and slips out of the grapple.</p><p> >Both fighters exchange strikes, but neither hits anything significant.</p><p> >Gleeson gets suckered in by a feint, and is lucky to avoid the combination that follows.</p><p> >Sukarno looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Gleeson.</p><p> >He gets into range.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >They both meet with strikes, but neither does any damage.</p><p> >Sukarno uses head movement to dodge a jab, and counters with a barrage of huge right hands, trapping Gleeson against the cage!</p><p> >Gleeson collapses to the ground and is still getting pounded on!</p><p> >Gleeson is taking a lot of shots, the referee has no option but to leap in and stop the fight!</p><p> >The winner, by TKO, is 'Fury Awoken' Sukarno!</p><p> >Official Result: 'Fury Awoken' Sukarno defeats 'The Truck Man' Truck Gleeson (TKO (Strikes) in 3:21 of round 2). The match was rated as being Great.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> Gleeson was finding some success in round 1 and I actually was thinking he may pull a huge upset. Sukarno showed why he is one of the pound for pound best in the world and really put the screws to Gleeson in the 2nd. Sukarno I think with this performance and his name value just made himself the number #1 contender for whoever wins the Lightweight title fight between Sean Morrison and Julio Regeuiro.</p><p> </p><p> and now the main event. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>James Foster © (32-4-1) vs Hassan Fezzik (25-0)</strong></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>It's time for the main event of the evening! 'The King Of Ground And Pound' James Foster will battle 'The Big Bad' Hassan Fezzik in the GAMMA Heavyweight division. <p> >The GAMMA Heavyweight title on the line in this match. </p><p> >There's a buzz about this bout, the promotional videos have got the fans expecting some fireworks.</p><p> >Round one begins!</p><p> >Both fighters come in and exchange strikes, but neither does any damage.</p><p> >From the missed strikes they clinch.</p><p> >Foster is trying to push Fezzik so that his back is up against the cage.</p><p> >Fezzik out-wrestles him though.</p><p> >Getting underhooks, Fezzik looks for a takedown.</p><p> >Fezzik can't get the takedown, as Foster wrestles his way into a dominant position.</p><p> >Using his wrestling skills, Foster is trying to push Fezzik up against the cage.</p><p> >Foster can't do it though, and Fezzik gets a more dominant position in the grapple instead.</p><p> >Fezzik tries to pick Foster up for a slam.</p><p> >There's the slam! Foster is planted onto his back, and pulls guard.</p><p> >Fezzik throws a few right hands, but is mainly trying to catch his breath.</p><p> >Fezzik attempts to pass guard and gain a better position.</p><p> >Fezzik struggles but cannot find a way past and remains stuck in guard.</p><p> >Foster tries to catch Fezzik with a punch, but it is not on target.</p><p> >We move into the second half of this round.</p><p> >Foster is controlled against the ground, unable to shift Fezzik off of him.</p><p> >The clock runs down as Foster is being smothered against the ground by Fezzik.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >With no progress being made, the referee brings the fighters back to their feet.</p><p> >Fezzik avoids a jab.</p><p> >An exchange of blows doesn't really produce any damage or a clear advantage.</p><p> >Fezzik chooses to shoot in on Foster.</p><p> >The takedown is successful, Foster pulls guard.</p><p> >Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.</p><p> >Not much happened in that round, hopefully the fighters will pick up the pace a bit when we restart.</p><p> >That round goes to Fezzik, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> >Fezzik counters a wayward left jab with a kick to the outside of the left knee.</p><p> >Fezzik slips out of the way of a jab.</p><p> >Foster is looking to turn this into a wrestling match, and is getting in closer to Fezzik.</p><p> >Not wanting to grapple, Fezzik uses strikes to keep Foster at a distance.</p><p> >Foster slams a crisp right into the gloves of Fezzik, but can't follow up.</p><p> >The fight slows as Fezzik sits back and allows Foster to circle.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Foster looks like he may want to wrestle Fezzik.</p><p> >Foster walks into a big jab, landing right on the cheek.</p><p> >Fezzik chooses to shoot in on Foster.</p><p> >He has the takedown! It's a single leg, and Foster has to pull guard.</p><p> >The clock runs down as Foster is being smothered against the ground by Fezzik.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >Fezzik looks to get past the guard.</p><p> >He passes to half guard.</p><p> >Fezzik looks to get past the half guard.</p><p> >He can't get free of half guard.</p><p> >Fezzik blocks Foster as he tries a transition to full guard.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >Fezzik attempts an arm triangle.</p><p> >Foster blocks it.</p><p> >Round two is brought to an end as time runs out.</p><p> >I have to give that round to Fezzik, but only a 10-9.</p><p> >We are back underway!</p><p> >Both fighters come in and exchange strikes, but neither does any damage.</p><p> >Fezzik uses a nice combination as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.</p><p> >The takedown is completed, it was a single leg and Foster is left on his back pulling guard.</p><p> >Foster is controlled against the ground, unable to shift Fezzik off of him.</p><p> >Fezzik looks to get past the guard.</p><p> >He finds himself unable to pass guard on this attempt.</p><p> >Foster tries to catch Fezzik with a punch, but it is not on target.</p><p> >We move into the second half of this round.</p><p> >Fezzik begins trying to pass guard and get a better position.</p><p> >He finds himself unable to pass guard on this attempt.</p><p> >Foster works some separation, then tries to quickly scramble his way into a better position.</p><p> >There wasn't enough separation though, Fezzik is able to catch him and secure side control.</p><p> >Fezzik attempts to roll Foster slightly and take his back.</p><p> >He shows excellent control to move Foster over and take his back.</p><p> >Fezzik fires away with right hands, Foster is getting pounded.</p><p> >Foster had better start defending himself, or this will be over!</p><p> >The referee stops the fight, he didn't feel Foster was intelligently defending himself!</p><p> >By TKO, the winner is Hassan Fezzik!</p><p> >Official Result: 'The Big Bad' Hassan Fezzik defeats 'The King Of Ground And Pound' James Foster (TKO (Strikes) in 4:17 of round 3). The match was rated as being Poor.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well styles make fights and the two greatest heavyweights of all time styles don't make for a classic war. Both fighters respect each other so much that both commented afterwards they were both nervous to make a mistake because they knew how skilled their opponent is. Fezzik wins the title and cements himself in my eyes as a hall of famer. He's only 32 years old so he still has a few years left in his prime and with all the heavyweight talent in the world available we might see the biggest mma heavyweight fight in each of his title defenses. James Foster despite losing is still the biggest star in the sport. So look for his rebound fight to be a main event of a ppv and he is already talking about a rematch.</p><p> </p><p> Show Summary </p><p> fight of the night Sukarno vs Truck Gleeson</p><p> Ko of the night Helio</p><p> Sub of the night David Webb</p><p> </p><p> Critical Success Decent</p><p> Commericail Success Great</p><p> </p><p> Pretty happy about our first show overall. There was so much hype for the heavyweight title fight that the fans I think forgot both these guys fought to their strengths and so much was on the line that it wasn't going to be a exciting stand up war. Bonuses were awarded to the above fighters and each fighter took him a extra 5 grand.</p>

Around the world: Week 4

South American Martial Arts held their first event on Saturday January 28th, Main Event saw Jimmy Schott moving to 4-0 into his early mma career. He finished Nshan Ramazyan in the 3rd round with Americana in what the media thought was a great fight. Co main event saw two big time prospects Ikeda Kenkichio winning KO of the night against Hans Christian Bloch. The 20 year old Kenkichio looks to have a very bright future in mma.

HILITE also held their first event on Saturday. Main event saw 22 year old Middleweight Kramer Mayweather beat Riley Huxtable via strikes early in round 1. He looks like he's due for step up into the next org already.

Fight announcement: GAMMA Futures Yamamoto vs Ziskie

Saturday February 7th GAMMA brings live fights to television in our first tv event. The plan is to have a major show GAMMA Fight Night and a more minor tv show GAMMA Futures. This show will likely be used a springboard for the newer fighters in GAMMA to gain name value, so expect a lot of non American fighters on this show. A lot of the women don't have high enough name value in the US yet to be on a main card so a lot of the top women's fights will take place on these cards.

Our first event Futures event series has our inaugural Bantamweight title fight. Many expected to see Li-Kong Ho in this fight however his isn't the huge star that Go Yamamoto is and the GAMMA brass thought it was best to have a American in the title fight so Ziskie who has a pretty big name for himself in the states and has a great look and record should be headlining the card.

Bantamweight Title Bout:Go Yamamoto 26-9 vs Philip Ziskie 17-1-1

This will be the first fight at Bantamweight for both fighters. Yamamoto is huge star internationally and has the biggest name of all the current Bantamweights signed. He receives a chance at the title despite the fact he's coming off a lost, albeit in a different weight class. Philip Ziskie is a star in the making. Scouts and media consider him one of the most marketable guys in all of mma let alone a shallow newly created Bantamweight division. I'll honestly be happy whoever wins, hopefully I can convince Ho to take a non title fight and build up some more hype for him before he faces the winner.

LW:Alan Kendall 12-3 vs Luis Basora 19-3

Both fighters are ranked in the top 10. Both have some name value and are on winning streaks. Winner of this is going to be in line for a very high profile LW fight. possibly a number 1 contenders fight. Kendall best asset is his chin while Basora has world class judo. He's also got a pretty good chin as well so I doubt we see a KO.

WBW:Haley Croft 5-0 vs Vicki Summers 5-0

Both women have yet to taste defeat and are both highly ranked. This is my attempt for one to build some name value. Winner likely moves up the ladder close to a title shot simply because they're American. Classic striker vs grappler here folks.

HW:Affonso Villar 22-2 vs Ari Peltonen 23-7

No LHW division in GAMMA means one of the most ruthless LHW in the world fights at HW now. at just 22 and no name value in the US there is plenty of time for Villar to be built up. Peltonen doesn't have any name value either in the US but these guys reputation from what they've done outside the US is enough to get them a main card spot on my first Futures show. This is a showcase fight for Villar, granted its a tough one against a gritty vet. I think Villar matches up well against Peltonen and Ari has a good chin on him so I think it will be a good test for Villar to get his feet wet at HW.

Prelims:

HW:Harry Milne 41-7 vs Roberto Aldez 42-11

All the prelims I didn't give much thought to. Both guys have zero name value and are both approaching the end of their primes so I wanted to get them a fight quick and maybe there will be time for one of them to have a run. striker vs grappler here, loser will find himself at the bottom of a crowded heavyweight division and it might be a one and done situation based on some of the guys rep in ALPHA-1 so a impressive performance is needed even with a non televised bout.

