Isn't that entirely up to you? :) For now, WMMA doesn't really care where you hold the event. Well... it does take it into account, but it won't matter much as it will just be a couple less dollars you pile up. So don't worry too much about it.

There is however a difference in exposure between prelims and regular matches. Just look at the UFC cards and you'll find they are always comprised of 5 main cards fights. FN's are less stacked with good main events so will get a lower rating. Make those advertisement-based and the bigger cards PPV's.

Or was that not your question? I'm also confused. You book however you feel like it. If you want to play 'realistically', look at their cards and reproduce the quality.

To be fair those events do spawn a string of negative comments on the internet, calling them "crapshows" with UFC and "fail" being used in sentences together. It does somehow impact their rep and pop in a way. The way you'd see it you could basically spawn a score of crapshows without any penalty whatsoever. "Whoops, I fail to get a good show together. Let's just make it a crapshow and escape the negativity". Putting together consistent good shows when you're boosting forward is the only real challenge in the game. You'd remove this entirely? :p You can't keep growing forever. "Losing popularity" isn't all bad. At least you get some winning streaks going, build momentum for your fighters and get solid pop boosts. In the end you win.

Adam would have to figure out a way to prevent abuse. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with it. This week's FN had a decent main event and co-main. They wouldn't lose popularity from this, for instance, unlike some other FN's (you know the ones :p).

To be fair those events do spawn a string of negative comments on the internet, calling them "crapshows" with UFC and "fail" being used in sentences together. It does somehow impact their rep and pop in a way. The way you'd see it you could basically spawn a score of crapshows without any penalty whatsoever. "Whoops, I fail to get a good show together. Let's just make it a crapshow and escape the negativity". Putting together consistent good shows when you're boosting forward is the only real challenge in the game. You'd remove this entirely? :p You can't keep growing forever. "Losing popularity" isn't all bad. At least you get some winning streaks going, build momentum for your fighters and get solid pop boosts. In the end you win.

Adam would have to figure out a way to prevent abuse. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with it. This week's FN had a decent main event and co-main. They wouldn't lose popularity from this, for instance, unlike some other FN's (you know the ones :p).

Or it could use the system from WMMA3 where you still had to reach certain lesser levels of 'draw' for your smaller cards. Putting on cards with no drawing power whatsoever and getting away with it would be a terrible idea. That wasn't what I was getting at at all. By Minor shows I was referring to the Major/Medium/Minor TV show dynamic in WMMA3 not the TEW Minor show function where minor shows don't effect popularity whatsoever. I could have been clearer on that.

The way the system works now the UFC would be losing popularity on a regular basis as Hendricks/Thompson, Johnson/Bader etc. are not PPV level quality main events but they are still very interesting fights that do not tank the UFC's popularity. The system in WMMA3 wasn't broken so I don't quite see why there was a need to fix it.

Also not expecting a Rothwell/JDS and Gonzaga/Lewis fight night card to do horribly on this system is a bit of a stretch. Or if you meant the Florida card a Nurmagomedov/Ferguson or Evans/Teixiera main evented PPV would also do atrociously also with this system.

Having all events judged to a similiar standard simply doesn't apply in the real world as fans expect more from a 60$ PPV than they do a free or cable TV product.

It may pose a challenge to users but it just isn't realistic.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you guys book the prelims or the fight nights also where to go for each event?

While I understand the complaints above about the lack of minor shows, it's not really something you need to worry about as the UFC in any Modern Warriors mod. You'll have enough big main events available that you won't really NEED minor shows (in my experience), and even if you do lose a bit of popularity here and there, you can make it up in no time. Aside from that, you're so far ahead of your competition that it won't really hurt you anyway.

As for event locations, just do as you please. Not sure how significant it is for a smaller company, but as the UFC you'll be pulling in a crapload of money for every show no matter where they're held. I average 20+ million per show, I believe. I honestly stopped paying attention after a while. Right now my current finances are over 297 million.

Do you guys follow the current schedule or do you go full on fantasy from the start?

I believe I booked the fights that had already been announced at the time my game started, and then went full on fantasy from there. That said, I didn't bother booking those shows on the dates when they were actually scheduled, because I wanted a show to air every single week.

I book weekly shows, usually with a full 20 fight card, because otherwise a lot of guys would end up going 6+ months without a fight unless I trimmed the roster WAY down, more than I already have. I tried cutting it down to 14 fights per card for a while, but I had to go back to 20 recently.

Archived