The Birth Of Honor

April 4th 2001 was the date I and everyone else in the locker room had been dreading. We all knew it would inevitably happen but today April 4th 2001 was the day that ECW DIED!!!!!

October 2nd 2001

It's been 6 months since ECW died, 6 months i've had to assess the wrestling industry looking on as an outsider. In those 6 months I've had an offer from those guys in Stamford but the financial package they offered was'nt really satisfactory to me

October 6th 2001

I've just attended a local indy wrestling event in my town and it was a chance meeting after that event that will change the face of the wrestling industry FOR....EVER!!!!!

October 6th 2001

Having just watched a rather average indy wrestling show I was about to go to my car and drive home when across the parking lot I saw Mr. Mark Cuban.

Mark Cuban had recently bought the Dallas Mavericks NBA team and I knew he was a fan of wrestling and mixed martial arts but I didn't expect him to attend a small indy show.

"Hello, Mr Cuban" I said to him

"Hey" was his replying as he looked at me in a rather knowingly fashion

"Don't I know you?" was the next sentence out of his mouth

"No Mr. Cuban I don't think so"

"Sure I do, you're Gabe Sapolsky"

Well I'll be damned...Mark Cuban knows who I am!!!!

It was a few hours later and we eventually finished our chat, a chat which would lead to something very special

November 13th 2001

The assembled press where eagerly awaiting the announcement that Mark Cuban had promised he would make.

25 minutes after the arranged time Mark Cuban and myself eventually made it onto the stage infront of the assembled press.

"Good afternoon everyone" opened the press conference

"You all probably already know me as abit of an entrapenuer but starting from today you can also now refer to me as owner of America's newest wrestling promotion!!!!"

That's right me and Mark Cuban are working together, he provides the finances, I provide the creative direction.

The press conference continued for another 45 minutes before Mark Cuban ended the press conference...

"Ladies and Gentlemen today November 13th 2001 will go down in wrestling history because today November 13th 2001 is the day RING OF HONOR WAS BORN!!!!!!"

Mark Cuban? Lol we'll see how this goes, hopefully my ROH start diary can proceed soon too :p

Will keep an eye open for it. I haven't watched much ROH so might use this dynasty and yours as a way of educating myself to some of the big names there etc.

I currently subscribe to WWE Network and PROGRESS Wrestling OnDemand, I like that I can watch any of their shows any time I want. Do ROH offer anything like that?

PRESS RELEASE

After months of vigarous planning and vigarous negotiations it is with great pleasure that we here at Ring Of Honor Wrestling can announce the debut show.

Era Of Honor Begins will be LIVE at the National Guard Armory in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Friday February 8th 2002

The main event of this historic show will see a triple threat match between 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, 'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson and Low Ki. This match-up will no doubt be a show stealer but that's not all the fans in attendance at the NGA can look forward to as the following matches are scheduled to take place:

Samoa Joe will go one on one with the veteran Steve Corino

Two young up and coming stars will go head to head when 'Phenomenal' AJ Styles takes on CM Punk

Two graduates of the Texas Wrestling Academy will lock up when Michael Shane and Spanky go toe to toe

Two former tag team partners will collide to see who is the best when former F.B.I members James Maritato and Tony Mamaluke battle it out

Two more young up and coming stars of the wrestling industry will face off as Jay Briscoe meets The Amazing Red

Royalty is coming to Philadelphia in the form of Prince Nana with his lovely sidekick Simply Luscious and the man going up against the royal one is Xavier

And finally tag team action hits the NGA as two of the most exciting tag teams around the Spanish Announce Team and Backseat Boyz lock up

SEE YOU ALL FEBRUARY 8TH!!!!!

Archived