WBW: Rhonda Britton 4-1 vs Taniko Uchiyama 4-0

with no name value in the united states both these women find themselves on the prelims of this card. both aren't American either so I matched them up with each other. another striker vs grappler and me throwing a match up at the wall and hoping something sticks and we get a entertaining fight.

WBW: Hanako Shimizu 7-0 vs Erica Page 7-2

in hindsight perhaps the above match up should have opened the card because both these women are highly ranked but the card order has already been locked in. Both these women again have no name value but both are highly ranked. Winner probably will get a main card fight on a upcoming Futures card regardless of name value based on their ranking alone. Shimizu sits at #4 right now while Page is at #7.

Press Release:

GAMMA is pleased to announce we have finalized GAMMA Fight Night 1 Morrison vs Reguerio. Our GAMMA Fight Night will be a monthly tv fight card featuring some of GAMMA's brightest stars. Most of these fights will be showcase fights that will lead to bigger PPV fights at later dates. Our fight night series for now will feature 4 main card bouts with 4 prelim fights.

GAMMA Fight Night 1 is headline by the most dominating LW fighter in mma history, Sean Morrison 27-3. Sean is looking to make his 6th title defense against his toughest opponent thus far. With GAMMA doing away with the WW division this left the former GAMMA WW champion without a division. To patch things over with Regueiro he was granted a title fight against Morrison. This is a huge fight for the hardcore's and the casual fans. You just don't see champion vs champion superfights too often in this business and both fighters are in their primes. Morrison is the P4P #9 ranked fighter according to the rankings despite being the most dominate champion in GAMMA for years and Julio is the number 2 in the P4P rankings.

GAMMA FIGHT NIGHT 1 card:

Saturday Feb 21st

LW Title Bout: Sean Morrison © 27-3 #3 vs Julio Regueiro 20-0 #1

Morrison is still pissed the media has him ranked as the number 3 LW in GAMMA, when he's been the champ for a couple years. Regueiro takes the top ranking in the media's eyes because he's higher in the p4p rankings in a higher weight class. A lot of hype for this fight on my first major television card. Big risk because both fighters strength is grappling and it might not live up to the hype in the fans eyes. I'll be happy with whoever wins this. Both guys are at the same name value as the company or higher and a argument could be made this is a bigger superfight than Foster vs Fezzik. I'm hoping for a clean finish as the legendary Sukarno awaits the winner of this fight after he Truck Gleson at GAMMA 22.

Co-main event: MW: Heiji Endo 12-1 vs Josh Aldarisio 15-1

Now this fight is a little light on name value but I think I can get away with it given the main event is a huge superfight that would do great PPV buys. Both these guys are all massive winning streaks but are both sitting at 20 and 21 in the rankings because MW is the deepest division in the sport. Aldarisio is moving up from WW so we will see how he deals with a natural MW, in Endo.

HW Linfield Ballard 20-7 vs Mason Archer 15-3

Ballard moves up from LHW and will likely be one of the smaller HW on the roster, he'll fight around 215 pounds. Archer is one of the bigger natural heavyweights at 6'8 and fights at 260. We'll see right away how a smaller heavyweight will far against some of the monsters that lurk in GAMMA's heavyweight division. Both are strikers so I expect a violent finish and the winner to get a main card ppv fight next.

LW Easton Frye 13-4 vs Milenko Rudonja 17-4

This is a battle between two small LW who would be fighting at FW if GAMMA still had that division. Rudonja is a unknown karate fighter from Slovenia with a winning streak against most unknown fighters in Europe. His winning streak will be tested along with his ground game against the ground and pound of Frye. This division is deep and I am seeing what I have here in these two fighters. Frye is interesting because he fits the black demographic. If he's impressive here, he may be someone I push because the division is deep and I can afford to take my time building him up as one of the company's black stars.

Prelims

BW Tomohiro Takeuchi 16-2 vs Norberto 27-5

Takeuchi was a highly ranked FW and is dropping down to BW, he's huge for this weight class. He brings with him a impressive winning streak and is regarded as the number 11 ranked P4P fighter in the world. Unfortunately he's not the most entertaining guy and he has little name value in the US, so he's such on the prelims. Norberto at 33 is the oldest fighter in the BW division. Many people believe he's approaching the end of his prime so he's looking for big BW fights right away. He also has little to no name value in the US, thus the match up with one another. I'll get a highly ranked challenger with little name value out of this, who perhaps will take on Lars Bohlin who won his fight but is in the same boat for name value. With Li-Kong Ho awaiting a title shot, I have some time to build some name value up for some of these guys so they won't be rushed into a title fight with no name value.

WBW: Chiyo Yanagimoto 7-1 vs Hester Maclean 5-0

Chiyo is the number 3 ranked p4p women in the world but has no name value at all in the US so she finds herself on the prelims. I've matched her up with former XCC WBW champ Maclean here. Most of the women's fights are about fleshing out the divisions early and letting the best fighters raise to the top regardless of name value.

MW Hananobu Oshiro 15-5 vs Chew Chua 17-4

This one got added late. Patrick Thomas was the original opponent for Oshiro but had a minor injury and pulled out. In steps Chua, both fighters have zero name value and both are at the very bottom of the rankings so a boring loss for one of these guys might mean a trip to ALPHA-1.

LW Charles Stiles 14-2 vs Syed Tan 13-2-1

the event opens with JJ vs kicking boxing. Stiles comes into GAMMA on a loss, which is rare as most fighters have lengthy win streaks. His leash will be short as his rep is pretty close to a lot of the top ranked ALPHA LWs. Syed is dropping down from WW, and is known as a vicious striker. My media guys tells me his marketability could not be lower though. If the guy is knocking people out he will grab fans attention even if he doesn't speak English.

GAMMA FIGHT NIGHT 1 card:

Saturday Feb 21st

LW Title Bout: Sean Morrison © 27-3 #3 vs Julio Regueiro 20-0 #1

Morrison is still pissed the media has him ranked as the number 3 LW in GAMMA, when he's been the champ for a couple years. Regueiro takes the top ranking in the media's eyes because he's higher in the p4p rankings in a higher weight class. A lot of hype for this fight on my first major television card. Big risk because both fighters strength is grappling and it might not live up to the hype in the fans eyes. I'll be happy with whoever wins this. Both guys are at the same name value as the company or higher and a argument could be made this is a bigger superfight than Foster vs Fezzik. I'm hoping for a clean finish as the legendary Sukarno awaits the winner of this fight after he mauled Truck Gleson at GAMMA 22.

Co-main event: MW: Heiji Endo 12-1 vs Josh Aldarisio 15-1

Now this fight is a little light on name value but I think I can get away with it given the main event is a huge superfight that would do great PPV buys. Both these guys are all massive winning streaks but are both sitting at 20 and 21 in the rankings because MW is the deepest division in the sport. Aldarisio is moving up from WW so we will see how he deals with a natural MW, in Endo.

HW Linfield Ballard 20-7 vs Mason Archer 15-3

Ballard moves up from LHW and will likely be one of the smaller HW on the roster, he'll fight around 215 pounds. Archer is one of the bigger natural heavyweights at 6'8 and fights at 260. We'll see right away how a smaller heavyweight will far against some of the monsters that lurk in GAMMA's heavyweight division. Both are strikers so I expect a violent finish and the winner to get a main card ppv fight next.

LW Easton Frye 13-4 vs Milenko Rudonja 17-4

This is a battle between two small LW who would be fighting at FW if GAMMA still had that division. Rudonja is a unknown karate fighter from Slovenia with a winning streak against most unknown fighters in Europe. His winning streak will be tested along with his ground game against the ground and pound of Frye. This division is deep and I am seeing what I have here in these two fighters. Frye is interesting because he fits the black demographic. If he's impressive here, he may be someone I push because the division is deep and I can afford to take my time building him up as one of the company's black stars.

Prelims

BW Tomohiro Takeuchi 16-2 vs Norberto 27-5

Takeuchi was a highly ranked FW and is dropping down to BW, he's huge for this weight class. He brings with him a impressive winning streak and is regarded as the number 11 ranked P4P fighter in the world. Unfortunately he's not the most entertaining guy and he has little name value in the US, so he's such on the prelims. Norberto at 33 is the oldest fighter in the BW division. Many people believe he's approaching the end of his prime so he's looking for big BW fights right away. He also has little to no name value in the US, thus the match up with one another. I'll get a highly ranked challenger with little name value out of this, who perhaps will take on Lars Bohlin who won his fight but is in the same boat for name value. With Li-Kong Ho awaiting a title shot, I have some time to build some name value up for some of these guys so they won't be rushed into a title fight with no name value.

WBW: Chiyo Yanagimoto 7-1 vs Hester Maclean 5-0

Chiyo is the number 3 ranked p4p women in the world but has no name value at all in the US so she finds herself on the prelims. I've matched her up with former XCC WBW champ Maclean here. Most of the women's fights are about fleshing out the divisions early and letting the best fighters raise to the top regardless of name value.

MW Hananobu Oshiro 15-5 vs Chew Chua 17-4

This one got added late. Patrick Thomas was the original opponent for Oshiro but had a minor injury and pulled out. In steps Chua, both fighters have zero name value and both are at the very bottom of the rankings so a boring loss for one of these guys might mean a trip to ALPHA-1.

LW Charles Stiles 14-2 vs Syed Tan 13-2-1

the event opens with JJ vs kicking boxing. Stiles comes into GAMMA on a loss, which is rare as most fighters have lengthy win streaks. His leash will be short as his rep is pretty close to a lot of the top ranked ALPHA LWs. Syed is dropping down from WW, and is known as a vicious striker. My media guys tells me his marketability could not be lower though. If the guy is knocking people out he will grab fans attention even if he doesn't speak English.

Week 1 around the world:

Very busy week with many orgs running their first shows of the year.

Sigma : Ripley vs LeToussier took place on Tuesday in Texas. Sigma features the BW & MW classes, its the final organizations fighters fight in before getting the call to GAMMA. Opening the night was former BCF MW champ Davis Spyrou #13 MW taking on Simon Vine. Fans got a early potential fight of the year even with it ending in controversy. here is a replay of the fight

>Moving on to the next match, in which 'The Spartan' Davis Spyrou goes head to head with Simon 'Hell Boy' Vine in the SIGMA Middleweight division.

>And here we go!

>An errant jab sets Vine up to counter-strike with a stinging left jab.

>Vine slips out of the way of a body kick.

>There's a takedown attempt from Vine.

>Vine walks into a big right jab, landing right on the cheek.

>Spyrou counters an errant left jab with a nice right hand.

>Spyrou slips past a left jab and counters with a clean jab.

>Backing out of range, Spyrou circles tentatively.

>Vine steps in closer to force the issue.

>We move into the second half of this round.

>Vine avoids a flurry of punches and hits a straight left.

>Spyrou comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.

>Vine lets Spyrou get closer.

>Vine comes in, looking for a quick double leg takedown from close range.

>Vine goes under an attempted counter left hand.

>Vine has the takedown! Spyrou pulls guard.

>Vine unloads with big right hands from the guard, but Spyrou is able to deal with most of them.

>Spyrou throws out some punches, but Vine leans back to avoid them.

>We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.

>Time slips away as Vine successfully keeps Spyrou stuck against the ground.

>In guard, Vine catches his breath, content just to throw a couple of punches to the body.

>Vine looks to get past the guard.

>Vine is too much for Spyrou, passing guard and gaining side control.

>Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.

>That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Vine.

>Round two begins!

>It sounded like his corner told Vine to attempt to get Spyrou to the floor in this round.

>A left jab misses and Spyrou counters with two hard left hands!

>Spyrou tries for a left jab but Vine uses head movement to avoid it.

>Vine uses head movement to cause a left jab to sail harmlessly by.

>Spyrou tries for a body kick but Vine sees it coming and avoids it.

>A barrage of big right hands are thrown but Vine covers up well.

>Spyrou throws a flurry of punches but Vine covers up well.

>Spyrou scores with a heavy body kick.

>We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.

>Spyrou tries for a left jab but Vine uses head movement to avoid it.

>Not comfortable in the pocket, Spyrou steps back and creates some space.

>A showdown where they both exchange strikes only results in a stalemate.

>Vine looks to be trying to close the distance between them.

>Spyrou finds himself pulled into a grappling contest.

>The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.

>Vine looks to scoop his opponent up for a slam.

>Vine has him! Slams him down! Spyrou pulls guard.

>Vine pounds away with right hands from the guard, but doesn't really do a great deal of damage.

>Vine leans back to avoid a couple of wild swings from Spyrou.

>Vine lies on top of Spyrou, basically smothering him.

>The time runs out on round two.

>I think Spyrou took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

>We are back underway!

>From what we could hear of his corner, it sounds like Spyrou has been instructed to vary his angles of approach a bit more.

>Vine avoids a kick to the leg and hits a crisp left hand punch.

>Vine steps back to avoid a kick to the body.

>Vine steps back to avoid a leg kick.

>Vine comes in, looking for a quick takedown.

>Spyrou sprawls, stopping the takedown and forcing Vine down to the ground into a type of turtle position.

>Spyrou hits a devastating soccer kick to the body!

>Spyrou hits a vicious soccer kick to the body of the turtled Vine!

>Fearing more kicks coming, Vine rolls onto his back.

>Spyrou kicks Vine to the thigh.

>Stepping in, Spyrou blasts Vine with a vicious stomp!

>Spyrou looks to get on top of Vine.

>Vine is too quick, slipping away from Spyrou and starting to scramble.

>The scramble leaves Spyrou turtled up with Vine behind.

>Spyrou cannot stop himself being rolled and secured in side control.

>Vine looks to get a mount.

>He does it, and has the mount on Spyrou.

>Vine pounds away from the mount, and Spyrou struggles to deal with them.

>The referee jumps in and stops the match!

>Most of the fans are booing loudly now, that really was a very premature stoppage and Spyrou is quite rightly furious!

>The winner, by TKO, is Simon 'Hell Boy' Vine!

>Official Result: Simon 'Hell Boy' Vine defeats 'The Spartan' Davis Spyrou (TKO (Strikes) in 4:15 of round 3). The match was rated as being Fantastic.

Spyrou had Vine on the ropes late landing stomps, loses a scramble and gets pounded out late. What a fantastic fight.

Moving along Buddy Garner moved to 14-0 with a kimura win over Ashley Ballard late in the first round. His next fight will almost certainly but in GAMMA.

Main Event saw the brass motor mouth LeToussier move to 13-0 winning the Sigma MW title early in the first round over Sutton Ripley. At low level national he will be the first call up in the MW division. I want to get everyone at least one fight so I guess there is a chance Sigma runs another event and he may get another fight.

ISL 1 took place on Wednesday from Hawaii saw Moss Gilbert move to 6-0 with a impressive first round tko over Kojuro ijichi.

OMEGA Sheedy vs Cobblepot also took place on Wednesday. OMEGA is the organization step right below ALPHA-1 that runs HW & LW fights. Many of the fighters fighting on this show will see time in GAMMA. This show was cracking. Its has a shot at show of the year in my opinion. Had not 1 but 2 fantastic rated fights by the media. The first being Rodolphe Gygax (22-12) knocking Duane Weatherly out cold in the 2nd round. The very next fight saw Dana Delaney (9-2) knock Aaron McBroom with a hellacious right hook also in the 2nd round. Main event was rated good as Frank Sheedy beat Jack Cobblepot by decision.

Dragon 1 : Morais vs Aaronson card took place on Wednesday as well from Mississippi. It wasn't a great card as most fights went to the decision. Coltrane Aaronson moved to 5-0 with a first round ko over Wilson Morais.

Thursday

Q-cage 1: Ellis vs Richards. What a popping card. Helena Broderick opens the card with a fantastic rated straight right with knocked Nina Belle silly. Tabitha Cameron broke Violet Benes jaw with a vicious knee in the 2nd round. Rain Richards in the main event knocked out Diane Ellis in just over a minute. Violence everywhere on this card.

UCFF 1: Jones vs Dooley

Chuck Dooley (4-0) beats Damien Jones and wins the UCFF HW title with a 3rd round tko. Nigel Collet (3-0) knocked Raymond Austin in the co main event stiff with a 30 second ko. Austin had to be carried out on a stretcher.

Friday

LOCC 1:Wai vs Banner

Lamant Banner (2-0) knocks out Masato Wai in just 18 seconds. Banner either has ungodly power or Wai has a glass jaw, time will tell. Lamont Banner might be the brightest mma prospect at BW.

Saturday just prior to GAMMA Futures show.

ALPHA-1 Patinkin vs Kitabatake

Sho Kitabatake (14-0) beats a game Junior Patinkin in a good heavyweight title bout. Kitabatake is on the short list for guys who will be first brought up to GAMMA at Heavyweight.

Sunday:

KDM 4 : Babish vs Morales

Dwayne Alleyne took out Cooper Richardson in a great fight and won FOTN and KO of the night. Guillermo Morales move to 8-0-1 winning the KDM MW title with a tko over Chaz Babish.

GAMMA Futures Yamamoto vs Ziskie Report:

Saturday February 7th 1998

2035 in Nevada for a gate of $162,800

PPV buys NA

Hanako Shimizu 7-0 vs Erica Page 7-2

>Next up, 'Canadian Storm' Erica Page fights Hanako 'The Storm Bringer' Shimizu in the GAMMA Women's division.

>And here we go!

>Shimizu tries for a right jab but Page moves out of range.

>Shimizu tries for a leg kick but Page moves out of range.

>Shimizu looks to move in and stand in the pocket.

>Shimizu and Page get closer, both looking eager to engage at close range.

>Page comes in, looking for a quick double leg takedown from close range.

>Shimizu strikes first and manages to rock Page with a solid left hand!

>They exchange strikes, but neither fighter inflicts any real damage.

>Stepping back, Shimizu creates a bit of distance.

>Page avoids a jab.

>We go past the halfway point of this round.

>Moving in closer, Shimizu looks like she wants to strike from the pocket.

>Page seems happy to engage with Shimizu in the pocket.

>Shimizu looks like she might be trying to get in close to clinch with Page.

>Page tries to counter with a takedown, but Shimizu defended it well.

>Page glances a strike off the side of the shoulder.

>Shimizu steps in closer to force the issue.

>There's under a minute left in this round.

>Shimizu looks like she might be trying to get in close to clinch with Page.

>Seeing an opportunity, Page avoids the clinch and goes straight for a takedown, but Shimizu is equal to it.

>A couple of wild haymakers are used to set up a takedown attempt from Page.

>Page is stopped by a good sprawl, and is pulled down to the ground in a loose front facelock until she is on her knees.

>That round goes to Shimizu, 10-9 on my card.

>There's the bell and round number two begins!

>Shimizu avoids a quick jab and hits a crisp right hand punch.

>Shimizu drops her shoulder and feints to step in, but Page isn't buying it.

>Shimizu feints going high, but Page doesn't buy it.

>Shimizu darts in, feints a jab, darts back out.

>Shimizu looks like she wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Page.

>Standing her ground, Page looks happy to engage Shimizu in the pocket.

>Page shoots in, looking for a close range double leg.

>Shimizu counters with a left hand that catches Page flush...and she goes down!

>Without hesitation, Shimizu goes to finish Page off with stomps and kicks!

>Somehow Page hangs on, surviving a flurry of bone-crunching stomps and kicks!

>Shimizu tries to secure a ground position.

>Page moves quickly, scrambling for position before Shimizu can get a hold.

>The scramble results in Shimizu having to turtle, with Page holding her down while facing her.

>We pass the halfway mark of this round.

>Shimizu cannot stop herself being rolled and secured in side control.

>Page pounds away from side control, but is unable to land many clean shots on Shimizu.

>Page throws a few right hands to the body.

>Shimizu uses an underhook to work some separation, then quickly scrambles.

>Shimizu manages to come out on top, holding Page down from behind with a waist-lock.

>Shimizu pounds away, the turtled up Page is in serious trouble!

>We have one minute of the round remaining.

>Shimizu fires away with left hands, and Page is stung by several big shots to the side of the head.

>Shimizu rolls the turtled Page over and secures side control.

>Shimizu fires away with big elbows, but Page covers up and doesn't take any undue damage.

>Page tries a sweep from the bottom of side control, but doesn't budge Shimizu.

>The crowd is buzzing after a very exciting round.

>I think Shimizu took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

>There's the bell for the start of the round!

>Both fighters come toe-to-toe and strike, but none of the strikes result in significant damage being done.

>In close proximity from the strikes they threw, they fall into a messy clinch.

>Page uses underhooks to gain solid control, and is looking for a takedown.

>Shimizu cannot stop being lifted up and blasted with a Greco-Roman slam, she can only pull guard!

>Page attempts to pass guard and gain a better position.

>Page struggles but cannot find a way past and remains stuck in guard.

>Page feels Shimizu prepare to scramble for position and makes sure it doesn't happen.

>Hanako Shimizu doesn't look like she has much left in the tank.

>Page tries to pound on Shimizu, but all the blows are comfortably dealt with.

>Breathing very hard, Erica Page is looking ragged.

>Using her leg strength to push Page back a bit, Shimizu looks to scramble for position.

>Page seizes the opportunity, Shimizu was too slow and gets caught in side control.

>Page tries to get into the mount position.

>Shimizu keeps Page at side control, not letting the mount happen.

>Page blocks Shimizu as she tries to get enough separation to scramble up.

>Page attempts the mount.

>Page struggles but cannot mount Shimizu.

>Shimizu tries to break free and scramble for position, but Page keeps her trapped.

>Page begins trying to get herself into a mount.

>She finds herself unable to get the mount on this attempt.

>Erica Page looks like she doesn't have a lot left to give.

>Page blocks an attempted sweep.

>Hanako Shimizu looks very, very tired.

>In side control, Page begins working to get a mount.

>Shimizu doesn't allow Page to get the mount.

>Time runs out and that's the end of the fight.

>I have to give that round to Page, but only a 10-9.

>Here come the official scores.

>All three judges have given 29-28.

>The winner, by unanimous decision, is Hanako Shimizu!

>Official Result: Hanako 'The Storm Bringer' Shimizu defeats 'Canadian Storm' Erica Page (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.

This one started out pretty slow but picked up steam the later it went on. Erica Page is tough as nails. I thought she was done in the second when Shimizu was landing stomps. Page came out in the 3rd and put it all on the line, knowing she had to get a finish in the 3rd. Only getting a decent rating was surprising to me. Shimizu at 8-0 is one of the top females in the world and another win will likely get her a title shot regardless of name value.

Rhonda Britton 4-1 vs. Taniko Uchiyama 4-0

>Next up is a match in which Rhonda Britton fights Taniko Uchiyama in the GAMMA Women's division.

>Round one begins!

>Britton feints an attack, keeping Uchiyama on her toes.

>Uchiyama moves out of range of a flurry of punches.

>Uchiyama steps back to avoid a right jab.

>Uchiyama throws a couple of jabs, then chooses to shoot in on Britton.

>Britton tries to step away from the takedown.

>Uchiyama doesn't get the takedown, Britton avoided it.

>Britton moves in quickly after a wayward punch and hits a series of quick rights.

>Uchiyama misses with an attempted right hook to the body.

>Britton steps in closer to force the issue.

>Britton throws a right jab but Uchiyama avoids it.

>Uchiyama shoots in, looking for a takedown.

>Britton tries to avoid the takedown.

>Uchiyama doesn't get the takedown, Britton avoided it.

>A jab misses and Britton counters with a flurry of quick punches to sting Uchiyama.

>Britton counters a left jab by using a quick series of punches.

>Britton feints an attack, keeping Uchiyama on her toes.

>A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing Britton to fire back with a flurry of jabs and straight punches.

>Round one ends as time expires.

>That was a yawner of a round, and I think both fighters are now a bit frustrated.

>I have to give that round to Britton, but only a 10-9.

>And here we go, round two!

>It sounded like her corner told Uchiyama to attempt to get Britton to the floor in this round.

>A left hand misses, allowing Britton to counter with a clean right.

>A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning.

>A couple of quick punches are used to set up a takedown attempt from Uchiyama.

>Britton tries to avoid Uchiyama.

>Britton avoids the takedown attempt.

>Britton misses with an attempted left hook to the body.

>Uchiyama presses in closer to attack.

>A left jab misses and Britton strikes back with a barrage of huge lefts, knocking Uchiyama down!

>Britton doesn't have time to capitalise though, as Uchiyama recovers her wits quickly.

>Britton motions for Uchiyama to stand up, which she does.

>We are now at the halfway point of the round.

>Britton steps in and unloads with a series of rights.

>Uchiyama avoids a jab.

>Britton counters an errant left jab with a series of quick punches.

>Britton throws out a quick right jab.

>Uchiyama doesn't let Britton settle, stepping in closer to impose herself.

>Uchiyama throws out a couple of jabs as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.

>A counter left cross is too slow to catch Uchiyama.

>The takedown is completed, it was a single leg and Britton is left on her back pulling guard.

>Uchiyama tries to pound on Britton, but all the blows are comfortably dealt with.

>Time expires and we come to the end of round two.

>That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Britton.

>There's the bell and round number three begins!

>Uchiyama slips past a right jab and fires back with a nice jab.

>A left jab misses and Britton counters with a solid right.

>Uchiyama uses a flurry of lefts and rights to get Britton to cover up, then shoots in looking for a takedown.

>Britton sprawls to stop the takedown, then pulls Uchiyama up close into a clinch.

>The grapple breaks up after a short struggle, and the two fighters step apart.

>Uchiyama misses with an attempted right hook to the body.

>The fight slows as Britton sits back and allows Uchiyama to circle.

>Backing out of range, Uchiyama circles tentatively.

>Britton seems to be waiting for Uchiyama to make a move.

>Uchiyama avoids a flurry of rights and lefts.

>Rhonda Britton doesn't look like she has much left in the tank.

>A flicked jab from Uchiyama only finds gloves.

>Britton doesn't press the issue, allowing Uchiyama to circle.

>We're into the final minute of the round.

>Uchiyama looks like she might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Britton.

>Uchiyama grabs Britton and pulls her into a grapple.

>Uchiyama hits Britton with some short strikes to the side of the head while grappling.

>The fight comes to an end as the time limit expires.

>There was very little to separate them in that round, but I'll give that one 10-9 to Britton.

>The official scores are being reported now.

>The judges give 29-28, 30-27 and 30-27.

>The winner, by unanimous decision, is Rhonda Britton!

>Official Result: Rhonda Britton defeats Taniko Uchiyama (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Average.

Britton shows decent sprawl which she will need in the grappling heavy top half the division. Taniko Uchiyama will likely need a win next time out to stay in GAMMA with a plethora of young women raising up the ranks.

'The Bulldog' Harry Milne 41-7 vs. Roberto 'The Sniper' Aldez 42-11

>In the last of the preliminary matches, 'The Bulldog' Harry Milne goes head to head with Roberto 'The Sniper' Aldez in the GAMMA Heavyweight division.

>Round one begins!

>Aldez avoids a jab and scores with a kick to the outside of the left knee.

>A jab misses, allowing Milne to counter-strike with a left.

>Milne avoids a low kick.

>A jab misses, allowing Aldez to counter-strike with a vicious leg kick.

>There's only so many of those strikes to the legs that can be taken before they become an issue.

>Aldez throws a left jab but Milne avoids it.

>Milne keeps his cool as Aldez throws a feint to the left.

>Aldez slips past a left jab and fires back with a scorchingly fast combination.

>A straight left fails to land and Aldez is able to fire back with a kick to the body.

>Milne uses a flurry of lefts and rights to get Aldez to cover up, then shoots in looking for a takedown.

>Milne is stopped by a good sprawl, and is pulled down to the ground in a loose front facelock until he is on his knees.

>Aldez hits a devastating soccer kick to the side of the head of the turtled Milne!

>Milne slumps forward, he is out cold!

>By Knock Out, the winner is Roberto Aldez!

>Official Result: Roberto 'The Sniper' Aldez defeats 'The Bulldog' Harry Milne (Knock Out (Kick) in 3:45 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.

Holy ****! For a fight I just threw together as the final prelim for this show we get some violence. Early KO of the year candidate here folks. Aldez shows his feet have the power to change fights at Heavyweight. Grapplers are going to have to be careful trying to take Aldez down with half assed takedowns as they may find their head punted into the 5th row. this violent finish puts Aldez in line for a main card tilt next time out I don't care what his name value is. Milne at 35 is going to need some serious time off after that ko. tough to ever seeing him getting to the top of the division after that.

main card

Affonso 'The Cyborg' Villar 22-2 vs. Ari 'The Finnisher' Peltonen 23-8

>Another match is about to begin; Affonso 'The Cyborg' Villar will battle Ari 'The Finnisher' Peltonen in the GAMMA Heavyweight division.

>The fight begins!

>A straight left fails to land and Villar is able to fire back with a nice jab.

>Villar uses a feint to get Peltonen off balance, but the nice sequence of punches that follow don't find their mark.

>An errant jab sets Villar up to counter-strike with a couple of jabs and a beautiful right hook to the body.

>Peltonen moves out of range of a tidy combination of punches.

>Peltonen throws a combination of rights and lefts, using them as cover so that he can shoot in.

>Villar sprawls well, and Peltonen is forced down to his knees, almost turtled up.

>Villar pounds away on Peltonen, landing several good shots to the side of the head in the process.

>Peltonen takes a few punches on the way, but manages to get back to standing.

>A left jab misses and Villar counters with a couple of shots to the body and a nice right uppercut.

>Peltonen throws a combination of rights and lefts, using them as cover so that he can shoot in.

>Villar tries to step away from the takedown.

>Peltonen doesn't get the takedown, Villar avoided it.

>Peltonen gets suckered in by a feint, and is fortunate to avoid the barrage of big right hands that follow it.

>Peltonen uses a smart combination to get Villar to cover up, then shoots in looking for a takedown.

>Villar attempts to avoid Peltonen as he shoots in.

>Peltonen doesn't get the takedown, Villar avoided it.

>That was a quality round and the fans are really getting into this.

>That round goes to Villar, 10-9 on my card.

>Both fighters throw strikes at the same time, both miss.

>Peltonen checks a leg kick.

>Standing in the pocket, Peltonen chooses to shoot in for a double leg on Villar.

>A counter right hook catches Peltonen hard, almost putting him down!

>Peltonen slips out of the way of a jab.

>A straight left by Peltonen keeps Villar from advancing.

>Not letting up, Villar steps in closer to pressure Peltonen into action.

>An errant jab sets Villar up to counter-strike with a body kick.

>Peltonen throws three punches in quick succession, but Villar was out of range.

>Not letting Peltonen settle, Villar moves in closer.

>Villar tries for a right body kick but Peltonen moves out of range.

>Peltonen feints to the right, trying to draw Villar into throwing a strike.

>Peltonen uses a smart combination to get Villar to cover up, then shoots in looking for a takedown.

>Villar sprawls well, and Peltonen is forced down to his knees, almost turtled up.

>Villar pounds away with right hands, but Peltonen absorbs them and manages to stand back up.

>A left hand misses, allowing Villar to counter with a solid left.

>Peltonen comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Villar.

>A counter right hook catches Peltonen hard, almost putting him down!

>I think Villar took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

>Round three begins!

>There's a short stalemate as both fighters advance and throw strikes, but neither hits.

>Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up grappling.

>From the grapple, Peltonen tries to pick Villar up on his shoulder for a slam.

>He can't get it though, Villar defends it and pulls away from the grapple entirely.

>A feint sets up a right head kick attempt from Villar, but Peltonen moves out of range at the last moment.

>Villar counters with a left jab that catches Peltonen hard.

>Peltonen steps back to avoid a leg kick.

>A straight left from Peltonen fails to land.

>Villar seems to be waiting for Peltonen to make a move.

>Villar keeps his cool as Peltonen throws a feint to the left.

>Peltonen shoots in, looking for a takedown.

>Villar strikes first and manages to rock Peltonen with a solid right hand!

>Affonso Villar doesn't look like he has much left in the tank.

>Slowed down by physical tiredness, Villar still looks to get in close and strike from the pocket.

>Standing his ground, Peltonen looks happy to engage Villar in the pocket.

>Peltonen looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Villar.

>Villar tries to counter Peltonen with a big right hook, but it doesn't hit the target.

>Peltonen chooses to shoot in on Villar.

>A counter left hand catches Peltonen above the eye.

>Looking tired, Villar comes in closer, attempting to clinch with Peltonen.

>Villar gets caught out and eats a stiff left jab.

>Peltonen looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Villar.

>He gets into range.

>Time runs out and that's the end of the fight.

>I have to give that round to Villar, but only a 10-9.

>Here come the official scores.

>All three judges give 30-27.

>Affonso Villar wins by unanimous decision!

>Official Result: Affonso 'The Cyborg' Villar defeats Ari 'The Finnisher' Peltonen (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.

Villar gets on the mic and says he'd like to fight Aleksei Chekhov.

Peltonen showed off his chin in this fight. Villar just outclassed Peltonen on his feet. With a deep heavyweight division filled with several guys with name value and on winning streaks Villar will get a slow build, at 22 he's got some time before he hits his prime.

Haley Croft 5-0 vs. Vicki 'The Heart Breaker' Summers 5-0

>Moving on to the next match, in which Haley Croft goes up against Vicki 'The Heart Breaker' Summers in the GAMMA Women's division.

>Round one begins!

>Both fighters go to exchange blows, but neither hits a telling strike.

>Summers tries for a left jab but Croft moves out of range.

>Summers is knocked off her feet by a barrage of big rights!

>Croft doesn't have time to capitalise though, as Summers recovers her wits quickly.

>Croft blasts Summers with a stomp!

>In comes Croft looking to get some form of ground control.

>Croft dives in, but Summers pushes her away and starts to scramble.

>Croft is left turtled up with Summers behind her.

>Summers pounds away on Croft, landing several good shots to the side of the head in the process.

>Summers pounds away with right hands, hitting several big shots to the body and side of the head.

>Summers pounds away on the body and side of the head, Croft struggles to deal with them.

>Croft cannot stop herself being rolled and secured in side control.

>Croft takes a knee strike to the ribs from under side control.

>Summers throws a few right hands to the body.

>Summers throws some small strikes, but is clearly just taking a moment to try and catch her breath.

>Croft tries to move to guard, but Summers doesn't allow it.

>Summers holds Croft in position with side control and hits a knee into the ribs.

>Summers tries to get into the mount position.

>Summers shows her ground skills and slips to mount.

>Summers unloads with some big punches, but Croft deals with them comfortably.

>The time is up, and that's the end of round one.

>Fantastic round, the fans have been out of their seats the entire time.

>I think Summers took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

>We are back underway!

>A left hand misses, allowing Croft to counter with a hard kick across the side.

>Both fighters advance and strike, but neither hits anything.

>They wind up in a tight clinch.

>From the grapple, Summers tries to pick Croft up on her shoulder for a slam.

>Croft doesn't allow herself to be lifted, and she gets away from Summers.

>Summers steps back to avoid a flurry of punches.

>Croft tries for a left jab but Summers moves out of range.

>Summers swings with a couple of wild punches, then chooses to shoot in on Croft.

>Croft is too quick, and manages to hit Summers with a good clean left jab.

>Croft looks to move in and stand in the pocket.

>Summers tries to catch her by surprise with a takedown attempt, but it is blocked.

>Summers shoots in, looking for a takedown.

>Croft tries to avoid the takedown.

>Summers doesn't get the takedown, Croft avoided it.

>Croft looks like she wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Summers.

>Strikes from Summers keep Croft from stepping in too close.

>Croft feints an attack, keeping Summers on her toes.

>Summers avoids a flurry of rights and lefts.

>Summers shoots in, looking for a takedown.

>Croft tries to step away from the takedown.

>Summers can't get the takedown, Croft was too quick to back away.

>Haley Croft looks very tired out there.

>That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Croft.

>Between rounds, her corner told Croft to try and use counter striking in this round.

>A flurry of punches fail to land, giving Summers the opportunity to counter with a solid left.

>Both fighters come in and exchange strikes, but neither does any damage.

>Summers shoots in for a takedown.

>Croft tries to avoid the takedown.

>The takedown is unsuccessful, Croft avoided Summers.

>Summers counters a wayward low right kick with a left jab to the cheek.

>Summers comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Croft.

>Croft fires off a strike first, but the impact is taken by the gloves of Summers.

>From the looks of things, I don't think Haley Croft has much energy left.

>Croft moves in quickly after a wayward punch and hits a clean jab.

>Summers looks like she might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Croft.

>Croft ends up grappling for supremacy with Summers.

>Summers has worked in the underhooks and looks to take Croft down.

>A sweep of the legs is successful, Croft has to pull half guard.

>Summers attempts to pass half guard.

>She can't find a way past half guard.

>Vicki Summers is breathing very hard.

>Summers blocks Croft as she tries a transition to full guard.

>Summers tries to ensnare Croft in a kimura.

>Croft defends herself well and is in no danger.

>Croft tries to transition to full guard, but can't manage it.

>Summers begins trying to get her leg free of the half guard.

>Croft keeps her half guard secure.

>The fight comes to an end as the time limit expires.

>I have to give that round to Summers, but only a 10-9.

>The judges have given their scores, which are about to be announced.

>Judge #1: 29-28 Summers.

>Judge #2 has given 29-28 to Croft.

>Judge #3 gives a score of 29-28 in favour of Summers.

>The winner, by split decision, is Vicki Summers!

>Official Result: Vicki 'The Heart Breaker' Summers defeats Haley Croft (Split Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Good.

I'll have to watch this one again but it was a very close fight. Summers gets the win and will be in line for a big time WBW fight because her name value makes her a top contender. Croft is in her prime and has pretty high name value herself so im going to try to match her up well to get her back on winning streak.

Alan 'Flash' Kendall 12-3 vs. 'El Diablo' Luis Basora 19-3

>The co-main event is up next. Alan 'Flash' Kendall will take on 'El Diablo' Luis Basora in the GAMMA Lightweight division.

>And here we go!

>Basora throws a left jab but Kendall avoids it.

>Moving forward, Kendall counters a left jab with a sharp kick just above the hip.

>An errant jab sets Basora up to counter-strike with a jab.

>Kendall counters a wayward left jab with a kick to the side of the ribs.

>Basora moves out of range of a flurry of punches.

>Kendall throws three punches in quick succession, but Basora was out of range.

>Not letting Kendall settle, Basora moves in closer.

>Basora throws a couple of jabs, then chooses to shoot in on Kendall.

>Basora gets the takedown! Kendall pulls guard.

>In guard, Basora catches his breath, content just to throw a couple of punches to the body.

>Kendall throws out some punches, but Basora leans back to avoid them.

>Basora fires off a handful of punches, each easily being blocked with gloves.

>The clock runs down as Kendall is being smothered against the ground by Basora.

>The time runs out on round one.

>There was very little to separate them in that round, but I'll give that one 10-9 to Basora.

>From what we could hear of his corner, it sounds like Basora has been instructed to try and get Kendall to the floor in this round.

>A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing Kendall to fire back with a crisp left hand punch.

>Basora counters a wayward low kick by catching it and going for a judo-style trip, and gets it, into half guard.

>Basora attempts to pass half guard and gain a better position.

>Kendall doesn't let Basora get his leg free, and so half guard remains in place.

>Basora blocks Kendall as he tries a sweep from half guard.

>Basora tries to pass the half guard.

>He finds himself unable to get past the half guard on this attempt.

>Kendall works some separation, then tries to quickly scramble his way into a better position.

>Basora is too quick though, and grabs side control before Kendall can get up.

>Basora tries to put Kendall into an americana.

>Kendall blocks it.

>Kendall attempts to get some separation in order to try to stand, but can't.

>Basora throws a few strikes, but is clearly slowing things down so that he can catch his breath.

>Kendall tries to sweep Basora but can't.

>Basora looks to get a mount.

>Basora isn't able to mount Kendall this time around.

>Kendall tries a sweep from the bottom of side control, but doesn't budge Basora.

>Basora starts trying to work to use side control as a way to get behind Kendall.

>He rolls Kendall over a little...and slips behind to take the back!

>Basora tries to flatten Kendall out for a rear naked choke.

>Kendall stops Basora from flattening him out.

>Some fans are booing after a round that didn't feature much action.

>That round goes to Basora, 10-9 on my card.

>We are back underway!

>Basora steps back to avoid a flurry of punches.

>Basora slips out of the way of a body kick.

>Basora steps back to avoid a leg kick, having been suckered in with a feinted high kick.

>Basora slips out of the way of a leg kick.

>Kendall tries for a left jab but Basora moves out of range.

>There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes, but neither scores.

>Kendall tries for a left jab but Basora moves out of range.

>There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes, but neither scores.

>Basora looks to take Kendall down by setting up a judo throw.

>Basora uses a nice inside leg trip and Kendall is forced to pull guard!

>Basora begins trying to pass guard and get a better position.

>Basora is too much for Kendall, passing guard and gaining side control.

>In side control, Basora begins working to get a mount.

>Basora isn't able to mount Kendall this time around.

>Basora blocks Kendall as he tries a sweep from side control.

>The time expires on round three, and that is the end of the fight.

>I have to give that round to Basora, but only a 10-9.

>The judges' scores are now being announced.

>All three judges have given 29-28.

>The winner, by unanimous decision, is Luis Basora!

>Official Result: 'El Diablo' Luis Basora defeats Alan 'Flash' Kendall (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Average.

Basora is going to cause trouble for anyone without elite grappling. those trips he used on Kendall were impressive. I would have liked to see him do more damage while on the floor but Kendall looks tough. Basora puts himself in that tier just below the top 3 of Morrison, Reguerio and Sukarno.

Alan Kendall mentions in the back to the interviewer he would like to fight Motoki Hojo next. You don't get to pick fights after you lose, Mr Kendall. Could happen if Hojo loses his fight though.

'Pain Express' Go Yamamoto 26-9 vs. Philip 'Kid' Ziskie 17-1-1

>It's time for the main event of the evening! 'Pain Express' Go Yamamoto fights Philip 'Kid' Ziskie in the GAMMA Bantamweight division.

>This contest is for the GAMMA Bantamweight title.

>If this match lives up to the pre-fight expectations then we're about to see some fireworks.

>We are underway!

>Ziskie counters a left jab with a nice three-punch combination.

>Yamamoto slips out of the way of a jab.

>Yamamoto has to cover up to absorb a nice one-two combination, having been off balance after falling for a feint.

>Yamamoto steps back to avoid a one-two combination.

>Ziskie counters a weak right kick with a barrage of big left hands, knocking Yamamoto down!

>Yamamoto recovers his wits quickly, and waits for Ziskie to make a move.

>Yamamoto takes a kick to the legs.

>Ziskie tries to come in and secure a ground position.

>Ziskie is quick, Yamamoto can't stop him getting side control.

>Ziskie throws a few strikes, but is clearly slowing things down so that he can catch his breath.

>Ziskie hits a knee strike to the ribs.

>Ziskie starts trying to work to go from side control to mount.

>Ziskie mounts Yamamoto.

>Ziskie pounds away with elbows, but doesn't do much damage, if any, Yamamoto covers up well.

>Yamamoto tries to roll Ziskie, but only succeeds in giving up his back!

>Ziskie tries to hook Yamamoto in a rear naked choke.

>Yamamoto fights off the rear naked choke attempt by rolling and then sharply turning over, brilliantly ending up in guard.

>Yamamoto took advantage of slack groundwork there, Ziskie should have properly applied hooks first.

>Yamamoto throws a few right hands to the body.

>That was a quality round and the fans are really getting into this.

>I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Ziskie.

>Yamamoto tries to wriggle free, but Ziskie controls him well and gets in a few close-range punches too.

>Ziskie uses some dirty boxing as he grapples with Yamamoto.

>Ziskie uses some dirty boxing as he grapples with Yamamoto.

>Ziskie and Yamamoto break the grapple and are apart again, circling.

>Ziskie is looking to get in close and strike from the pocket.

>Yamamoto keeps himself moving out of range.

>Yamamoto gets suckered in by a feint, and is fortunate to avoid the barrage of big left hands that follow it.

>Backing out of range, Yamamoto circles tentatively.

>Ziskie steps in to put some pressure on.

>Yamamoto covers up to absorb a tidy combination of punches and then hits a crisp left hand punch.

>Ziskie is looking to get in close and strike from the pocket.

>Ziskie moves into the pocket.

>Ziskie checks a low kick and quickly hits a crisp right jab.

>A left jab misses, Ziskie counters with a flurry of small strikes.

>Ziskie lets a jab sail wide and counter-strikes with a nice right.

>Slipping past a right jab, Yamamoto hits a clean punch.

>Both throw strikes at each other, both easily defend the other's attempt.

>Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up clinched.

>Yamamoto gets caught with a couple of nice short punches as Ziskie uses his dirty boxing to inflict some punishment.

>Ziskie and Yamamoto break the grapple and are apart again, circling.

>Round two ends as time expires.

>I have to give that round to Ziskie, but only a 10-9.

>We are back underway!

>A wayward low right kick allows Ziskie to hit several big left hands, putting Yamamoto down, dazed!

>Yamamoto shakes off the cobwebs quickly though, and is alert.

>Ziskie avoids an up-kick and is able to dive in and smash Yamamoto with a devastating left hand!

>Yamamoto has gone limp, the referee has to stop the match due to a KO!

>The winner, by Knock Out, is Philip 'Kid' Ziskie!

>Official Result: Philip 'Kid' Ziskie defeats 'Pain Express' Go Yamamoto (Knock Out (Punch) in 0:39 of round 3). The match was rated as being Good.

Well Ziskie did what I wanted him to do and make himself a bigger name off of Yamamoto. Ziskie just looked like the fresher fighter, who is on his way to becoming a star. The camera's didn't pick up that Li-Kong Ho was in the crowd and seemed unimpressed by Ziskie victory. Yamamoto maybe showing signs that his time as a top flight mma fighter are gone. The division lacks star power so I would really like to squeeze a couple more big time fights out of him, careful match making will be needed.

Show Summary

Critical Success Good

Commercial Success Great

Fight of the night Roberto Aldez vs Harry Milne

KO of the night Philip Ziskie

Sub of the night NA

Decision heavy card but these are the best fighters in the world so I expect to see some cards with a lot of decisions.

Ziskie looks like he's on the path to becoming a superstar in GAMMA but Li-Kong Ho awaits if he can get a win in his next fight, should have news on that shortly as well.

Monday

drug test came back from the KDM event and Dwayne Alleyne who was the biggest winner of the event taking home two bonuses test positive for HGH. He's been handed a 1 year ban and his bonuses have been taken. The fight was ruled a no contest.

WVTC 1: Boutzikos vs Sorkin

Toby Sorkin scored a UD to move to 4-0. Took home the WVTC MW title. Sorkin is thought to be one of the best prospects at MW, at least my scouting staff seem to think.

Wednesday

FLB 7 Blackout:

Jamie Hewitt moved to 9-2 with a UD against Jackson Gray winning the FLB BW title. Hewitt has the name value already to move to GAMMA but he needs a win or two in SIGMA before getting the call up.

Thursday

XCC: Maier vs Cole

Alex Cole 8-0 beat Uwe Maier by UD.

EMERALD 1: Goto vs Catt

Terry Catt 5-0 took out Goto in the 5th via ko to win EMERALD's heavyweight title.

MMC 1:

Jericho Stewart 2-0 won the MMC heavyweight title was a impressive TKO over Brayden Behrami in the first round.

WEFF 4

feeder women's organization to BCF, saw Anna Thompson beat Rachael McGuiness for the WEFF title in the 4th round. Thompson sent McGuiness flying with a right straight down the pipe in Fantastic fight. Early fight of the year candidate. Thompson is getting the call up to BCF very soon.

Friday

CCC 1: Pascal vs Vinkus

The former football player Vinkus (3-0) stops Pascal late in the first round to take home CCC's heavyweight strap. At 34 years of age I am going to move him up the ranks quickly. he may jump a level.

LOMMA: Konno vs Whitehouse

Sinho Konno 2-0 beat Whitehouse by UD to win the LOMMA title.

Saturday

BCF Lehane vs Williams

BCF took full advantage of a GAMMA free Saturday night. Co-main had Junko Yamada move to 4-0 against Simone King. Many consider it the best fight they've scene this year. Katherine Williams beat Hope Lehane by UD. Williams move to 4-0 and will be on a shortlist for first female called up to GAMMA.

WARRIORS 1:

Brett Krakowski moved to 2-0 winning the WARRIORS MW title with a rear naked choke over Zeke Elliot in the 2nd round.

February Week 3:

Thursday

News of Katherine Williams failing a recreational post fight drug test. Fight was changed to a no contest. That's a good way to throw away the best win of your career. 1 year suspension was giving to her as well.

Friday

Top: Catcher vs Watson

Mike Watson moved to 10-0 with a KO win over Catcher in the 2nd round. He grabs the TOP heavyweight title, however I doubt he'll defend it.

Press Release

GAMMA is pleased to announce the finalized card for GAMMA 23 Dean vs Darling. The card can be seen live from San Jose. California on PPV next Saturday, Feb 28th. The card is headlined by GAMMA Middleweight champion Matthew Dean (31-5) looking to make his 3rd title defense against Dexter Darling (17-2-1). Both fighters are scene as top 20 P4P fighters. Darling takes on Dean in Dean's backyard of San Jose.

The Co-Main is yet another title fight. Michelle Addams (7-0) vs Sara Vaughan (8-0) in a fight to crown GAMMA's first Women's Champion. Number 1 Lightheavyweight in the world, Tadamasa Yamada (21-1) vs Spencer Rubenstein 13-4. Beau Gorshin vs David Allen at Lightweight and Brazilian superstar Braulio Moura vs former GAMMA MW champ Maarten De Vries to open the main card. 3 prelims will take place prior to the PPV starting.

GAMMA Fight Night 1 Morrison vs Regueiro

Saturday 21st of February 1998

attendance 2511 for a gate of $200,880

Charles 'Rogue' Stiles (14-2) vs. Syed Tan (13-2-1)

>Next up is a match in which Charles 'Rogue' Stiles goes up against Syed Tan in the GAMMA Lightweight division.

>The fight begins!

>Stiles feints an attack, keeping Tan on his toes.

>Stiles avoids a nice combination.

>Stiles suddenly dives at the feet of Tan, trying to grab a leg!

>Stiles gets hold of a leg and tries to apply a kneebar...but Tan defends against it well.

>Unable to stop falling backward as a result of the submission attempt, Tan has to pull guard.

>Stiles smothers Tan with his body by pushing forward and down.

>Stiles attempts to pass guard and gain a better position.

>He passes to side control.

>Stiles holds Tan in position with side control and hits a knee into the ribs.

>In side control, Stiles catches his breath, content just to throw a couple of punches to the body.

>Stiles attempts to roll Tan slightly and take his back.

>He does it, getting behind Tan.

>Tan is in huge trouble now, as Stiles successfully gets both hooks in.

>Stiles has solid control over Tan, and starts pounding away with right hands.

>Unless he finds a way out of this position soon, Tan is going to lose this fight!

>The referee gives Tan time to do something, but eventually has to come in and stop the fight!

>The winner, by TKO, is Charles 'Rogue' Stiles!

>Official Result: Charles 'Rogue' Stiles defeats Syed Tan (TKO (Strikes) in 3:48 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good.

Well that wasn't competitive at all. Tan is going to need to vastly improve that ground game if he wants to reach the top of this grappling happy LW division. Stiles, looked great and is in line for a main card fight next time out.

Haranobu Oshiro (15-5)vs. 'The Pain Train' Chew Chua (17-4)

>Next up, Haranobu Oshiro squares off with 'The Pain Train' Chew Chua in the GAMMA Middleweight division.

>Round one begins!

>Chua gets suckered in by a feint, and is fortunate to avoid the barrage of big right hands that follow it.

>Chua gets suckered in by a feint, and is lucky to avoid the combination that follows.

>Chua avoids a jab and scores with a couple of nice rights.

>Oshiro side-steps a barrage of big punches and hits a kick to the outside of the left knee.

>Oshiro counters a left jab with a hard leg kick.

>Those strikes to the legs are going to take their toll.

>A flicked jab from Oshiro only finds gloves.

>Not letting Oshiro settle, Chua moves in closer.

>Chua comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Oshiro.

>Oshiro is pulled into a grapple.

>Oshiro gets caught with a couple of nice short punches as Chua uses his dirty boxing to inflict some punishment.

>Chua is trying to force Oshiro into a Muay Thai clinch.

>He has it hooked, Oshiro needs to find a way out quickly.

>From the clinch, Chua drives a brutal elbow to the side of the head.

>Oshiro tries to use his grappling skills to break the Muay Thai clinch, but can't.

>From the Muay Thai clinch, Oshiro eats a big elbow.

>Chua tries a knee strike but doesn't connect, but Oshiro isn't able to get free of the clinch either.

>Using the clinch, Chua blasts Oshiro with a powerful knee to the cheek!

>Oshiro partially blocks a knee strike, enough to allow him to wrestle free of the clinch.

>That round goes to Chua, 10-9 on my card.

>A straight left fails to land and Chua is able to fire back with a clever combination that finishes with a nice right cross.

>A tight combination narrowly misses Oshiro and allow him to counter-strike with a crisp left hand punch.

>Advancing, Chua counters a left jab by using a high kick, sending Oshiro crashing down to the ground!

>Chua quickly pounces, looking to rain down punches on the stunned Oshiro!

>Chua unloads with big punches, Oshiro is struggling to cope!

>The referee pulls Chua away, stopping the match!

>A lot of the fans are booing, they think that was an early stoppage...and Oshiro certainly agrees, he is furious!

>The winner, by TKO; Chew Chua!

>Official Result: 'The Pain Train' Chew Chua defeats Haranobu Oshiro (TKO (Strikes) in 1:38 of round 2). The match was rated as being Decent.

I think Oshiro should be thankful the ref stopped the fight when he did. Chua hits hard. Chua is still a little light on name value but vicious strikers I happen to be a big fan of so he'll likely make it onto a main card next time out. Oshiro at 25 will have plenty of time to rebound and try and make a run at the title.

Chiyo 'The Scorpion' Yanagimoto (7-1)vs. Hester 'The Slayer' Maclean (6-0)

>Moving on to the next match, in which Chiyo 'The Scorpion' Yanagimoto competes against Hester 'The Slayer' Maclean in the GAMMA Women's division.

>The fight begins!

>An exchange of blows doesn't really produce any damage or a clear advantage.

>Maclean sees a body kick coming and hits a series of heavy punches, each one landing hard on Yanagimoto who is desperately trying to cover up!

>Yanagimoto collapses, hurt, and Maclean looks to finish by unleashing a barrage of strikes to her downed opponent!

>The referee jumps in and saves Yanagimoto from taking any more shots!

>Hester 'The Slayer' Maclean takes the win by TKO!

>Official Result: Hester 'The Slayer' Maclean defeats Chiyo 'The Scorpion' Yanagimoto (TKO (Strikes) in 0:40 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good.

Well that didn't last long. Quickest win in GAMMA history. Hester puts herself in the conversation for a title fight or at least a number 1 contender's fight with this quick victory. She'll also be available if one of the two women pull out of next shows title fight.

'Samurai Spirit' Tomohiro Takeuchi (16-2) vs Norberto (27-5)

>In the last of the preliminary matches, 'Samurai Spirit' Tomohiro Takeuchi battles Norberto in the GAMMA Bantamweight division.

>We are underway!

>A left jab misses and Norberto strikes back with a clean jab.

>Takeuchi looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Norberto.

>Norberto finds himself pulled into a grappling contest.

>Using his wrestling skills, Takeuchi is trying to push Norberto up against the cage.

>Takeuchi manages it, and controls Norberto up against the cage.

>Showing his ability to exert control, Takeuchi smothers Norberto up against the cage for a minute or more, wearing him down with occasional sharp punches to the ribs.

>Norberto gets caught with a knee to the inside of the thigh.

>Norberto gets caught with a knee to the inside of the thigh.

>Takeuchi smothers Norberto against the cage, then hits him with an elbow strike to the side of the head.

>It looks like Norberto has been cut above the eye by that strike.

>The clock is stopped as the referee wants to check the cut on Norberto.

>The doctor seems happy that the cut isn't going to be an issue.

>The fight will be restarted in the center!

>Takeuchi is looking to get in close and strike from the pocket.

>Seeing a takedown opportunity, Norberto goes for a single leg, but Takeuchi is equal to it.

>Norberto avoids a quick jab and hits a left jab to the cheek.

>Takeuchi comes in with a couple of jabs, using them as cover so that he can shoot in.

>Norberto first stuffs the takedown attempt, then manages to wrestle Takeuchi the the floor! Takeuchi has to pull guard.

>Norberto throws a few strikes, but is clearly slowing things down so that he can catch his breath.

>Norberto throws a few right hands as he takes a moment to plan ahead.

>I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Takeuchi.

>And here we go, round two!

>It sounded like his corner told Norberto to attempt to get Takeuchi to the floor in this round.

>Takeuchi comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Norberto.

>Norberto is pulled into a grapple.

>Takeuchi is trying to muscle Norberto up against the cage.

>Takeuchi does it, Norberto is stuck with his back to the cage.

>Norberto is controlled up against the cage and takes a hard foot stomp.

>Showing his ability to exert control, Takeuchi smothers Norberto up against the cage for over a minute.

>Takeuchi has gotten underhooks in and is looking to take Norberto to the ground.

>Norberto blocks the takedown attempt and turns Takeuchi around so that he has his back to the cage.

>With Takeuchi stuck against the cage, Norberto tries to complete a takedown.

>Takeuchi shows stubborn resistance and Norberto cannot complete the takedown.

>Norberto loses control of Takeuchi, who circles out and returns to the center.

>Takeuchi chooses to shoot in on Norberto.

>He gets a big takedown and he ends up in half guard.

>Takeuchi starts trying to work to get out of half guard and into a better position.

>Norberto keeps his half guard secure.

>Norberto tries to sweep Takeuchi but can't do it.

>In half guard, Takeuchi throws a couple of punches designed to keep Norberto guessing.

>Norberto tries to sweep Takeuchi but doesn't get anywhere.

>Takeuchi tries to lock Norberto into an arm triangle.

>Norberto defends himself well and is in no danger.

>I think Takeuchi took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

>And here we go, round three!

>Takeuchi slips past a left jab and counters with a solid left jab.

>Moving in closer, Takeuchi looks like he may want to wrestle Norberto.

>Norberto finds himself pulled into a grappling contest.

>Takeuchi uses dirty boxing and gets in a few crisp punches on Norberto as they grapple.

>Norberto gets caught with a couple of nice short punches as Takeuchi uses his dirty boxing to inflict some punishment.

>Using his wrestling skills, Takeuchi is trying to push Norberto up against the cage.

>Norberto ends up backed against the cage.

>Breathing very hard, Tomohiro Takeuchi is looking ragged.

>Showing good control, Takeuchi keeps Norberto stuck against the cage and hits him with short punches to the body for about thirty seconds.

>Norberto wrestles back against Takeuchi, turning him around so that he now has his back to the cage.

>With the cage trapping Takeuchi, Norberto looks to try and take him down.

>Takeuchi looks to grab a guillotine off the takedown.

>The takedown is successful, Takeuchi pulls guard.

>Norberto looks to pass guard and get side control.

>Takeuchi keeps his guard secure.

>Takeuchi pulls Norberto in close and hits a series of short, sharp punches to the side of the head.

>Norberto fires off a few punches, but they aren't thrown with any great force.

>Takeuchi brings his legs up and tries to lock Norberto in a triangle choke.

>Norberto blocks the attempt.

>Norberto is trying to pass guard.

>Norberto struggles but cannot find a way past and remains stuck in guard.

>Norberto is looking really tired.

>Norberto blocks Takeuchi as he tries a sweep from the guard.

>Tomohiro Takeuchi seems to be fighting against exhaustion.

>Norberto attempts to pass guard.

>Advancing his position, he passes to half guard.

>We reach the time limit and this fight is over.

>I think Takeuchi took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

>The judges have given their scores, which are about to be announced.

>All three judges score the contest as 30-27.

>'Samurai Spirit' Tomohiro Takeuchi wins by unanimous decision!

>Official Result: 'Samurai Spirit' Tomohiro Takeuchi defeats Norberto (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.

Takeuchi was just the better stronger fighter here. He's going to be a strong out for anyone in the division with his size and strength. Norberto at 33 might be past his prime. This bantamweight division looks like its going to be a young man's division.

Main Card

Easton 'Small' Frye (13-4) vs. 'The Slovenian Rocket' Milenko Rudonja (17-4)

>Next up, Easton 'Small' Frye will battle 'The Slovenian Rocket' Milenko Rudonja in the GAMMA Lightweight division.

>The GAMMA management clearly have plans for Frye, and will be looking for nothing less than a victory.

>And here we go!

>Frye counters a leg kick by grabbing it and attempting a takedown, down goes Rudonja! He pulls guard though.

>In guard, Frye begins working to pass to side control.

>Advancing his position fairly easily, he passes to side control.

>Frye hits a knee strike to the ribs.

>Frye attempts to move to mount.

>He mounts Rudonja.

>Frye pounds away on Rudonja with elbow strikes, landing several great shots that threaten to knock him out!

>The referee has no option but to leap in and stop the fight!

>The winner, by TKO, is Easton 'Small' Frye!

>Official Result: Easton 'Small' Frye defeats 'The Slovenian Rocket' Milenko Rudonja (TKO (Strikes) in 2:15 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.

Nice performance here from Frye. I spent some money and put in some effort into promoting him so im glad he came through with a great performance. He's a little small for the division but its a deep division so I can take my time with him and pick his match ups carefully.

'The Big Dog' Linfield Ballard (20-7) vs. 'The Merchant Of Menace' Mason Archer (15-3)

>Moving on to the next match, in which 'The Big Dog' Linfield Ballard goes head to head with 'The Merchant Of Menace' Mason Archer in the GAMMA Heavyweight division.

>There's the opening bell!

>Ballard doesn't get drawn in as Archer feints a kick.

>There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes but neither hits.

>Ballard counters a right jab by using a sharp body kick.

>Ballard looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Archer.

>Ballard is now standing in the pocket.

>Ballard slips past a tidy combination and hits a solid punch.

>Using head movement, Ballard slips past a right jab and counters with a kick to the side of the ribs.

>Good head movement allows Ballard to go under a vicious left hand and immediately counter with a right body kick.

>Ballard dodges a jab, and fires back with a crisp left.

>Archer uses head movement to cause a right jab to sail harmlessly by.

>Archer slips past a jab and scores with a nice jab.

>Using good head movement, Ballard slips past a tight combination and hits a huge right hand and Archer is knocked down!

>Ballard doesn't have time to capitalise though, as Archer recovers his wits quickly.

>Ballard leans over and throws a right hand that tags Archer, who is lying on his back.

>Ballard tries to come in and secure a ground position.

>Archer tries to get free, but Ballard is able to secure side control.

>Ballard throws a few weak-looking punches as he decides on his next move.

>Ballard throws a few strikes, but is clearly slowing things down so that he can catch his breath.

>Ballard throws a few weak-looking punches as he decides on his next move.

>Ballard takes that round easily by 10-8 on my score card.

>Ballard slips past a right jab and fires back with a kick to the ribs.

>A body kick misses, giving Archer an opening to score with several big left hands, putting Ballard down, dazed!

>Archer knows that this is a golden opportunity, and quickly pounces on Ballard, looking to finish him off by raining down punches!

>Archer pounds away on Ballard, landing several great shots that threaten to knock him out!

>The referee jumps in and saves Ballard from taking any more shots!

>Mason Archer takes the victory by way of TKO!

>Official Result: 'The Merchant Of Menace' Mason Archer defeats 'The Big Dog' Linfield Ballard (TKO (Strikes) in 1:09 of round 2). The match was rated as being Fantastic.

Wow what a comeback for Archer. He got rocked by ballard in the first. Ballard really slowed down in the 2nd, perhaps blew his wad trying to finish Archer in the 1st. This is a early fight of the year candidate and certainly GAMMA's best fight to date.

Heiji 'The Immortal' Endo (12-1) vs. Josh 'TNT' Aldarisio (15-1)

>The co-main event is up next. Heiji 'The Immortal' Endo goes head to head with Josh 'TNT' Aldarisio in the GAMMA Middleweight division.

>Round one begins!

>Both fighters fire off strikes, neither produces any significant damage.

>Aldarisio is looking to turn this into a wrestling match, and is getting in closer to Endo.

>Endo sees a chance for a takedown attempt, and Aldarisio, caught by surprise, has to pull guard.

>Endo attempts to pass guard and gain a better position.

>He does excellently, getting past the guard and into side control.

>Endo looks to roll Aldarisio slightly and slip behind.

>Endo takes the back, Aldarisio couldn't stop it.

>Endo successfully gets both hooks in, and seems primed to finish.

>Endo, with both hooks fully in, tries to get the rear naked choke applied.

>Aldarisio gets flattened out with the rear naked choke, he is in huge trouble but is refusing to tap out!

>He goes limp! The referee has no choice but to end the fight!

>Heiji 'The Immortal' Endo takes the win by technical submission!

>Official Result: Heiji 'The Immortal' Endo defeats Josh 'TNT' Aldarisio (Technical Submission in 2:39 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.

I really thought Aldarisio was going to be the superior wrestler after being an alternate on the Olympic team but he was completely caught off guard but Endo's takedown attempt. Endo's guard passing and back take was something though. He slapped that RNC on tight and it was so quick I don't think Aldarisio had enough time to tap. Lots of options going forward for Endo, who impressed me a lot tonight.

'The Man With No Nickname' Sean Morrison (27-3) vs. 'Spanish Silk' Julio Regueiro (20-0)

>It's time for the main event of the evening! 'The Man With No Nickname' Sean Morrison goes up against 'Spanish Silk' Julio Regueiro in the GAMMA Lightweight division.

>This match is for the GAMMA Lightweight title.

>The hype videos for this event have been saying that this match will be very exciting....let's see if they're right.

>Round one begins!

>Regueiro slips out of the way of a jab.

>Morrison is looking to turn this into a wrestling match, and is getting in closer to Regueiro.

>Morrison walks into a big jab, landing right on the cheek.

>Regueiro shoots in, looking for a takedown.

>Regueiro doesn't get the takedown, Morrison saw it coming and was equal to it.

>Morrison looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Regueiro.

>Regueiro uses his strikes to stop Morrison from getting close enough to grapple.

>A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning.

>Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up grappling.

>Morrison is trying to push Regueiro so that his back is up against the cage.

>Regueiro ends up backed against the cage.

>Regueiro is trapped up against the cage and takes repeated small punches to the body from that position. This goes on for roughly a minute.

>Showing his ability to control opponents, Morrison simply smothers Regueiro against the cage for about a minute.

>The referee decides that the grappling against the cage has been going on too long, and he brings them back to the center.

>Morrison is looking to turn this into a wrestling match, and is getting in closer to Regueiro.

>He pulls Regueiro into a grapple.

>Using his wrestling skills, Morrison is trying to push Regueiro up against the cage.

>Morrison manages it, and controls Regueiro up against the cage.

>That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Morrison.

>Advancing, Regueiro counters a right jab by using a straight left.

>Morrison comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Regueiro.

>A counter left catches Morrison above the eye.

>Regueiro throws a feint.

>Morrison looks to be trying to close the distance between them.

>Morrison grabs Regueiro and pulls him into a grapple.

>Morrison is trying to push Regueiro so that his back is up against the cage.

>Regueiro is pressed up against the cage and simply can't break the control that Morrison has over him. This goes on for about a minute.

>Morrison tries to keep him up against the cage with wrestling, but Regueiro struggles and doesn't let himself get controlled.

>Morrison tries to maintain control, but Regueiro wrestles his way out of trouble and turns it so that Morrison ends up backed against the cage.

>With Morrison stuck against the cage, Regueiro tries to complete a takedown.

>Morrison doesn't fight the takedown, he seems content to pull guard.

>Regueiro looks to get past the guard.

>Regueiro is too much for Morrison, passing guard and gaining side control.

>Regueiro tries to slip behind and take the back.

>He takes the back!

>Round two is brought to an end as time runs out.

>That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Regueiro.

>Round three begins!

>Moving forward, Regueiro counters a right jab with a straight left.

>Regueiro is too quick, and manages to hit Morrison with a good clean left jab.

>Regueiro chooses to shoot in on Morrison.

>A good sprawl stops the takedown, and Regueiro is brought down to the mat in a loose front facelock.

>Morrison rolls the turtled Regueiro over and secures side control.

>In side control, Morrison begins working to get a mount.

>Morrison isn't able to mount Regueiro this time around.

>Regueiro attempts to grab an arm of Morrison from the bottom of side control.

>Morrison fends off Regueiro, and doesn't give up an arm.

>Morrison gets up, releasing side control, and backs off, allowing Regueiro time to stand too.

>Morrison sneaks a glance at his corner.

>Regueiro steps in to put some pressure on.

>Morrison avoids a jab.

>Morrison looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Regueiro.

>Regueiro ends up grappling for supremacy with Morrison.

>Breathing very hard, Sean Morrison is looking ragged.

>Morrison is looking to muscle Regueiro back against the cage.

>He does so, and now has Regueiro pinned to the cage.

>Showing his ability to exert control, Morrison smothers Regueiro up against the cage for the remainder of the round, wearing him down with occasional sharp punches to the ribs.

>Round three is brought to an end as time runs out.

>I think Morrison took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

>Regueiro counters a wayward right jab with a crisp jab.

>Regueiro feints rushing in, but Morrison doesn't fall for it.

>A nicely executed one-two combination sets up a takedown attempt from Regueiro.

>The takedown is unsuccessful, Morrison blocked Regueiro.

>Julio Regueiro doesn't look like he has much left in the tank.

>Morrison avoids a body kick.

>Morrison, who is visibly tired, looks like he might want to get in close and wrestle with Regueiro.

>Regueiro is pulled into a grapple.

>Morrison is looking to muscle Regueiro back against the cage.

>From the looks of things, I don't think Sean Morrison has much energy left.

>Showing his ability to control opponents, Morrison smothers Regueiro against the cage while nailing him with short strikes to the body for about thirty seconds.

>Regueiro waits for Morrison to throw an elbow, then uses wrestling to turn him around so that Morrison now has his back to the cage.

>Regueiro attempts to wrestle Morrison to the ground.

>He gets a takedown, using the cage to his advantage.

>Regueiro ends up holding a seated Morrison around the waist, pressing him up against the cage.

>Julio Regueiro seems to be fighting against exhaustion.

>Regueiro attempts a guillotine.

>Regueiro gets the guillotine but despite his best efforts he cannot force the tap out!

>Regueiro must not have it totally sunk in.

>Regueiro eventually lets go, but may have gassed his arms by trying to squeeze out the submission.

>Regueiro lies on top of Morrison, basically smothering him.

>Morrison is controlled against the ground, unable to shift Regueiro off of him.

>Round four is brought to an end as time runs out.

>I have to give that round to Regueiro, but only a 10-9.

>Round five begins!

>An exchange of strikes doesn't lead to any real damage.

>An errant jab sets Regueiro up to counter-strike with a clean left.

>Regueiro counters a wayward right jab with a swift right kick to the leg.

>Morrison counters a right kick to the body by hitting a clean jab.

>Despite being tired, Regueiro looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Morrison.

>Morrison now has Regueiro standing in the pocket.

>A tired Regueiro shoots in, looking for a close range double leg.

>A good sprawl stops the takedown, and Regueiro is brought down to the mat in a loose front facelock.

>Julio Regueiro looks like he is almost out on his feet with exhaustion.

>Rolled over from turtle position Regueiro is left caught in side control.

>Morrison pounds away on Regueiro, landing several great shots that rock Regueiro!

>The referee pulls Morrison away, stopping the match!

>A lot of the fans are booing, they think that was an early stoppage...and Regueiro certainly agrees, he is furious!

>Sean Morrison takes the victory by way of TKO!

>Official Result: 'The Man With No Nickname' Sean Morrison defeats 'Spanish Silk' Julio Regueiro (TKO (Strikes) in 2:47 of round 5). The match was rated as being Good.

What a grueling fight. I had 2-2 going into the 5th with whoever took the 5th round was going to win. Crummy finish though, after these guys went to war for 5 rounds. Regueiro will get a high ranking opponent next time out after he recovers. Morrison gets on the mic and says he knows the legendary Sukarno is next in line for his title and he's going to take away his "0" too. He's already trying to sell his next fight not minutes after his war with Regueiro.

Show Summary

Critical Rating: Great

Commercial Success : Great

Fight of the Night: Archer vs Ballard

KO of the night : Sean Morrison

Sub of the night : Endo

Another very good show, this one was scene live on TV. Looks like all 4 of the main card winners put themselves in line for big time fights within their divisions.

Injury notes and other house keeping:

Haranobu Oshiro sustained a elbow injury that will keep him from training for 2 months.

Chiya Yanagimoto sustained a foot injury that will keep her out of action for two months.

Sean Morrison emailed me again, asking for Sukarno to be the next title challenger. He was in line for it anyway so this is a no brainer.

Syed Tan asked for Milenko Rudonja next. Which is something I will consider as both looked lost on the ground.

Archived